678 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Open the season hosting TFC2 on 3/17. On 3/24, we visit ATL UTD 2.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Is their official name ATL UTD 2?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Is their official name ATL UTD 2?

http://www.myajc.com...hRGXRqHXTaXDgM/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

David Najem to Tampa Bay. Also, on the first page of this thread, been providing updates on other former first or USL team players from the past that we may see in 2018.

Junior Flemmings also just signed with Tampa Bay.

Heard that he was upset that he was supposed to be moved to the first team this season, but due to INTL slots that didn't pan out so had offers from other MLS teams (apparently not). Holds no grudges, but Tampa Bay isn't exactly a step above NYRBII.

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Exactly... If he was welcome back by RB2, then why would he go to Tampa?

And right or wrong, the team basically chose Valot and Bezecourt over Flemmings.  I think they are correct with Bezecourt, dont' necessarily agree with Valot.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Exactly... If he was welcome back by RB2, then why would he go to Tampa?

i think the main allure of playing on RB2 is that it is a pipeline to RB 1st team. If you remove that part of the equation, you are basically playing for a team that draws less than high school sports teams. I am not sure if Tampa does any better, but a change of scenery wouldn't hurt him.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

i think the main allure of playing on RB2 is that it is a pipeline to RB 1st team. If you remove that part of the equation, you are basically playing for a team that draws less than high school sports teams. I am not sure if Tampa does any better, but a change of scenery wouldn't hurt him.

Tampa Bay averaged about 6,000 people per game last season in a 7,500 baseball-turned-sort-of-soccer-specific stadium.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Schedule:
http://www.uslsoccer...rrer_id=2333971

Home games through June 9th will be at Red Bull Arena then over to MSU. In the meantime, MSU will get to 5,000 seats (gotta get that D2 Compliance locked down).

@CurseofCaricola

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Saw a Twitter post that someone on Seeing Red stated that Noah Powder may no longer be with the club, possibly due to disciplinary issues.

Would be a shame.

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Onceametro wrote an article saying he is trying to make other teams.

Could be because he was kicked off this team but worth mentioning either way.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

MSU will get to 5,000 seats (gotta get that D2 Compliance locked down).

Those extra seats might as well be made of balsa wood, based on the attendance figures that I have read.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Those extra seats might as well be made of balsa wood, based on the attendance figures that I have read.

For sure. They averaged 632 in 2017 (no zeros missing). Dead last in all USL/NASL attendance out of the 38 teams.

Those seats and locker room refurbishments are strictly to be D2 compliant, which is excellent to know that the team plans to stay D2 and not move to USL D3 or fold.

Season tickets to the USL team for the games at both RBA and MSU are $84 plus a scarf so I bought a ticket to hit the games up after work. Might join the Rampage SG as well.

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Saw a Twitter post that someone on Seeing Red stated that Noah Powder may no longer be with the club, possibly due to disciplinary issues.

Would be a shame.

Disciplinary issues would be surprising from my POV at least.  He was captain of one of the T&T youth teams right?  Either way, that's a disappointing loss.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

For sure. They averaged 632 in 2017 (no zeros missing). Dead last in all USL/NASL attendance out of the 38 teams.

Those seats and locker room refurbishments are strictly to be D2 compliant, which is excellent to know that the team plans to stay D2 and not move to USL D3 or fold.

Season tickets to the USL team for the games at both RBA and MSU are $84 plus a scarf so I bought a ticket to hit the games up after work. Might join the Rampage SG as well.

My son is a fairly hardcore RB supporter and goes to Montclair, so I bought two season tix for him last year. I think he went to maybe three games. He said if he has spare time he and his buddies are playing, not watching.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
Rafi Diaz signed with Sacramento Republic.

Showed flashes but struggled a bit with splitting time with Louro last year.

Hoping we sign Eric Klenofsky as Louros backup. He is a former U23 standout that was drafted by DC and spent time with Richmond Kickers, last year.

NYRBII also announced today that Andrew Lombard underwent yet another surgery. Out 4-6 weeks. Former USYNT player has been injured frequently the past few years.

Waiting to see if Tim Schmoll, Zeiko Lewis and David Abidor land (and Dan Metzger and Arun Basuljevic).
Also, still no final word that Noah Powder has been officially released.

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users