ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

What WILL happen:

We beat Philly and Atlanta...false hope. We get smoked by NYCFC at yankee stadium and they go on to beat FCD in the Cup final.

If we beat Philly and ATL away with this roster and manager, it will be beyond everyone's wildest expectations of this playoff season. NYC at basically neutral field for a place in MLS Cup would be a really good situation to be in, all things considered.

My guess at this point: 2-1 Union, we are out after 90 mins.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

If we beat Philly and ATL away with this roster and manager, it will be beyond everyone's wildest expectations of this playoff season. NYC at basically neutral field for a place in MLS Cup would be a really good situation to be in, all things considered.

My guess at this point: 2-1 Union, we are out after 90 mins.

I agree, to get to final 4, conf finals, with the lowest or second lowest payroll in MLS after FO essentially abandoned the team, would be a monumental over achievement. A first round exit seems a lot more likely, though I am hoping the guys can step up and get a win or two in play-offs.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
A first round exit wouldnt be enough of a gut punch. Theyll play like dogshit but somehow win the first two games to give the fanbase another dose of false hope and then get smoked by the smurfs who will then go on to win it all.

This team specializes in emotional terrorism.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

If White was well enough to start vs. Montreal then why hasnt he been getting sub minutes for RB2.

Sucks having him in preseason form going into the playoffs. Hes probably a few games away from full fitness.

It's amazing how we are hoping to get White, a pedestrian forward even by MLS standards, in better shape to play in play-offs with other alternatives being so much worse when fairly recently we had a top MLS forward BWP backed up by super-sub Veron. Veron was given a boot, and as expected BWP got old, with FO mastering pathetic Jorgensen and Rivas as big signings to replace them. White better be in top shape soon.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I think we get smoked in Philly, I have no confidence in this team on the road. Would absolutely love to be wrong.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I think we get smoked in Philly, I have no confidence in this team on the road. Would absolutely love to be wrong.

If it helps any, our away record wasn't actually that awful this year, 9th overall in the league. Not great, but not a disaster. 

Home form killed us this year, Red Bulls had never lost more than 3 home games in a season since RBA opened, we lost 5 this year.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

It's amazing how we are hoping to get White, a pedestrian forward even by MLS standards, in better shape to play in play-offs with other alternatives being so much worse when fairly recently we had a top MLS forward BWP backed up by super-sub Veron. Veron was given a boot, and as expected BWP got old, with FO mastering pathetic Jorgensen and Rivas as big signings to replace them. White better be in top shape soon.

Brian White has 10 goals and 2 assists in 24 MLS regular season games.  I wouldn't call him 'pedestrian' for MLS...I think he can be a pretty good striker in this league. His holdup play is very good and he's already shown a nose for the goal. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
If he had a couple more games under his belt since returning from injury Id be much more optimistic about White.

But he hasnt. So Im not.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Throw all the stats out the window people. It's the playoffs. If we put on our big boy pants next week, we'll win. If not, we'll lose. That's the only stat that matters. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Throw all the stats out the window people. It's the playoffs. If we put on our big boy pants next week, we'll win. If not, we'll lose. That's the only stat that matters. 

We dont own big boy pants.

But there is always dumb luck!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

This team specializes in emotional terrorism.

we've been held hostage for way too long, and there's no John McClane to rescue us from our German-speaking captors. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

we've been held hostage for way too long, and there's no John McClane to rescue us from our German-speaking captors. 

If we make to the final against LAFC maybe we should move the game to Nakatomi Plaza?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

post-MLS Cup win tifo at BoC:

"Yippie Ki Yay, motherfuckers"

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Brian White has 10 goals and 2 assists in 24 MLS regular season games.  I wouldn't call him 'pedestrian' for MLS...I think he can be a pretty good striker in this league. His holdup play is very good and he's already shown a nose for the goal. 

I don't know. He is a starting lone striker for us, and don't take me wrong, he did all right, but he is not even a leading scorer on the team. 10 goals is decent, but for a lone forward on a team, I think expectation for a very good striker should be a bit higher. White is decent. Other strikers on the team are garbage. My point was that we had a lot more talent at the position in the past, and FO did incredibly poor job at it this year.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If we make to the final against LAFC maybe we should move the game to Nakatomi Plaza?

They'd have to move the game to Christmas Day

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users