862 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Of course they're not invincible, but they've been less vincible than the other Eastern Conference teams this season.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What the fuck is this circlejerk?  God damnit.

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
The Bimbos are on the brink. They risk not making the playoffs if the Fire or Dynamo regain their form.

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Beating Toronto will be huge for our playoff chances.

Rooting for ties and Houston. 

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, RU

My calculations show a 3 way horse race between RSL Sounders and Impact, but we are only 1 or 2 points off the pace IF WE WIN ALL THE MATCHES WE SHOULD WIN.  Montreal and Seattle have 2 games in hand on us, but they're both on the road and Seattle has some tough opponents.  RSL and we are tied on GP, but we have one more at home.  So who knows, a few untimely losses for the leaders or a few ties and we can be back in the discussion.  But if we got the point we shouild have in August, we'd be in the driver's seat.  It should be an exciting finish.

For a season as bad as DCU has had, the USOC title is whipped cream on shit ~~ VOR II

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Apart from the final and the wild card games, everything's two-legged in the playoffs again right? I'm looking at seeding and finishing spots.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Apart from the final and the wild card games, everything's two-legged in the playoffs again right? I'm looking at seeding and finishing spots.

Yes. Conference semi-finals and final are a two-legged affair.  The away goal rule does NOT apply during this tournament.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Well, Montreal is about to shit the bed against Columbus at home, so a win against Toronto will put RBNY top in the east by 3 points. Montreal still has a game in hand though.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Need this win, it starts to put some pressure on Montreal and puts us level with the Mormons too.

#RedBullOut

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

Seattle plays away to LA this week. It would be massive if LA took 3 points.  Of course we still have to beat Dallas but we could end up being First or Second depending on RSL's result against San Jose, heading in to the Seattle game.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

We're still in the running, both for the East & the SS.

Montreal has slowly come back to earth.  The road trip to San Jose for Tuesday's game should tire them out, as should the CL match with Heredia.  Too bad it's not in Guatemala!  The other game-in-hand will be played in LA in October.

It would take a great run to win the shield, with Seattle still a point up, plus 2 games in hand.  They've won 8 of their last 9 and don't show any signs of weakening.  Makes our game there on the 29th a 6-pointer.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

We're still in the running, both for the East & the SS.

Montreal has slowly come back to earth.  The road trip to San Jose for Tuesday's game should tire them out, as should the CL match with Heredia.  Too bad it's not in Guatemala!  The other game-in-hand will be played in LA in October.

It would take a great run to win the shield, with Seattle still a point up, plus 2 games in hand.  They've won 8 of their last 9 and don't show any signs of weakening.  Makes our game there on the 29th a 6-pointe

I doubt Henry will play this game, but who knows.  It's going to be toughest game all year.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

We're officially in the picture for the SS after last night.  

Sporting has Toronto on the road next week, we've got Dallas at home, MTL home to Vancouver, Mormons are home to San Jose and Sounders go to LA.

With three of the teams in the hunt at home against non-playoff teams, we've gotta win this one or we'll fall off the pace.  A win in Seattle would change the whole dynamic of this thing...

#RedBullOut

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
I think RB needs to win four out of the last five, including the game in Seattle, to win the shield.

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

We pretty much clinch a playoff sport with one more win. That win in Houston was huge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users