#1 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

I read Plaschke's article on his CL viewing experience at Lucky Baldwin's.

His findings were so mind-numbingly dead on. I'm giving up on MLS.

And why do you people even post in here?

Nobody cares about these inferior MLS clubs anyway.

Did you know that according to Plaschke no Galaxy jerseys were spotted at Lucky B's during the CL final? But I'm sure he saw plenty of Independiente or Kashima Antlers shirts. Or 10-20 Lecce or Real Sociedad jerseys. I mean, those guys play in the biggest leagues in Europe, right.

It's a dead horse, I know. But fuck those fucking eurosnobs. It's no damn different than Red Wings fans filling Staples or Red Sox fans at Angel Stadium. Just a bigger scale. If it's that fucking horrible here, go the fuck home you cretinous pieces of shit.

#2 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Did you know that according to Plaschke no Galaxy jerseys were spotted at Lucky B's during the CL final?

He must not have looked very hard. I saw 2 Galaxy jerseys at Lucky Baldwins and one USMNT jersey. I think that's pretty good since neither team was playing.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#3 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

He kept calling it futbol talking about Europeans. That was cute.

He said in the beginning of it that he was ignorant. We should invite him to a game.

#4 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

Plaschke has a standing invitation as of this morning. Feel free to remind him of it.

That is all.

#5 JbzTV

JbzTV

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, LFC

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

Quote from Lucky B's GM.

"The only time we even show a Galaxy game is if somebody asks, and that's not often," says Aslett. "People who know soccer laugh at the quality of that league."

Well there's somewhere I won't be going anytime soon.

#6 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

I read Plaschke's article on his CL viewing experience at Lucky Baldwin's.

sophisticated lovers

Haha

Some of the most clueless, ignorant, and embarassingly soccer stupid people I've met claimed to be Man United "fans."
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#7 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

Ah Eurosnobs, fuck those guys.

Let's Eat!

#8 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Quote from Lucky B's GM.

I was about to ask, wasn't that the spot LARS used to hit all the time during the Rose Bowl days?

If so, that's pretty fucking sad. One of you locals ought to remind him, or at least say something.

#9 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Quote from Lucky B's GM.

Yeah, me too. Too bad, they have good beer and are near a lot of stuff I like.

I was at the Olde Ship in Santa Ana for the G's-N.E. game, having given up on getting in for the CL final that morning (good thing, too, as I guess there was a brawl or something). The manager, a lady from Bolton who supports Bolton Wanderers and also follows Barcelona, got into a conversation with me that touched on MLS vs. the rest of the world. At one point, she said, "You know … it's not as good, right? But I love the Galaxy!" My reply was, as always, it may not be as big, rich, or visible as the Premiership, maybe, but our local team is our local team. Cheer for the team from your town, whose games you can go to, etc., etc.

Robert, I've often thought that about teams like Lecce, Real Sociedad, etc — hell, there are tons of teams all over the world with great support and worse players than L.A., but no one questions their fans. People just mistake "old" or "European" for "authentic" or "worthy," and that's garbage.

(EDIT TO CLARIFY: The manager's an awesome lady and her comments were made a couple hours after watching a Barcelona performance that sportswriters are still having fainting spells over and calling evidence of maybe the greatest team in the history of club soccer, etc., etc., which would make anything look second-rate in comparison. In context, I take her remark as, "Wait -- you come for THIS and not for THAT? OK, but you do know what you missed, right?" I wasn't at all implying that I found her similarly snobby or condescending or insulting, just kinda saying that even in the attitudes of the respectful and supportive I sometimes detect some space between "MLS" and "other.")

#10 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

People just mistake "old" or "European" for "authentic" or "worthy," and that's garbage.

This.
I think this is the way a lot of non MLS following public feel.
And yes, it is total garbage.

Let's Eat!

#11 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

My reply was, as always, it may not be as big, rich, or visible as the Premiership, maybe, but our local team is our local team. Cheer for the team from your town, whose games you can go to, etc., etc.

Precisely.

There are a couple hundred other domestic associations around the world that are as "bad" or worse than MLS. And the "superior" Euro clubs (from the best to the worst of the worst) that partially stock their rosters with players found in those supposedly inferior outposts also come to MLS looking for talent. All the poo-pooing arguments of the snobs just don't fly.

Using the Lecce/Sociedad example, how many of the snobs who tout Euro football would turn out for a US exhibition of those two clubs? I mean, that's European football... the best there is. I'd bet true Lecce supporters would but the snobs wouldn't give it a sniff. They'd say, "Oh those guys? I won't pay to watch that."

If someone wants to be a snob, be a snob. Just don't try to justify it.

#12 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Precisely.

I just thought of the one example that I will make an exception for, for myself: if Chivas move to the Pomona Fairgrounds, as I've heard they might do, that would make them my local team. But that would just feel so wrong I'd consider moving to Long Beach or the South Bay out of pure spite.

#13 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

I just thought of the one example that I will make an exception for, for myself: if Chivas move to the Pomona Fairgrounds, as I've heard they might do, that would make them my local team. But that would just feel so wrong I'd consider moving to Long Beach or the South Bay out of pure spite.

Once passion for a local team takes hold, circumstances can change but the passion for that team (if it moves or if you move or if others move closer) doesn't. If anything, it's the exception that proves the rule.

#14 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

Precisely.

There are a couple hundred other domestic associations around the world that are as "bad" or worse than MLS. And the "superior" Euro clubs (from the best to the worst of the worst) that partially stock their rosters with players found in those supposedly inferior outposts also come to MLS looking for talent. All the poo-pooing arguments of the snobs just don't fly.

Using the Lecce/Sociedad example, how many of the snobs who tout Euro football would turn out for a US exhibition of those two clubs? I mean, that's European football... the best there is. I'd bet true Lecce supporters would but the snobs wouldn't give it a sniff. They'd say, "Oh those guys? I won't pay to watch that."

If someone wants to be a snob, be a snob. Just don't try to justify it.

It would be interesting to have the bottom 6 teams from MLS play the bottom 6 from EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, etc. Leaving out the expansion teams, I'm not sure there would be much between the teams (except the Kids of course). We'll never know but watching a few Euro games, and watching LD shred Man U, Man City, Arsenal, etc., I honestly think MLS teams could hold their own. So is MLS that bad, or is it that Euro teams collect all the best players in a few teams instead of spreading them out?
:unsure:

#15 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Quote from LB's GM:

"The only time we even show a Galaxy game is if somebody asks, and that's not often," says Aslett. "People who know soccer laugh at the quality of that league."

You know, I tried multiple times to get them to be a Galaxy bar, and have viewing parties there, but all they'd ever tell me is, well if you get here and nobody objects to you changing the channel, you can watch it.

Fucking cunts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users