• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:SOCCER AND BEER! Aside from that... avid hockey fan, some basketball, and mixed martial arts.
  • Supports:LA GALAXY/Newcastle United/AC Milan

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

Alright lets do this! I know there has gotta be people who can possibly play on say either a Tuesday night or Thursday night. Thanks to the fellas of ACB FC (and a rare Sunday night off from my usual Sunday night activity) I got to check out the Garden Grove indoor soccer arena and liked it. I know Hot Rod has played there also. Got my players card and wanta put a team together for the upcoming season. Was told by staff that the current season ends Dec 17th so the next season would start the following week after that. The earliest games would be 6:30 so if anyone can make it to Garden Grove by 6:30 on a Tues. or Thurs. night and wants to play HIT ME UP!!!!

ALSO: The team name isnt permanent... we can discuss team name afterwards HAHA just thought it sounded cool for this thread :cool:

EDIT: Scroll down to my recent post for new info
Zero Cool is always good for a laugh... I mean SERIOUSLY! His name is ZERO cool HAHAHAHA

#2 alfonso310

alfonso310

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Supports:VARIETY OF TEAMS

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:57 AM

Alright lets do this! I know there has gotta be people who can possibly play on say either a Tuesday night or Thursday night. Thanks to the fellas of ACB FC (and a rare Sunday night off from my usual Sunday night activity) I got to check out the Garden Grove indoor soccer arena and liked it. I know Hot Rod has played there also. Got my players card and wanta put a team together for the upcoming season. Was told by staff that the current season ends Dec 17th so the next season would start the following week after that. The earliest games would be 6:30 so if anyone can make it to Garden Grove by 6:30 on a Tues. or Thurs. night and wants to play HIT ME UP!!!!

ALSO: The team name isnt permanent... we can discuss team name afterwards HAHA just thought it sounded cool for this thread :cool:

I'm in if you start a team for Thursday nights. I've played at the GG Arena before. Let me know if your still forming a team.

#3 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:SOCCER AND BEER! Aside from that... avid hockey fan, some basketball, and mixed martial arts.

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:37 AM

I'm in if you start a team for Thursday nights. I've played at the GG Arena before. Let me know if your still forming a team.

Never found interested people enoough for a team (tough finding peeps who can play on a weekday I guess) so joining up Wolfs Athletic ... if Hot Rod ever comes back on and posts some info on the thread titled indoor soccer in OC I've actually tried deleting this thread but I guess maybe only mods can HAHA
Zero Cool is always good for a laugh... I mean SERIOUSLY! His name is ZERO cool HAHAHAHA

#4 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

Alright Im bumping this thread because I went by South Coast Soccer City today to check it out. THE PLACE IS AWESOME!!!! A bit pricy to play especially the first season because you have to pay a membership fee but the fields are WELL WORTH IT! Plus its actually INDOOR so you will get to play rain or shine. It could be 30 degrees outside and pouring cats and dogs and you'll still get to play! According to person I spoke to the adult league games are Wednesday nights starting at 8PM so you could play at 8, 9 or 10. The games are 5 on 5 so need atleast 5 people to put a team together with a max of 12. Obviously the more peeps play the cheaper overall for the team. The bad part is the membership fee(for those who dont have much $ to spend) $40 bux! (ouch) The season starts Jan 2nd which means first game would be the 6th... would be great to get a team started in time but if not can wait till start of next season. Check out their website... they've got pics of the fields and all necessary forms and info on there..
South Coast Soccer City

#5 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:00 PM

Perhaps I can bring you five dudes...I'll know more by the end of this week...
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#6 Hot Rod

Hot Rod

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Interests:Soccer(football),Hot Rods,Pony Cars,Muscle Cars,Classics,Kustoms
  • Supports:LA Galaxy,Manchester United,USA

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

He's talking about futsal.
Wolves Athletic Indoor Soccer Club

Cardiff City legends - John Charles, Fred Keenor, Robin Friday

#7 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

He's talking about futsal.

Yes indeed amigo! It is officially futsal. A great soccer skills builder... how do you think all them Brazilians got sooo good? HAHA

#8 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:10 AM

So far...

1. Crime - supersub (lol) membership paid
2. Smartskid - goalie
3. Jesus - playmaker/striker
4. Ronny - playmaker/striker

Almost got a team but highly doubt we will have enough people for one by the time the season starts. If everyone really is down they should atleast get their memberships paid... maybe even go check out the place a few times. I have paid mines and have been there a couple times already. That way when the next season starts everyone is already a member and just has to worry about paying for the season.

#9 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

South Coast Soccer City

I'll go by tonight and check it out.

If they have an over 40 team I can play on, I'll pay the membership for that, then you can use me as a sub on your team until you have enough regular players.

#10 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

I'll go by tonight and check it out.

If they have an over 40 team I can play on, I'll pay the membership for that, then you can use me as a sub on your team until you have enough regular players.

Sounds good... I believe they do have an over 40 league. They are having trouble getting enough teams for some of the divisions since the place is really new and not everyone knows about it yet. Last I checked they had a few teams for 1st division mens which is to advanced for me I feel. Im shooting for 2nd division which is currently lacking in teams. I technically should be putting myself on some 30 and up team but I like too push myself and pretend I can still keep up :cool:

#11 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:29 PM

Just went and checked it out - really nice place! 6 fields - 4 futsal fields of hard plastic tiles and 2 small indoor carpet fields with low boards.

They have enough for an >40 House team that plays on Wednesday nights. There's still a few spots open it if anyone's interested.

If nothing else - thanks for posting this thread, as I didn't know that place was there.

Fake Edit: In looking at the names of the teams in the >40 league, I noticed that they are nearly all the same as the South Bay Peninsula Soccer League

#12 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:02 AM

Just went and checked it out - really nice place! 6 fields - 4 futsal fields of hard plastic tiles and 2 small indoor carpet fields with low boards.

They have enough for an >40 House team that plays on Wednesday nights. There's still a few spots open it if anyone's interested.

If nothing else - thanks for posting this thread, as I didn't know that place was there.

Fake Edit: In looking at the names of the teams in the >40 league, I noticed that they are nearly all the same as the South Bay Peninsula Soccer League

i wonder if billyB eats meat... hmmmm

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#13 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

i wonder if billyB eats meat... hmmmm

You must be seriously bored.

Don't you have some test papers to slide down the stairs grade?

#14 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

I'm going out there tonight at 6:30 to play in the open play pickup game at 7:00.

#15 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'm going out there tonight at 6:30 to play in the open play pickup game at 7:00.

How was it? I went there when it was raining but honestly... I love the fields and all but I cant see myself having to pay to play pickup futsal when I can literly walk down here to my local park (and do atleast 3 or 4 times a week) and play pickup futsal for free on the tennis courts with a bunch of guys that always show up. Going there to play pickup will be when I really wanta play and it happens to be raining HAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users