77 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
No better time than the present to get a road trip discussion going.

As this is a different animal than Philly / DC (one day bus trip), wanted to get the wheels in gear.

Bus - $124 roundtrip. Different times via Greyhound
Train - $140 roundtrip / $126 w/ AAA discount. Leave NY Friday 815 AM. Arrive after 7 PM. Leave Montreal Sunday 930 AM. Arrive back in NY after 8 PM on Sunday.
Air - Flights are roughly $400 Roundtrip with a stopover in Toronto (Porter Air)
Car - Always an option and is roughly a 7 hour drive to Montreal from Red Bull Arena
Hotel - Plenty to choose from downtown. Not the cheapest place in the world, but there are many options.
In City Transport - Montreal has a great subway system and Olympic Stadium (where the game is being played) is located on the subway line. Many other things (eateries, bars, other late night establishments, are easily accessible either walking or by subway).
Tickets - ???

Game is at 730 PM Saturday, so plenty of time to get up there if you can't make it up by Friday night.

I'm excited for this trip, been waiting 3 years for it. One of the truly great cities in North America. Pleasure getting into some debauchery with the lot of you that weekend.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
They are bringing 200+ on sat it would be nice if we could match it...

Also one thing to note make sure passports are up to date.

Vinny

Vinny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, LosTicos by Marriage

They are bringing 200+ on sat it would be nice if we could match it...

Something else to think about:

http://www.tripadvis...onvictions.html
Wasting away on another forum, oh joy!

MetroTard

MetroTard

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,233 posts
  • Supports:Eric D
$200 for poutine.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

$200 for poutine.

Best.Poutine.Ever.

I know some are only making the second trip up there which will be in their own stadium. First game (in May) as at the old Olympic Stadium. Should be good either way. Going to be a fun weekend out.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Best.Poutine.Ever.

I know some are only making the second trip up there which will be in their own stadium. First game (in May) as at the old Olympic Stadium. Should be good either way. Going to be a fun weekend out.

Sooo is there an "official" trip for the later game? I want to go to Montreal, but I can only muster one trip.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Sooo is there an "official" trip for the later game? I want to go to Montreal, but I can only muster on trip.

There will be a contingent at both games. Not sure how many will do both though.

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT
As an added option. I might be organizing a passenger van for the weekend. Our 2010 Toronto trip ran us about 125 per person for the 4 day rental, gas, and tolls. It's also worth noting that we took a very roundabout route that included wings in Buffalo and a day of touristy shit at Niagara Falls. We'd most likely be looking at around $80-120 per person depending on how full we're able to pack the van.

Anyone interested, shoot me a PM. We can (comfortably) seat about 9-10 people in the 12 passenger van or 11-12 in the 15 passenger. We would be leaving on Friday night around 6-7pm and returning on Sunday around that time. If RBNY allows (and I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't), we can depart and return from RBNY. If not, I have permission to use my office parking lot near the Garden State Plaza.
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA

Something else to think about:

http://www.tripadvis...onvictions.html

Is there a way to get permission to enter canada before driving up to the border because I'd hate to be denied entry because of something in my record 5+ years ago :unsure:

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT

Is there a way to get permission to enter canada before driving up to the border because I'd hate to be denied entry because of something in my record 5+ years ago :unsure:

IIRC you can request a waiver but there's an additional fee of $200 or so.
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

Will the enhanced drivers licence from NYS work on the train? Or is that just for a bus or car?

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

$200 for poutine.

New York boys we are here. Fuck your women, eat you poutine

metro87

metro87

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Tennis
  • Supports:RBNY, USA
My GF and I will be there on vacation and we would love to sit with you guys. Please keep me in the loop if we're going to get group tix like we did for Philly last year!!!!

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
very intrested

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Will the enhanced drivers licence from NYS work on the train? Or is that just for a bus or car?

Passport is required now for all people entering / leaving Canada. Believe the rule changed sometime about a year ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users