Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Jensen isnt going anywhere European window is closed

Then another MLS team ? Like Meara did a couple years ago. Only thing is finding a team willing to take an international Gk. Only way I can see it. If not we sticking with Coronel Jensen and Meara

LONG LIVE METRO

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Jensen isnt going anywhere European window is closed

The transfer window in Ethiopia and Ukraine runs through March so fingers crossed. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

We will find out which international players have guaranteed contracts or not.   I forget the rules when it comes who gets guaranteed contracts or not so you can waive players without cap ramifications.

The team though is also able to buyout one guaranteed  player per season without eating the cap charge. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

We will find out which international players have guaranteed contracts or not.   I forget the rules when it comes who gets guaranteed contracts or not so you can waive players without cap ramifications.

The team though is also able to buyout one guaranteed  player per season without eating the cap charge. 

The latter would be the solution. I just dont see having Meara as a backup being enough of a reason to commit 2 international spots to GK.

They currently have as many international GK as they have attackers (Fabio, Royer), and for a team losing their only DP attacker, regardless how his production is viewed, that seems like a massive oversight.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
For as inept as our front office is, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

We can technically loan Coronel or Jensen down to the USL team whenever to get minutes and bypass the international spot. Swap them back and forth as needed/deserved.

Have them get minutes with the USL team while the other starts MLS games/sits behind Meara. Let Luca Lewis serve as the spot starter at the USL level and give Marcucci time to adjust to the pro level

If any GK goes down with injury in MLS, we have trade bait that can likely bring in something we wouldn't get today.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users