Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
1-3 look impossible for us rn.

So we have to really do well to get 4/5 and then have to go to atl/Nycfc/philly and win two in a row...

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Cincinnati winning in Montreal and Orlando getting a tie against New England were good results for us at least.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Two wins and we are in the playoffs.

One win (and no other points) would force Montreal, Chicago/Orlando (only one since they play each other), and the Crew the need to win out to pass us.

Mathematically, a win and no other points for us and Montreal getting two wins and a draw would leave us even on points and wins, but current goal differential is +3 for us and -15 for Montreal.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
LAFC down to a possible 12 points, which means they can finish with 76, not exactly shattering Red Bulls record of 71. I predict they only break it by one or two points.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

LAFC down to a possible 12 points, which means they can finish with 76, not exactly shattering Red Bulls record of 71. I predict they only break it by one or two points.

They have 3 of their 4 games left at home with only having to go to Minnesota. I'm more curious to see how they fare in the playoffs.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

They need to win out to beat our 'Wins in a season' record.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,826 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Two wins and we are in the playoffs.

Will our playoff fortunes improve? Doubtful.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
1 loss down 4 to go.

Got really lucky that Montreal shit the bed at home against horrendous Cincinnati.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,826 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

lucky that Montreal shit the bed at home.

Story of our lives

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

crazed optimistic take which I can only hope happens but then reality sets in

was Warshaw the Red Bull Optimist all along?

https://www.mlssocce...keaways-week-28 New York Red Bulls

Three straight losses for the Red Bulls and they have slipped down to sixth place in the Eastern Conference, but let’s look at the full forest.

Premise A: Playing as favorites in the playoffs doesn’t help the Red Bulls. Three years as Supporters’ Shield winners, three years without making it to MLS Cup. The elements of what make the Red Bulls good — overwhelming opponents and winning the ensuing chaos — do not work as well when you’re the favorites. Teams mentally prepare for that type of game. By my estimation, they should feel better about going into a playoff game as the No. 6 or 7 seed than as the No. 1 or 2 seed.

Premise B: They can still execute those fundamental principles. In every game over the last few months, they have had some stretch that showed they can still totally flood opponents. 

That’s all to say, the Red Bulls shouldn’t be stressed right now. Or, maybe they should be stressed, but they shouldn’t feel panicked. This script is playing out in a way that favors them. If they can stay confident and arrogant, they are still in a good position. To use my dad’s old saying, “They got them right where they want them.”

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts
It's not like we haven't played as underdogs in the playoffs before. Didn't win an MLS Cup then either but at least made a final in 08.

Really fooling yourself if you think this team is going to go on the road and win several playoff games.

I would absolutely love nothing more then to be wrong and this team shocks us and finally wins a cup.

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

My playoff mindset now: Let's draw NYCFC and knock them out at Yankee Stadium. Successful season. More likely we get sent home in round 1...but again, if someone else knocks out NYCFC, success. It's like the Lehigh-Lafayette rivarly in college football, the most played rivalry at 154 games going back to 1884. One or the other can lose all 10 other games on their schedule, but if they beat their rival in week 11 the year is judged a success.

MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

I would absolutely love nothing more then to be wrong and this team shocks us and finally wins a cup.

It would be interesting to see how quickly the board will go from 'Fire Chris Armas' to 'Does Armas deserve a statue outside RBA?'

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,135 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It would be interesting to see how quickly the board will go from 'Fire Chris Armas' to 'Does Armas deserve a statue outside RBA?'

At this point, even if we pull off that miracle, he would have to do some magical shit for anyone to not think we won it despite him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

lol Warshaw doubling down on the "we better off being mediocre" line is something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users