Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Cotonou Agreement ...

https://en.m.wikiped...tonou_Agreement
http://www.e-comlaw....&txtsearch=role

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Is France less difficult that England?   

I like Taxi a lot, but I think LB isn't as difficult to replace as it used to be... of course, that would mean they'd have to actually spend whatever money they might  get for him

Taxi was arguably our best offensive player for the first half of the season, and definitely our best defender.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Taxi was arguably our best offensive player for the first half of the season, and definitely our best defender.

That says a lot about our team.  When your best player is your left back...  And in the second half our best player might have been our right wing back...

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Left back is one of the hardest positions to find a quality starter world wide. Lawrence is solid. Would be a big hole to fill.

He is more than solid. He is the best left back in the region. I hope we DP him and make him a focus of the team because it is well deserved.

If a team wants him they need to fork up 7 million. If not keep walking.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Don't worry, we can always re-sign Zizzo.

Ewwwww.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

My thought is that he wants out anyway.  If someone wants to pay 5M, take it as long as there's not a work permit issue.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,989 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I wonder which Ligue 1 team is after him.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

I wonder which Ligue 1 team is after him.

Nice and Bordeaux.

https://www.mlssocce...-kemar-lawrence

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

He is more than solid. He is the best left back in the region. I hope we DP him and make him a focus of the team because it is well deserved.

If a team wants him they need to fork up 7 million. If not keep walking.

Sooo, a DP left back... Not CAM or striker or CDM? I think fullbacks are undervalued (they get a lot of touches in the modern game), but show me the championship team, in any league, that has a fullback as one of its top three earners.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,043 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Sooo, a DP left back... Not CAM or striker or CDM? I think fullbacks are undervalued (they get a lot of touches in the modern game), but show me the championship team, in any league, that has a fullback as one of its top three earners.

TAM him then, not like we're using it otherwise and MLS takes that back if you don't.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

TAM him then, not like we're using it otherwise and MLS takes that back if you don't.

Definitley, but that may still put his salary below what a Ligue 1 team could offer.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,989 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They'll def use it, if they're gunning for the Romanian dude, they'll be getting another guy or two, hopefully in defense. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Oyongo is coming off a terrible knee injury. Who knows what kind of player he'll be after such a devastating injury.

As for within MLS left backs, Jordan Harvey from Vancouer is out of contract I think? 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
I would love to keep Kemar and don’t think we can match a Ligue 1 salary (as he deserves to get paid) so if we can sell for a lot do it.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

For $5 Mill... I think you have to sell Taxi and bring in multiple reinforcements.

we would sell him and never see adequate spending to get a real replacement, we would money for profit, most of it I would guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users