72 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Garber mentioned that we recently rejected a $5M bid for a player, which has to be Adams. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Garber mentioned that we recently rejected a $5M bid for a player, which has to be Adams. 

For sure. Lawrence is probably worth 1-3 million, and he's the only one that would be anywhere close. 

Twellman just said on twitter that we have Adams under contract until 2020. Doesnt mean he wont force his way out, but we could be patient and try to up the eventua fee while keeping him for 1-2  more years. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

As someone mentioned, there's simply no way whatsoever you can sell Adams until the rule changes regarding the allocation of home grown player transfer fees are settled. Selling now could cost the team millions in allocation money. 

I also think he has the potential for a season of MLS dominance ahead of him, which would bump the fee up significantly. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

For sure. Lawrence is probably worth 1-3 million, and he's the only one that would be anywhere close. 

Twellman just said on twitter that we have Adams under contract until 2020. Doesnt mean he wont force his way out, but we could be patient and try to up the eventua fee while keeping him for 1-2  more years. 

Which was about 5 minutes after both he and Brian Sciaretta suggested Adams could leave for free this summer. Wonder if RB offered him a new contract?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Yeah, was just about to post that mention by Twellman that Adams is under contract until 2020.  Good news for us.  Either means a great a player is staying for a decent amount of time or the team is getting a good chunk of money for selling him.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

Wow, apparently the 5 Mill offer was for Taxi.

Following up on this, I’m told Kemar Lawrence is the player unspecified earlier in Garber’s comments. Can’t confirm which club made the offer but my understanding is it came from English Championship. #RBNY

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Following up on this, I’m told Kemar Lawrence is the player unspecified earlier in Garber’s comments. Can’t confirm which club made the offer but my understanding is it came from English Championship. #RBNY

Taxi's not going to be happy about this.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,690 posts
  • Supports:Metro

For $5 Mill... I think you have to sell Taxi and bring in multiple reinforcements.

"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,047 posts

Whoa, I'm really surprised they didn't take that... Taxi has been outspoken about how he feels underpaid, and his market value is unlikely to increase much from here considering he's already shown as well as he can in MLS and CONCACAF. 

Taxi reportedly was offered a multi-year at the start of 2016, maybe RB thinks we can get one more year out of him before cashing in?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Love Taxi but if the $5M was for him, I say you take it.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Maybe it wasn't a club Taxi was interested in.  Could be he's looking to go to France or Germany.  English Championship is a tough league.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,791 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Wasn't there something then about Taxi not being able to get the visa he'd need, not having had enough Jamaican caps, or something like that?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,220 posts

We also don't know the details.  Like Jamaica's ranking is bad enough where he can't secure the work permit to go over there so maybe that's what it was about.

Prefer to just give Taxi a raise and keep him.  He's gotta be feeling better if he's getting something around 400k.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Nah.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We also don't know the details.  Like Jamaica's ranking is bad enough where he can't secure the work permit to go over there so maybe that's what it was about.

Prefer to just give Taxi a raise and keep him.  He's gotta be feeling better if he's getting something around 400k.

The selling team (or entity in this case, I guess) wouldn't decline a transfer because the buying entity wouldn't be able to secure the player a work permit. In that case, the transfer would be cancelled.

Given that, I think, most people here only valued Lawrence at $3 million max, you have to sell at $5 million. Lawrence isn't a homegrown. We're not getting the entirety of his transfer fee, even if they change the rules. It'd be tied for the second highest outgoing transfer fee and he's likely leaving when his contract is up anyway. Take the money and run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users