205 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
We need to beat Toronto. If we're as good as we think we are.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
CtL has an article up on the remaining MLS strength of schedule.

http://usasoccer.blogspot.com/

RBNY have the toughest in the league by a fairly decent margin.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

CtL has an article up on the remaining MLS strength of schedule.

http://usasoccer.blogspot.com/

RBNY have the toughest in the league by a fairly decent margin.

Just want to say that I love that site.

Apparently we have 5 SuperDraft Picks next year, and Tchani is unlikely to graduate GenAd.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Apparently we have 5 SuperDraft Picks next year, and Tchani is unlikely to graduate GenAd.

are you sure?

bc remember how Hall has "graduated" from GenAd at the beginning of this season with about a half as many minutes as Frei did with Toronto but somehow he is still GenAd

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

are you sure?

bc remember how Hall has "graduated" from GenAd at the beginning of this season with about a half as many minutes as Frei did with Toronto but somehow he is still GenAd

No, I'm not sure. "Unlikely" doesn't mean impossible. For example if he starts all the games from now on and plays 90 in each he will probably have enough minutes.

Also, this decision is somewhat random, so MLS will probably take away a GA from us and give it to Dallas or something.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Didn't see anyone mention this, but DeGuzman is out on yellow card suspension.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I'd be satisfied with a draw given their form at home.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Yeah, they are undefeated there and only two of their home wins had a margin of victory of more than 1 goal. And those victories were against Seattle and Chicago, both early in the season.

It should be a close/tight game. With DeGuzman out, that should be better for us.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It should be a close/tight game. With DeGuzman out, that should be better for us.

Look for Angel to play 90 minutes without fear now.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan

I'd be satisfied with a draw given their form at home.

this is what we need to get away from , being satisfied with Mediocre and OK performances, if we as fans keep this up we will never be a top team. Added pressure makes players better and play with more intensity and added will to win. We can be cutting them slack year after year, especially with three DPS. Its Win or be pissed days. NO DRAW fuck TORONTO I want a big W.
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

RBNY 4 LIFE

RBNY 4 LIFE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea

this is what we need to get away from , being satisfied with Mediocre and OK performances, if we as fans keep this up we will never be a top team. Added pressure makes players better and play with more intensity and added will to win. We can be cutting them slack year after year, especially with three DPS. Its Win or be pissed days. NO DRAW fuck TORONTO I want a big W.

I hate to tell you, but our 'pressure' on the team has nothing to do with them getting results. This isnt the military. That stuff comes from within the players/coaches/organization. Have you read these boards? Nothing but the most critical fans out there, yet we have no cup...so there you go. You can cheer all you want and expect greatness for an away game....its not gonna change the end result.

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan

I hate to tell you, but our 'pressure' on the team has nothing to do with them getting results. This isnt the military. That stuff comes from within the players/coaches/organization. Have you read these boards? Nothing but the most critical fans out there, yet we have no cup...so there you go. You can cheer all you want and expect greatness for an away game....its not gonna change the end result.

Their is a difference between the pressure that comes from being critical and the pressure that comes from expectancy. if no one expects you to win why bother giving your all ? Thats why for years our players have been half assing it . In a high pressure environment players put their best foot forward .
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
If you read some of the things players have said recently, there is added pressure. They feel anything less than 3 points is a disappointment.

I want 3 points. We are better than Toronto. Let's win there.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

he didn't say he'd be satisfied with a mediocre performance. he said he's be satisfied with a draw, which would be considered a good result in a stadium where their home record is 6-0-4. a mediocre performance there will cost us all three points.. plus, a draw will give us the upper hand in head-to-head if it ever came to that come the end of the season. 4 pts to their 1 pt in the home and away series is respectable and good enough for me.
if he were to say he'd be satisfied with a draw at home vs sj in two weeks, then i'd absolutely agree with you.
that said, i think we pull off a win this weekend. 2-1.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Interests:" I love me some me" - Terrell Owens
  • Supports:RedBull New York

Their is a difference between being The pressure that comes from being critical and the pressure that comes from expectancy. if no one expects you to win why bother giving your all ? Thats why for years our players have been half assing, in a high pressure environment players put their best foot forward .

Because being employed is awesome.
You just set off the Useless Sports Cliche Alarm, sir.

This is MLS, where half the players make less than their fans (slight hyperbole). A regular paycheck and the chance to live out your childhood dream of being a pro is more motivation than any song we could sing in the South Ward. "...but the rich foreigners...", you say? Fah! If you're good enough to get paid that kind of cash, then you're already a motivated self-starter. Its in your DNA.

Yes, every rule has exceptions, so I'm sure you could single-item some examples to the contrary, but the percentage will be tiny. What fans provide is in-the-moment boost of adrenaline type stuff, not motivation to wake up early, eat right, practice hard, learn the game, play with heart, blabbitty blah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users