#16 josh24601

josh24601

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

I'm just focused on this one, because it's so out there. I mean, I know you weren't serious, but lots of songs were popular in our childhoods, but you don't hear people doing "Rock Me Amadeus" or "I'm Too Sexy." Picking Biz Markie is still mysterious for ONE group, let alone two. It's almost as if the "Total Eclipse of the Heart" thing had caught on, AND someone else was doing the same thing.

It's gotta be that commercial.

Now I'm all obsessed with finding a new bizarre chant that catches on. I guess it has to be organic.

Although I will say I saw you mention Macho Man in another thread. I think it can happen.

#17 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

Stopper also wrote "Ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, let's go LA Galaxy!" (the post-sensei chant)...

This chant is based on the one the Koreans did over and over again during the 2002 World Cup. It might have been Stopper's idea, but he got it from there. Unless the Koreans somehow stole it from him.

Rather than other groups stealing our beats, I'm more concerned about the songs and chants that LARS was founded NOT to do seeping into our set list, namely, anything based on "Oh When the Saints Come Marching In" and that wordless one that Sam's Army does all the time "Duh duh duuuh, Duh duh duuh, Duh duh duh duh duh-duh duuuh..." or, in other worlds, the typical Sam's Army Set List + anything the Galaxians do in English.

Edit: I like Josh's reference further above to "Old 137". How long 'til you buy a mini-van and start complaining about "those kids", Josh?

#18 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

They are, and they aren't. Trying to sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" is just not cool.

i don't think Richard and Oscar intended on this song being "cool". Coming from me, anything done on a stage is just NOT cool! (except Xanadu and Rock of Ages who used cover songs from the 80s)

Stopper also wrote "Ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, ohhhh, Galaxy, let's go LA Galaxy!" (the post-sensei chant)

Stop right there. Where is the Copyright Police when we need them!!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#19 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

My favorite chant is still "Hey, _____, YOU SUCK!" Is that stolen from anyone?

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#20 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

How long until we start hearing...

"This is NY"
"This is TO"
"This is ...."

etc. etc. etc.

#21 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

I think Never Rest Easy is the only unique one we have.

I still have nightmares of drew carey reading that in poetic form..

#22 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

But...how? I mean...when would they have heard it? We obviously didn't play Philly last year, and it's not like anyone was dumb enough to put a live mike in front of 137.

Quakes supporters, yeah, they stole everything that wasn't nailed down. And when ACB did Just a Friend at the Open Cup game against St. Louis, I was pretty sure where they got it.

But this one is just weird. If the Sons of Ben say they came up with this on their own, I'd be tempted to believe them.

There must have been philly fans standing next to our section at mls cup. drunk manwich started singing this and I remember we had it going for a while.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#23 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

I think we need steal more Korean chants. I just find it kinda lame that all these support groups use the same chants. I dunno.... maybe it's just the failed artist in me, I always hater comments that went, "it reminds me of this.... it sounds like this.... it looks like that...." I'm gonna go warm up my breakfast burrito now and get some coffee.

Let's Eat!

#24 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

my "clap, clap, clapclapclapclap, LA" chant was stolen and modified from the HDC P.A. system. All the teams are doing it now.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#25 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

that wordless one that Sam's Army does all the time "Duh duh duuuh, Duh duh duuh, Duh duh duh duh duh-duh duuuh..."

That's the same one I was trying to describe. I always thought Never Rest Easy sounded a lot like it. Not exact, but similar. I figured they were cousins somehow.

Edit: I like Josh's reference further above to "Old 137". How long 'til you buy a mini-van and start complaining about "those kids", Josh?

So true...

I went to find the Korean (Korean?) thing that LA Lets Go is based on and it's taken off of youtube. Did somebody have it pulled down for copyright infringement on LARS?

#26 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

This chant is based on the one the Koreans did over and over again during the 2002 World Cup. It might have been Stopper's idea, but he got it from there. Unless the Koreans somehow stole it from him.

Rather than other groups stealing our beats, I'm more concerned about the songs and chants that LARS was founded NOT to do seeping into our set list, namely, anything based on "Oh When the Saints Come Marching In" and that wordless one that Sam's Army does all the time "Duh duh duuuh, Duh duh duuh, Duh duh duh duh duh-duh duuuh..." or, in other worlds, the typical Sam's Army Set List + anything the Galaxians do in English.

i think we took this from a group of koreans sitting in 137 in 2007. i think it was one of those preseason tourny or korean night at hdc. the koreans had drums, red t-shirts, headbands and were chanting and waving their arms in the air and by the end of the game they were in 138 showing us how to do it.

#27 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:59 AM

Ill continue to do "we love you" until more of the chants become louder. "Riot Squad we are here" and "we love you" are the two songs we do the loudest. Ill try new things if anyone comes up with them. I dont like the Korean chant that we flail our arms, I will never start that one.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#28 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

I dont like the Korean chant that we flail our arms, I will never start that one.

+1. that's the gayest chant we have. i never do it.

#29 andric

andric

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

I think we need to get the Cut You Down chant working, that has the potential to be great.
------------------------------------------------------
"Chad Barrett was totally angry when he was subbed out. I think he was angry that he was Chad Barrett." - Chalky

#30 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

I think we need to get the Cut You Down chant working, that has the potential to be great.

I agree. There's a lot of potentially great songs, but either LARS is too inebriated to get them right, or too elitist to try them
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users