432 replies to this topic

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

What the hell does science have to do with the fact that the entire economy of the city of Buffalo is based on medical care with demand being driven by people from another country right across the Niagara River?

That would require you understand what science is I guess - I'm looking for an actual study that was conducted that supports your claims. Can you link to any reference where someone has data that states this?

I tried hard to find it for you, but the best I could do is this NYT article which is about rich ass people coming for experimental treatment or opoids they cant get in their home countries for palliative care. This references the same 2015 study from the other article I linked which seems to be the only science there is on this. 

Out of the total 100k foreigners a year getting medical care, I am highly dubious that your anecdote is accurate., 

Also maybe you should try to update the Buffalo economy wiki page to represent your made up facts? 

Here I did even more homework for you - here's this dumbass article written by a xenophobe talking about a mere 1,000 Canadians going to Buffalo Niagra hospital. Then here's evidence that shows this hospital sees 1.5 million patients a year....  that is an astronomically low number of patients from Canada. It is not floating the Buffalo economy, that is a ridiculous thing to believe and you are not a credible person. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

How about replying to the comments?

Sorry, I edited right after posting and have done so since 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

What country was?
https://www.google.c...-aren-t-so-sure

South Korea

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

That would require you understand what science is I guess - I'm looking for an actual study that was conducted that supports your claims. Can you link to any reference where someone has data that states this?

I tried hard to find it for you, but the best I could do is this NYT article which is about rich ass people coming for experimental treatment or opoids they cant get in their home countries for palliative care. This references the same 2015 study from the other article I linked which seems to be the only science there is on this. 

Out of the total 100k foreigners a year getting medical care, I am highly dubious that your anecdote is accurate., 

Also maybe you should try to update the Buffalo economy wiki page to represent your made up facts? 

Here I did even more homework for you - here's this dumbass article written by a xenophobe talking about a mere 1,000 Canadians going to Buffalo Niagra hospital. Then here's evidence that shows this hospital sees 1.5 million patients a year....  that is an astronomically low number of patients from Canada. It is not floating the Buffalo economy, that is a ridiculous thing to believe and you are not a credible person. 

Maybe saying the entire economy is based on Canadians coming to WNY is an overstatement but have you considered the fact that as many people as the "Xenopobic" (which like all of these various political "phobias" is a mental illness whose only symptom is being accused of suffering from it) article suggest come over for medical care here rather than use the "free" healthcare system in their own country say something about the quality of that "free" healthcare? If people want to argue the current system isn't a utopia and that there is a lot that can be fixed then that is perfectly reasonable, but in terms of quality of care (particularly for very serious stuff) this is about as good as you can find. And as just one final overall statement I think anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of economics understands that the high costs are directly related to the system being based on a third party paying for it (this is also why college costs keep skyrocketing but that's another discussion).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Outreach should have been made by SOMEONE.

Cant dump the whole thing on Trump. Can certainly dump a LOT of things on him, but failed leadership over decades has led to this as well.

Yeah I don't get all the Trump hate, other than the usual bitter and insecure left-wing crybabies acting like they always do in trying to find something to blame him for.

No country has handled the outbreak successfully. If Obama or Bush were still president, or even if Hillary was president, they would have fucked up too like everyone else around the world. Bernie Sanders and Biden wouldn't have been able to fully contain it early either.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah I don't get all the Trump hate, other than the usual bitter and insecure left-wing crybabies acting like they always do in trying to find something to blame him for.

No country has handled the outbreak successfully. If Obama or Bush were still president, or even if Hillary was president, they would have fucked up too like everyone else around the world. Bernie Sanders and Biden wouldn't have been able to fully contain it early either.

Trump really fucked this up. Lots of other people could have handled this shit sandwich better. Maybe put some jelly on it.

Listen to what scientist say. Take immediate action. Already better.

BUT prior leadership and the leadership around him didnt do enough either. Its a total failure.

Live and learn. But probably not. Learn I mean. I think people will live.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

He called it a hoax three weeks ago. He dismantled the pandemic preparedness office two years ago. He has advocated for cutting the CDC budget for years.

How has Trump NOT completely fucked up, both in years prior and in his response?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

The volume of people blaming him for things will decrease when he stops creating reasons to be blamed. If you want your president to behave like a complete and utter buffoon every time he opens his mouth or picks up his phone, deal with the consequences. He called this a hoax 3 weeks ago. Enough with the attempts at drawing false equivalencies. Nobody behaves like this. You don't get a free pass for "nobody would handle this any better" when you come out of the gate with that type of bullshit. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

The other countries were the first ones to be hit. We had the luxury of learning from China, Japan, South Korea, & Italy. We chose not to.

Also, in 2018 the Trump administration DISBANDED a pandemic team within the NSC days after the group met to discuss the Spanish Flu of 1918 and what measures they should take to protect us from a similar pandemic in the future, which they thought was an inevitability.

So, thats why, even moderates like myself, wish we had someone that wasnt a TV personality, multiple bankrupt filing, egomaniac in charge. But sure, lets blame it on the left. Lets blame on the party whose President installed a Pandemic team and give a a pass to the guy that disbanded it.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

The other countries were the first ones to be hit. We had the luxury of learning from China, Japan, South Korea, & Italy. We chose not to.

Also, in 2018 the Trump administration DISBANDED a pandemic team within the NSC days after the group met to discuss the Spanish Flu of 1918 and what measures they should take to protect us from a similar pandemic in the future, which they thought was an inevitability.

So, thats why, even moderates like myself, wish we had someone that wasnt a TV personality, multiple bankrupt filing, egomaniac in charge. But sure, lets blame it on the left. Lets blame on the party whose President installed a Pandemic team and give a a pass to the guy that disbanded it.

Who is blaming it on the left?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

"What a disgraceful job by Cuomo, Murphy, and Lamont" - Grelladinho, this entire thread

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

The volume of people blaming him for things will decrease when he stops creating reasons to be blamed. If you want your president to behave like a complete and utter buffoon every time he opens his mouth or picks up his phone, deal with the consequences. He called this a hoax 3 weeks ago. Enough with the attempts at drawing false equivalencies. Nobody behaves like this. You don't get a free pass for "nobody would handle this any better" when you come out of the gate with that type of bullshit. 

Ok, we get it. You're unhinged in your hatred of Trump and nothing is going to convince you otherwise that it's not all his fault.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

"What a disgraceful job by Cuomo, Murphy, and Lamont" - Grelladinho, this entire thread

I'm blaming their trigger-happy reactions, not for who is to blame for the virus spreading.

The coronavirus as of now only has a 1.3% mortality rate in the U.S. That means it's currently non-fatal for 98.7% of the people that contract it. And that doesn't even include the supposed thousands of additional untested patients.

But yeah, let's close everything and fire hundreds of thousands of workers.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Ok, we get it. You're unhinged in your hatred of Trump and nothing is going to convince you otherwise that it's not all his fault.

It's not all his fault, but he's not blameless, as you claim. I don't see things in black or white, one extreme or the other, like you do, so I have the ability to have a nuanced view. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

You were blaming the Left for blaming Trump. And, youre blaming the Left for the quarantine (although Trump is suggesting it as well if not making it law). Apologies, for insisting you were blaming the Left for anything else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users