725 replies to this topic

D-Rod79

D-Rod79

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
If they could make it happen, Fagundez would be a great addition. If Kaku stays, he can play on the wing and add fire power to the attack.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I guess people are speculating on Fagundez because it is so slow.  I would take him to play CAM in a heartbeat.  But why the heck would NER trade to us??  

Friedel benched Nguyen who was their assist leader. 

Onto this Belgium guy - underwhelmed

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I guess people are speculating on Fagundez because it is so slow.  I would take him to play CAM in a heartbeat.  But why the heck would NER trade to us??  

Friedel benched Nguyen who was their assist leader. 

Onto this Belgium guy - underwhelmed

Fagundez is actively trying to leave NE which is why his name is popping up, but that's about all we've heard so far. We'd probably have to pay a premium to get him from a conference rival, and Fagundez himself I'm sure wants more money than NE is paying, but on the field he'd be a great fit.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Supposing we lose Kaku, Fagundez could be solid, quick fix replacement. But I'd suspect the Revs wouldn't do business with us if they won't let him go to Uruguay. Then again, at that point we'd have plenty of allocation money, and we'd have to spend it somewhere.

He's cheap, could play behind the BWP in addition to the wing and is in some pretty good company with 9 goals and 10 assists last season. We can sell him on our ability to develop talent and sell them on when they have ambitions elsewhere. I haven't watched how he plays enough to know if he'd fit in, but it's my understanding Fridel had the Revs pressing last season, too.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

... we'd have plenty of allocation money, and we'd have to spend it somewhere.

says who?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

says who?

Targeted allocation money expires pretty quickly, not sure if that's the case with general though

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Bautista Merlini, the LW I mentioned a couple pages ago signed with Defensa y Justicia in Argentina.  Oh, and Kaku's friend Manuel Falon went back to South America.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Bautista Merlini, the LW I mentioned a couple pages ago signed with Defensa y Justicia in Argentina.  Oh, and Kaku's friend Manuel Falon went back to South America.

Merlini looks like he has the technical skill, but doesn't seem to play all that much, moving to DyJ prob works out for him. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Thierry Henry will be available soon! He should join the Red Bulls' coaching staff...or perhaps lace up his boots again as that most coveted second striker.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Atlanta has 4 DP's on the roster, someone's on the move.  Not to here of course...but wouldn't that be nice.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Atlanta has 4 DP's on the roster, someone's on the move.  Not to here of course...but wouldn't that be nice.

Or MLS will just grab an eraser and re-write the pencil-written rule book so they can keep all 4

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I believe Barco is going to Philly on loan. Meanwhile in LA...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro

Yamil Asad not going back to DC, apparently...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I believe Barco is going to Philly on loan. Meanwhile in LA...

really? they are still reeling from the Jack Mac drama.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Sounds like la is keeping their dps. they can use tam to bring down 1 of the dps

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users