juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
NYTimes article here: http://www.nytimes.c...r/13vecsey.html

wtf? I guess it's 'positive'? but it has a weird context... saying things like "only" 19k showed up for Wed's game... 19k on a Wed should be impressive, whats with the "only"?

It's higher than our average thus far.. it's higher than the league's thus far.... what do you think average NHL attendance is on Wed nights? Just don't like the tone of the article.

And here's an Henry interview.. thought it was interesting that he sees himself as responsible for connecting the midfield to Angel....CAM please?

source: http://www.soccerame...re-amazing.html

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Very nice compliments on the South Ward and on Tim Ream for that matter.

Just another sign that shows how pivotal WE (as supporters) play in the role of a game.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
Posted Image

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

SteveB2

SteveB2

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Supports:Metro/RBNY

Very nice compliments on the South Ward and on Tim Ream for that matter.

Just another sign that shows how pivotal WE (as supporters) play in the role of a game.

+1
And a nice compliment for Carlos as well.

G Wiz

G Wiz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT

Is it frustrating that you haven’t score yet in three MLS games?
TH: I’ve set up all three goals, so it doesn’t bother me.

What an inane question. RB should pay him extra for having to suffer through interviews with dopey American sportswriters.

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D
Read the last two sentences of Vescey's article. Was he drunk? It sounds like a 6th grader wrote it. The NY Times has a weak sports section.

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Good post on WSJ:

http://online.wsj.co...WORDS=red bulls

Cheers

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
at least we outdraw the wnba

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,451 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Good post on WSJ:

http://online.wsj.co...WORDS=red bulls

Cheers

Superimportant quote from Soler:

Mr. Soler said that American players will eventually be the foundation for the team, though for now with the academy in its infancy, he values European experience more, and is skeptical of how three-month NCAA seasons prepare a player for 10-month MLS seasons.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Superimportant quote from Soler:

so you mean we develop the players... and then we use them?

whoa whoa whoa, slow your roll soler, this is the mls and that may be too intelligent of a strategy

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I don't see the values of the draft either... not like Tim Ream will ever be an integral part of this team. Or Tony Tchani for that matter.

As an aside, the academy will begin to bear its fruit as soon as Agudelo sees his first league minutes. The trade of Tchani and the recent quotes from Backe indicate that he's on the cusp for league minutes.

Agudelo will be the first in what we all hope will become a golden pipeline of academy developed products plying their trade for their local soccer team.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

wtf? I guess it's 'positive'? but it has a weird context... saying things like "only" 19k showed up for Wed's game... 19k on a Wed should be impressive, whats with the "only"?

It's higher than our average thus far.. it's higher than the league's thus far.... what do you think average NHL attendance is on Wed nights? Just don't like the tone of the article.

We are a pro sports team with 16 regular season home games a year. If you want to see live soccer and live in the tri-state, we are pretty much the only option. We have Juan Pablo Angel, Thierry Henry, and Rafa Marquez on our team, which is the most expensive in league history. We play in a ridiculously nice, expensive new Arena. To me, "only 19k" sounds about right.

Regardless of this teams muddled history and its (debatably, but lets not do that here) embarrassing name, the fact that RBA has never actually been full isnt exactly impressive.

Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

I don't see the values of the draft either... not like Tim Ream will ever be an integral part of this team. Or Tony Tchani for that matter.

The point is they could with the proper education have been where they are today three-four years earlier in their career.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

We are a pro sports team with 16 regular season home games a year. If you want to see live soccer and live in the tri-state, we are pretty much the only option. We have Juan Pablo Angel, Thierry Henry, and Rafa Marquez on our team, which is the most expensive in league history. We play in a ridiculously nice, expensive new Arena. To me, "only 19k" sounds about right.

Regardless of this teams muddled history and its (debatably, but lets not do that here) embarrassing name, the fact that RBA has never actually been full isnt exactly impressive.

Everyone knows the attendance needs to be better. But it's not magically going to happen overnight.

19k on a weeknight is good attendance for lots of teams. I want to sell out every game, dont assume my expectations are lowered.. but it takes time and for now, we should be able to acknowledge that we have experienced an improvement.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,303 posts
  • Supports:Metros

The point is they could with the proper education have been where they are today three-four years earlier in their career.

So because of that, we should disregard the draft all-together?

"I'm sorry, I know you're a very solid player who could contribute to our success as a soccer team. But you're 23, and under ideal circumstances, you'd have been this good at 20. Sure, because of the US system you had no access to these ideal circumstances, and sure, you're better than anyone else we have for the spot. But we have no interest in acquiring your services at this time."

I'm still waiting for you to make your first good post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users