2009 DOTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,991 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Thoughtcrime United

Like Corey said in another thread, we should make a banner that says:

HEY JCO, OPEN CUP MATCHES ARE IMPORTANT

Or something like that.

Not a bad idea. Now if only we had a banner or two to use as a base for something like this...

If only.....
Upsetting Shorts: Funny, so you don't have to. SEASON 2 BEGINS! NEW EPISODE JULY 2nd!!!

Eleazar: "Tim = wise man"

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

Having a banner up over frustration about an Open Cup loss is one thing, but to protest a game about that c'mon.

I think a protest during a friendly game is the perfect time for such a thing. IT'S not an *IMPORTANT" match, yet we are going to have our starters in for the match. The exact opposite of what was needed down in MD.

Since they can't figure it out, we need to show them what games are IMPORTANT and which ones we will and won't show up for.

Infected Since 96'

Infected Since 96'

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Supports:Azzurri/Juventus
How bout showing up at the practice field and berate them and then leave.

HendersonNYC

HendersonNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Inter Milan, USA
But we keep supporting this team and it almost seems like we're supporting them for our own benefit and nothing else. I'm not saying we should quit the metro club or anything...but they lost and rightfully so they lost cause they played like shit. And yeah they were upset but they got to take a shower and ride back in a big bus and they have the day off tomorrow. We all had to get in a car and realize we spent our money, took a day off, and drove down there while not getting home till 3 am then having to work the next day. Its my year end and I have to work on the 4th because of taking that trip. This is all for a different thread but did you see how crystal palace showed their support for their fans. The guy jumped the barrier and practically knitted half the section a sweater when he scored. And I can only assume that if they lost they would've thanked the people for the support. And they were F*CKING HOME. Their fans traveled 30 minutes tops after leaving work at 5:30. We had two people clap us off....if we weren't there they'd have NO ONE cheering for them. I guarantee you our feelings would have been a bit less harsh had they came over to the fence and showed us an ounce of recognition.

And I'm honestly debating the Barca boycott...its a FRIENDLY at a stupid time and the only reason its there is to get MONEY. If they're doing it strictly for money then why can't I sell my ticket strictly for money. If our season doesn't matter to the team and only filling the seats do for a friendly then why should I care about the season? Let's see how 101 looks without its soul. The carcass of a barren 101 would make that stadium DEAD with only the noobs & posers cheering for their "beloved" Barca. Anyways...I'm taking this to the private boards later on...PM me if anyone wants to talk about this.

Leon

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
When the captain and leader of the team is Reyna can any of us be surprised that the players don't seem to give to shits about playing for the club and the fans? With a few exceptions they show no passion at all for what they are doing why should we continue too? Also all this negativity toward the team is not from just last nights lose and the players lack of acknowledgment of our support (yet again). This has been going on for well over year with this team and group of players. Do these guys care and will they ever?

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

tilt215

tilt215

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY, Jersey SkyBlue
Havent other supporters boycotted or protested in this league (the midnight riders for example)? There is nothing wrong with it. Supporters clubs can show their distaste for their team. I say we make a banner or two, hang them at the BeckHAM FC game, where a lot of people will see them, but still go in their singing our hearts out. Didnt we do this back in the day agains tthe league? I remember bringing signs to the games protesting the shootouts at the end and what not.

Look I will fork over some of myown money and make two banners: (something like)

Why do supporters care more than the team?

and maybe

Fire Agoos... retire Reyna

EDIT

Maybe one that calls out reyna for playing in chinatown but failing to suit up and earn his 7 figures.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
I will boycott this team by not attending one or two games in August. I haven't decided yet.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

SgtWilson

SgtWilson

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Interests:Football, my CBR600, drinking.
  • Supports:Red Bull NY, USMNT, Man Utd

I will boycott this team by not attending one or two games in August. I haven't decided yet.

Pastor that's cool, but we should make sure we all get on the same page for it. Know what I mean ?
When the stadium is full, yet the seats are empty??
When the crowd is in full voice, yet the score is nil-nil??
When the men play for keeps, and it's only a friendly??
When they play it like a cup final, and it's early April??
When America truly loves football, and it's no longer a dream...

IF YOU AINT METRO... YOU AINT SHIT!

HendersonNYC

HendersonNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
Yes...pastor's two games he planned on boycotting he would've never been there in the first place :cheers:

tilt215

tilt215

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Redbull NY, Jersey SkyBlue
May I suggest that we all go over to http://www.redbullsr...r.blogspot.com/ and post our thoughts in the comments section on last nights game?

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

How bout showing up at the practice field and berate them and then leave.

Is that something you just did or are going to do?

SmittyNNJ

SmittyNNJ

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic
how bout no streamers, no confetti, we start the game silent with our arms crossed. 2 minutes in, we erupt in a chants. The other thing these guys are taking for granted is they get NO criticism from the fans. We sing and chant for 90 plus minutes supporting them when getting drubbed by Chicago or tieing a game against New England. Not to compare sports, but if this was the Yankees, the boo birds would have surfaced by now (think Jack McDowell). Obviously we can be more creative, banners are ok, but a chant or two might be good too.

HendersonNYC

HendersonNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
Yeah...that's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm trying to show that the club's outlook of money money money needs to stop. I understand its a business and they need to make money....but they need to understand that we're part of that money. I mean they honestly don't think that their actual play on the field will bring fans into the game, no? I mean puh-lease. The full lineup vs Chivas and the future full line-up vs the Barca friendly shows they are just there for ticket sales. What they fail to realize or are disregarding is that we are one of the main elements that bring people to the game. Going in and protesting for 2 minutes isn't going to solve anything. Why? Cause its only going to show the players who don't care anywy that we're pissed off...what's that going to cause. The point I want to make is to show Red Bull what their crowd will look like with 101 sitting there....no drums, no horns, no chants. Heck...I might even get a hot dog and a couple beers and actually watch the game for the first time. Then that hits them where its the only thing they care about..money. They lose their atmosphere...they lose returning fans...they lose money.

And if this friendly doesn't matter let's see JCO start the same lineup for the Barca game then and rest our boys to the weekend games sandwiched around it.

Rapunzel

Rapunzel

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

how bout no streamers, no confetti, we start the game silent with our arms crossed. 2 minutes in, we erupt in a chants. The other thing these guys are taking for granted is they get NO criticism from the fans. We sing and chant for 90 plus minutes supporting them when getting drubbed by Chicago or tieing a game against New England. Not to compare sports, but if this was the Yankees, the boo birds would have surfaced by now (think Jack McDowell). Obviously we can be more creative, banners are ok, but a chant or two might be good too.

Do they listen to the lyrics of the chants though? I'm not knocking this idea, I'm really asking, I don't know how well they can hear on the field what exactly we're saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users