174 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

any other MFers making the trek out for these 2 games?

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=SxgQYdjMQi8
Perhaps a few ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Sims also needs to start putting the ball in the back of the net.

I know he hasn't done that once since the 2014-2015 England U18 season (per Wikipedia) but the guy has to start producing.

Why would anyone expect him to score goals? Hes never shown he can do that in his career.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Because he's from "premier league" and playing in MLS as our only signing?

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Sims hasnt shown he can shoot worth a damn. So when Red Bull was looking at him they shouldnt have had that kind of production on their minds. Hes good for stretching opponents, countering, and providing assists,

With White on the shelf and BWP and Barlow inconsistent I dont think Sims was the addition we desperately needed. And thats an understatement.

Honestly, if Muyl is close to 100% Id start him every game, tell the team to press the opponent for 45 minutes like its a cup final, hopefully get the lead, and then bring on sims immediately for Muyl at halftime to threaten the opponent as they press forward and leave themselves open to the counter.

The other two subs also need to come earlier. To hell with saving one for injury. Were in trouble and desperate times yardda yadda yadda.

Bring rzatkowski on for Davis at minute 60 and whoever on for whoever else is gassed shortly after.

CCJ needs to go 90 every game as a pure 6. When he doesnt the difference in the team is night and day.

Its not the best way of doing things, but its the only way I see us having a shot in hell from here on out.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Are any other MFers making the trek out for these 2 games?

Rumor that away support will be 100+ in Seattle & 75+ in Portland. Unknown how many post on MF.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Rumor that away support will be 100+ in Seattle & 75+ in Portland. Unknown how many post on MF.

Wow that's really impressive. Bring the noise guys!!! 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

impressive. Bring the noise guys!!! 

Hope the team shows up! For both games!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

More than I was expecting! My group will account for 5 of both those numbers. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Hoping its relaxed and easy to kick ass

New York Red Bulls relaxed ahead of vital business trip to Pacific Northwest
The Red Bulls face a stiff test on the road, first facing the Seattle Sounders Sunday and then the Portland Timbers Wednesday

n addition to the usual film study on their opponents, the Red Bulls watched highlights of Kemar Lawrence helping lead Jamaica to a pair of Concacaf Nations League B victories and Kaku scoring his first goal for Paraguay in a 4-0 victory over Jordan in an international friendly in Amman Tuesday.
Can you tell you 1 highlight they didnt watch.

Seriously hoping this team can push reset, regain the attitude edge they had last year now that its do or die.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
1st trip to the Northwest for me. My friend who lives here and is joining for the games got a photo with Kaku/CCJ/Omir going into the Nike store in Seattle this morning.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Two RBII players were on my flight.
Bezecourt & Nealis. No sign of Stroud.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Two RBII players were on my flight.
Bezecourt & Nealis. No sign of Stroud.

Because both are signed to the first team and can theoretically play vs Seattle or Portland.

Stroud isn't and can't.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Stroud is always showing up in the boxscore. I feel like he SHOULD be on that flight!

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
So I assume were punting the Wednesday game? Team is too cheap to fly these guys out if theyre not going to play, right?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
BWP
Royer - Kaku - Sims
CCJ - Davis/RZA
Taxi - long - Parker - Murillo
Robles