169 replies to this topic

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

In your heart of hearts, do you think Sacha is nearly as good as he was the last two years?

I don't.  Bruce realized it with the national team (although hard to trust anything Bruce thinks now) and Marsch/Armas realized it.  It's the main reason we are playing the formation we are playing.

Sacha was just fine on the field. Only complaints were his persistent takings of free/corner kicks. They needed more creativity, but that's more on coaching than anything else. People jumped all over the guy midseason, saying he was struggling, but so was the entire team. Easy for defenders to surround him and cut of his passes when there were no other creative outlets to distribute to the scorers. It took Tyler Adams' development to help free up space for SK and have more room to move the ball around.

I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Sacha was just fine on the field. Only complaints were his persistent takings of free/corner kicks. They needed more creativity, but that's more on coaching than anything else. People jumped all over the guy midseason, saying he was struggling, but so was the entire team. Easy for defenders to surround him and cut of his passes when there were no other creative outlets to distribute to the scorers. It took Tyler Adams' development to help free up space for SK and have more room to move the ball around.

Sacha isn't athletic enough to be extremely successful in condense areas because he can't wiggle out of trouble 1 v 1 as well as he used to, but when we have effective wing play he is one of the best in the business.  that cannot be debated

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Trades are not won or lost in year 1.

True. Had many initially thought that the Dax for DeRo trade went DCs way?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts
  • Interests:Candy Crush
  • Supports:Los Red Bull de Nueva York

Ringo Starr for Pete Best was the best trade ever!

FC Metropolis 7 Gotham City FC 0

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Ringo Starr for Pete Best was the best trade ever!

No way! Pete was The Best!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts

It was a good trade for both sides. Dax helped Chicago get out of the crapper and we got our up and coming mids valuable experience so that they can fulfill their potential, plus we added depth (when are people going to acknowledge that it can take a year for players to integrate, New Yorkers have zero patience).

From what I have seen, the 4 things have most impacted us negatively this year have been in order of importance: 1) Injuries/poor depth at CB, 2) Royer's injury hurt our attack, 3) learning curve for Adams and Davis and 4) inconsistent wingback play with Kemar's long absence and before Adams got moved to that role on the right, therefore giving far too much time to the erratic Zizzo.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The only real loser in the trade was Dax because he had to leave her and play for the Fire.

Borats

Borats

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Trades are not won or lost in year 1 unless one of the teams wins a title immediately. Other than the 400k in allocation money spent of Murillo/Escobar/Keita (?), we got 500K in salary that we didn't have to pay to Dax AND Davis/Adams got a lot more playing time that would've gone to Dax.

Sure, in year 1, Chicago got their money's worth and improved a lot (pretty much inevitable from a ground zero start) and we didn't get better using our young assets but this development time will be useful for us down the road. In 3 years there will be no doubt we won this trade.

Mule,Zizzo, and other scrubs would not get much PT if Dax was here, not Adams. You can't win trade when you give up a top three player and get nothing back. Even if you say Davis needed to start and you love Mule/Zizzo getting so much PT this year instead of Dax (when we both know neither of these three players are as good as Dax, particularly later two scrubs), why not give up top three player for a definitive asset, like a good CB? No matter how you slice it, we've been had in this trade, by quite wide margin.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Mule,Zizzo, and other scrubs would not get much PT if Dax was here, not Adams. You can't win trade when you give up a top three player and get nothing back. Even if you say Davis needed to start and you love Mule/Zizzo getting so much PT this year instead of Dax (when we both know neither of these three players are as good as Dax, particularly later two scrubs), why not give up top three player for a definitive asset, like a good CB? No matter how you slice it, we've been had in this trade, by quite wide margin.

This makes zero sense. Muyl/Zizzo do not play Dax's position, come on. You're doubling down on a poor argument.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Dax sucks.  Maybe awesome ginger ninja on twitter, but on the field in playoffs always suck.  Good fucking riddance, to be honest.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The players that got minutes this season in a spot Dax could play were Felipe, Davis, and Adams.  Muyl got playing time over Veron.  Zizzo got playing time at RB early in the season over Murillo and then later out of a lack of options (injuries, call ups) at CB and wingback (and one horrendous misjudgment by Marsch in the Open Cup).

And. Marsch rates Felipe over Dax.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't get this Brent.  He was fantastic for them on Wednesday night.  We got jack shit in return for him.  We won the night, which was nice, but this is a stupid thread.

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dax sucks.  Maybe awesome ginger ninja on twitter, but on the field in playoffs always suck.  Good fucking riddance, to be honest.

You are pretty much alone in this opinion

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We play a different formation now.    With Dax and the old no-wingback formation, there was no way to get Adams and Davis on the field together, unless you wasted Adams in a traditional fullback spot (and dumped Murillo).     And with the new wingback formation, there's no way to get Dax and Felipe on the field together.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users