72 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Haven't there been rumblings about a change to how transfer fees are allocated to teams?  If so, maybe they're just waiting for a better cut later on.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I thought we could get 2-3 for the guy and was laughed at. Never could I imagine wed get 5 million for the Taxi. I understand that after the league takes their cut it isnt that much but Id say sell sell sell.

Maybe in lieu of the US not qualifying Red Bull knows something we dont about near future changes to the transfer rules.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Haven't there been rumblings about a change to how transfer fees are allocated to teams?  If so, maybe they're just waiting for a better cut later on.

This
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This

I thought that was just for homegrowns?

tariq13

tariq13

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, New York Red Bulls

It couldn't have been for Lawrence. I saw an article earlier this year that an offer for Lawrence was accepted and his British work permit was rejected. Him and Andre Blake had offers accepted from English teams but because of Jamaica's low World Ranking, they couldn't get a British work permit.

https://www.mlssocce...ias-andre-blake

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Dyer just put out this article that really makes it sound like Taxi's time is limited...  

https://www.metro.us...Tz7_BKI.twitter

Metro has learned that a Ligue 1 club in France could be preparing to make an offer with one club in particular potentially closing in on a deal after trailing the player the past few months.

Losing Taxi would hurt the team.  Lade can play the spot, but need another left back.  Obviously would open up an International spot.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Left back is one of the hardest positions to find a quality starter world wide. Lawrence is solid. Would be a big hole to fill.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Left back is one of the hardest positions to fill world wide. Lawrence is solid. Would be a big hole to fill.

Would even say Taxi is better than solid.

Definitely a loss if he goes.  Incoming money is good but doesn't mean much unless we turn it around quickly on other players.  Summer additions are almost always a waste for the current season.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Dyer just put out this article that really makes it sound like Taxi's time is limited...  

Metro has learned that a Ligue 1 club in France could be preparing to make an offer with one club in particular potentially closing in on a deal after trailing the player the past few months.

Losing Taxi would hurt the team.  Lade can play the spot, but need another left back.  Obviously would open up an International spot.

Oyongo is out of contract.  Montreal has an offer extended and I don't know what his feelings would be about coming back here after the way the trade to Montreal went down.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,989 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Oyongo and his agent wanted him to go to Europe, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,446 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Don't worry, we can always re-sign Zizzo.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Ya, I like Oyongo but he definitely wanted to leave MLS after that trade. Worst case we know we have Lade who can start and do a nice job at that position.  But we need someone at or above Lade's level to compete.

Hah... And no thanks on Zizzo.  Think he even sealed his fate in Marsch's eyes with that Open Cup blunder.  Even though the NYCFC game should have ended it earlier in the season.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I'm looking forward to our cut of the transfer from the league: a $25 gift card for Chipotle.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,774 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Is France less difficult that England?   

I like Taxi a lot, but I think LB isn't as difficult to replace as it used to be... of course, that would mean they'd have to actually spend whatever money they might  get for him

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Is France less difficult that England?   

I like Taxi a lot, but I think LB isn't as difficult to replace as it used to be... of course, that would mean they'd have to actually spend whatever money they might  get for him

France treats players from Cotonou Agreement countries as domestic players.  Jamaica is a signatory to that agreement, so there wouldn't be any serious red tape to cut through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users