536 replies to this topic

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Not even success per se, just the complete, total, and utter lack of ambition on the part of ownership to be successful

If they dont care about winning a cup, I dont care enough to spend one cent on them

And now there is another team in the vicinity that does care and did win a cup? Things are going to be really ugly with how empty the stadium will be

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Things are going to be really ugly with how empty the stadium will be

We can have capacity crowds every game. There is no limit on the amount of tarps they can put in.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Unless they have some Fabio signings in the works, kept under wraps and an hour from rumor to announcement, they are in trouble.

Wiki and Castellano dont really apply to the same category because no one is anticipating the signings of 17 year old Venezuelans

IG follows are dry, so there isnt even an inkling that something is being worked on. Im sure Mullings and 16 year old Ngoma, both attackers, will solve the issues at LB, CM, and ST.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
While I fully agree signings are an issue and big signings would help attendance, I do feel the majority of people attending games are families that just want to go catch a game for fun. Almost like minor league baseball. They want an enjoyable experience. Yes, signing Messi would fill the stadium, but signing some solid European who has experience playing in good leagues isnt drawing 90% of fans. If we signed Zelaráyan for instance, I doubt our attendance would change one ioata. This club has done a pitiful job of promoting itself to the average fan.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

There are a dozen+ different things that affect the dwindling attendance, but lack of any name recognition is certainly one of them. If they signed Vela in 2018, attendance would have seen a bump. If it were us bringing is a Shaqiri or Insigne, there would certainly be a bump. And those aren't "retirement league" moves either.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

People dont buy tickets because of the individual players but people for sure drop season tickets or buy less if they dont think the owners/club are investing in the first team as much as they are

To be honest, good organizations hype up their players whether they are good or not. It's usually a guy that could connect with the fan base and fans tend to rally behind that player. It is like a campaign. It is basically what nbc is doing to promote the athletes in the winter Olympics. When was the last time something like that was done with rbny?

Henry?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

To be honest, good organizations hype up their players whether they are good or not.

When was the last time rbny spent money hyping up a player? Henry?

How would you like them to spend money on that?   Commercials on Channel 9 News?   Full page ad in the Times?  Goodyear blimp maybe?   Pulls some strings for an interview on David Letterman?

That's not the problem.  The problem is clearly parking, and the demise of $1 hot dogs.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

maxmini

maxmini

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Corinthians

The soccer "snobs" see the MLS as a minor league.  They have access to most all the games these days on TV.  While I don't know what their numbers are, they are not interested in driving/riding somewhere to ( in their eyes) watch a development team play.  They have a strong case that RBNY are a development team for the other RB teams.  Not providing anyone at a higher and proven talent level is a guaranteed way to keep them away.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I think parking and public transit are the biggest problems for attendance.  And unfortunately, there is basically nothing within the team's power that can be done about those issues at this point, short of building a new stadium.

For casuals and families, ease of getting to the game is far more important than popular signings. No amount of marketing can make the parking or public transportation experience better.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I think parking and public transit are the biggest problems for attendance.  And unfortunately, there is basically nothing within the team's power that can be done about those issues at this point, short of building a new stadium.

For casuals and families, ease of getting to the game is far more important than popular signings. No amount of marketing can make the parking or public transportation experience better.

This x1000. The majority of seats are being filled by families, not soccer die-hards. They want an easy and good experience. Red Bull has struggled with that recently

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

This x1000. The majority of seats are being filled by families, not soccer die-hards. They want an easy and good experience. Red Bull has struggled with that recently

recently?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The public transit situation has gotten better, parking is similar if not a little worse - but attendance has clearly gone down since the 2014-2016 time frame. No one expects sellouts weekly or even monthly. But actual asses in seats is much lower and pretty much directly coincides with our slide down the rankings in terms of $$$'s spent on player salaries. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'd add the style of play - under Marsch the team just felt more ruthless and reckless. Under Stuber, there's a lot of 1-0 and inept offense. You don't get people coming back without the drama. 

All of these things add up. 

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The attendance has been dropping since El Pastor shut its doors.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

The public transit situation has gotten better, parking is similar if not a little worse - but attendance has clearly gone down since the 2014-2016 time frame. No one expects sellouts weekly or even monthly. But actual asses in seats is much lower and pretty much directly coincides with our slide down the rankings in terms of $$$'s spent on player salaries. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

I think its purely coincidence.   Ever since they started building up the area with the fancy new PATH station,  apartment buildings, bars, and restaurants, the neighborhood has lost all its charm.    Also, they got rid of the taco truck outside before the game, and the $5 hat guy is up to $7.   And they don't sell Guinness anywhere in the stadium anymore.    I'm surprised they get as many people to the games as they do.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users