sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Agree with mcsoccer and
My guess is Murillo is/was mouthing off sulking half assing it in practice. Its a message to him step it up

keep in mind we didnt need that as we had created many chances without him.
Only used Murillo for injury and helped when we were stalled .
That being sad I would give Murillo a start this week although we may not have a choice.

Buck getting absolutely immolated and abused on virtually the only chance NE had all night cost us a game we absolutely HAD to win. There's no way of getting around that.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Buck getting absolutely immolated and abused on virtually the only chance NE had all night cost us a game we absolutely HAD to win. There's no way of getting around that.

Yes there is when Long should have read the play and stepped up and not kept him inside. Too much to ask as from the former DOY?
and Royer finishing one of his many chances.

No getting around those points either. But hey lets only focus on 1 person. Seems the Myul crowd is now focused on Buck.
I dont see him as DOY candidate but come on.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

hey lets only focus on 1 person.

Im happy to focus on Davis and Rzatkowski as well, but IMO finding a good fullback without breaking the bank is a much easier task.

The fullback thing has been an issue since Duncan went down last year and Im sick of it. We had no viable options if Murillo and/or Taxi went down and that helped cost us the Atlanta series. Then predictably after Marsch left and we turned the press down Murillo was exposed for his lack of...defending.

It was a problem last year and its still a problem.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Im happy to focus on Davis and Rzatkowski as well, but IMO finding a good fullback without breaking the bank is a much easier task.

The fullback thing has been an issue since Duncan went down last year and Im sick of it. We had no viable options if Murillo and/or Taxi went down and that helped cost us the Atlanta series. Then predictably after Marsch left and we turned the press down Murillo was exposed for his lack of...defending.

It was a problem last year and its still a problem.

People believe what they want

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
What did Dyer have to say before the game? He was sweating buckets with the humidity and tv lights Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer · Aug 17 Tune in tonight at 6:30 PM ET on @MSGNetworks to catch my 'Insider' segment. Will talk Josh Sims, what has happened to Michael Amir Murillo, a future Homegrown signing prospect and potential movement into (and out of) MLS in January.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Just caught up to the game and this thread and am so thoroughly confused as to why the conversation is about Buckmaster and the Omir sub when we had a billion super high quality scoring chances from inside the 18 yard box and only posted one. The finishing was hot garbage, Royer alone had TEN (!!!) shots and scored zero even if he did come close several times.

If this game ends 5-1 like it should have, are we still honestly complaining?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Just caught up to the game and this thread and am so thoroughly confused as to why the conversation is about Buckmaster and the Omir sub when we had a billion super high quality scoring chances from inside the 18 yard box and only posted one. The finishing was hot garbage, Royer alone had TEN (!!!) shots and scored zero even if he did come close several times.

I missed this one, so I can't comment specifically, but xG was 2.89-0.55 in our favor. That's a huge margin for a draw.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

THIS.  Complainers gonna complain. 

Only question is what was hotter garbage? 

The NYRB finishing or the garbage in the Keegan landfill and that horrible smell at the stadium.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

THIS.  Complainers gonna complain. 

Only question is what was hotter garbage? 

The NYRB finishing or the garbage in the Keegan landfill and that horrible smell at the stadium.

Big difference between Royer having a bad night, and other positions having a bad night every night.

Also, at least something is being done about the landfill stench

http://newjersey.new...ve-issue-begins

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Big difference between Royer having a bad night, and other positions having a bad night every night.

Also, at least something is being done about the landfill stench

I found this part unintentionally hilarious:

"But Kearny Mayor Alberto Santos says the notion that the smell is going to get worse contradicts what the NJSEA stated at a recent meeting. He says that this has him concerned for those living around the landfill."

- Not the onion: Family moves next to landfill, complains about bad smell

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

something is being done about the landfill stench

Buy huge fans and blow the stench East!
It will not even be noticed in JC or NYC!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We didnt win 5-1 and in typical metro fashion we created a bunch of opportunities and couldnt get the result.

Needed another piece in attack and we signed a nobody with pace who cant shoot.

So no, Im not feeling too great about the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users