Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

http://www.goal.com/...be-adding-a-new

no thank you on Berbatov but if we could get Lampard i would be ok with that. we dont need Help up top. also if we did trade Rafa to Houston who would you like to see come to NY from Houston.

Ummm he was tied for Teves for Golden Boot last year and thats after being benched in favor of Chicharito in Late Jan/Early Feb. If he had started the whole season he would have been miles ahead of Tevez in the goal department.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT
If physicality is what we're looking for then we should sign Stephen lenhart or Nate jaqua. They are probably well under 100k and are definite areal threats.

I also think Bobby convey would be a good pickup for us as long as his salary isn't too high. I have no problem bringin him in off the bench, but Backe has a problem bringing anyone off the bench.

We should also hire Stevie nicol as backe's replacement.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

GK: Get another backup keeper, make Bouna #1, stop fucking with his confidence, get a real GK coach.

CB: Sign Gallego

RB: Widner St Cyr

R/LM: Giorgi Chirgadze

CM: get DeRo back

is gallego MLS ready? i think another season in college would be good for him

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Especially a year play a full season under Caleb Porter. He does the fall semester, then joins us in January 2013.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts
The title of this thread is wrong (not wrong, just the wrong philosophy). We've spent too much time grabbing random players whose skill sets are often redundant rather than additive to our team. We need to target more players who will make the whole better rather than constantly moving the pieces around to make them all fit after we acquire them, thereby negating any advantage. The fact that Tanio was picked for RB, but ends up CM, Solli at midfield, but then RB, our RM Dane as the sudden #3 striker, the ongoing argument over Joel as better inside or wide, Ballouchy as the #10 who ends up on the wing, Rafa from CM to CB to CM, etc..

Of course you always have to make the occaisional adjustment, but we make far too many.

Even in our drafted players, people argued constantly about where should Tchani play and I have read more than once the issue about where Kassel should fit in (too slow for here, not tough enough for there, etc..

The whole DeRo fiasco was partly connected to the fact that every time we bring in a new player we seem to have to rejigger half the lineup.

It worked with Rodgers because Backe knew what we needed and knew the player fit the desription. More often player pick ups have seemed more like flinging the proverbial sh... aganst the wall to see what sticks.

Maybe Hans has finally been hit in the head enough to figure it out.

We shall see said the blind man.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Febian Brandy

Add another munchkin to the guild.

Jamez973

Jamez973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Gambling, Personal Finance, Relaxing
  • Supports:Strippers & Red Bulls
Ream to West Brom...?
R.I.P. - Metromedia aka Metro

Gigi15

Gigi15

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Sure as hell not DC
John Borrajo is also an interesting prospect

Bkyoungboss

Bkyoungboss

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

I think........ Andrew Jean-Baptiste......... is ready he play's for U Conn 6'2 205 .... I think he is the best CB in college right now........... He is physical and great in the air ..... And he is NY Red Bulls property.............He is the reason U Conn has the best defensive team in college soccer.

http://www.uconnhusk...e_andrew00.html

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

I think........ Andrew Jean-Baptiste......... is ready he play's for U Conn 6'2 205 .... I think he is the best CB in college right now........... He is physical and great in the air ..... And he is NY Red Bulls property.............He is the reason U Conn has the best defensive team in college soccer.

u sure he's a HG of us?

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

thanks, Andrew.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur

What number shart dose he have going to the Big east games i will keep my eye out for him.

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur

Just sew the link god i love it when i miss read things anyway skip my post about the number.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Especially if he's going to have the same fate as the rest of our young guys. Better off being a featured player for one of the top college teams than playing a handful of reserve matches, two Open Cup games, and 10 minutes off the bench in the regular season.

Gigi15

Gigi15

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Sure as hell not DC
According to soler Nielson IS returning in 2012.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users