153 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

That link says that we get to keep them until May 28, so we should get 1 more game out of Murillo and Escobar

It also says "According to the club executives, that calculus will cause some, if not most, MLS teams to release their players on May 21," so I guess we still don't know.  My bad for not reading the whole thing though.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
We will most certainly be without Robles and Taxi. I would say Adams is unlikely, without hearing much word yet. Murillo and Escobar up in the air.

Even without out all 5, we should still beat a far inferior Philly team at home.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

without Robles and Taxi ... Adams ... Murillo and Escobar ... should still beat a far inferior Philly team at home.

Careful, now. We have lost three league matches, two with important players missing, and to the inferior Fire at home. The team was awesome against BoyCity & ATL, but we are vulnerable to bunker & counter strategies. There were lucky moments last night. Great saves & VAR kept us from being 4-0 down.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Curtin has to be on the hot seat. That team is just meh and has been for the last four years.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Curtin has to be on the hot seat. That team is just meh and has been for the last four years.

Shhh! He is a great coach!
Just like DCU skipper Ben Olsen!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, Curtin has to be in trouble.  We are going to be missing a bunch of guys for this game and I still don't think it will matter.  Assuming Murillo is out, I'd go with the 3-3-3-1 because it gets our best players on the field.  I think Muyl starts at RWB over Kutler.  

------------BWP------------

----Royer-Kaku-Valot

Lade------Davis-----Muyl

----Parker-Long-Collin

Meara

Thinking Robles has a sprained MCL with the way they are taking it week to week.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i'd be inclined to agree about 3-3-3-1, cuz at least we've seen Muyl at outside back a couple of times last season, against MNUFC last yr, he was slotted on the left side, iirc. Good call on that. Prob more seamless of a transition than say throwing Kutler out there in his 1st MLS start/minutes. 

Bench would be a "little thin", assuming that Rza still has the questionable hamstring and all the other injuries to Robles, Taxi and Adams, this could be the bench:

Louro Ndam Redding Beze Casseres Mines Etienne

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

My biggest fear this game with a 4 man back line is just having Lade and Kutler.  Lade has proven to be able to do it to a decent level, but having Lade AND Kutler as 2 of your 4 defenders gets me a little scared.  Plus Kutler is really, really good with the ball so having him as the RWB gets him farther up the field which might be good for him.

Other fear is this being a let-down game but fortunately we are at home.  Plus, the Supporter's Shield becomes a very real possibility again.  And with that, a shot at the CCL because I believe this year they are taking an average of last year's records and this year's  We have to be pretty close to the top of that, even with last year not being our best year.  Think Atlanta will be our biggest competition with that.  Don't think CBus can keep it up.  And now it looks like Hartford will lose their coach so that should hurt them too.  Toronto I think took too long to get going.    The west is a dumpster fire so I do worry about KC just getting points because of that.  So many easy wins over there.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Careful, now. We have lost three league matches, two with important players missing, and to the inferior Fire at home. The team was awesome against BoyCity & ATL, but we are vulnerable to bunker & counter strategies. There were lucky moments last night. Great saves & VAR kept us from being 4-0 down.

Hence why I said "should" and not "will". 

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I understand the lack of confidence in Lade for 90. But generally speaking, Lade has been a HUGE asset for this team (Irony intended), and at low cost. Lets build him a statue, on a tall platform so the kids can see.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I understand the lack of confidence in Lade for 90. But generally speaking, Lade has been a HUGE asset for this team (Irony intended), and at low cost. Lets build him a statue, on a tall platform so the kids can see.

Do agree, actually think Taxi being so good is what lowers Lade in a lot of people's minds.  At least mine anyway.  Lade is not bad, perfect depth guy who is great in the locker room and plays the system perfectly.  Just going from Taxi and now Murillo to Lade and Kutler and things look a lot different.   

That said, going from Atlanta to Philly is a lot different.  Unfortunately RSL kind of gave Philly a running start coming into our game.  

#RBNY Update On Kemar Lawrence ... All tests at hospital were negative. Kemar is traveling home this afternoon along with the athletic trainer that stayed with him. He is upbeat and in good spirits. @NewYorkRedBulls @fox5ny

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Lade is great backup fullback, for sure.  He does pick up a lot of knocks, so it's not great to have to rely on him for a bunch weeks in a row.  Sounds like Kemar is going to be okay, so Lade may only have to play the couple games.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Lade (and Muyl) is the perfect example of the kind of player you want the academy to produce every year. Players like Tyler Adams are great but not regularly repeatable. Players like Lade provide solid depth to a squad and, when they're trained in a regular system for years, are able to neatly slot in to the first team when required.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Hence why I said "should" and not "will". 

You also said without out, but I am not picky!

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

While I am perfectly okay with Rza or Bezecourt starting next to Davis next week, I think I would prefer to slide Valot back and give Etienne a start at right winger.  I think he's been our best non-starter the last month or so. Would like him rewarded with a start than the other alternatives.  That being said all the alternatives are solid, so nothing worth losing sleep about.

I'd like to see Etienne have a chance to start and have more opportunities to run at a shaky back line like Philly but if Murillo is not good to go, I think we'll see Valot on the right as he'll be more capable of helping defensively for Kutler or whoever else will be shifted to right back. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users