34 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

at this point im assuming we cant go for another DP until Kaku situation is resolved.  I think we will get another DP in the summer at this point. 

Why?  We need a DP with or without Kaku.  If he leaves, that just opens up one more spot and the money to go with it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

How do you know they dont have a plan B or C? You have insider information that we arent privy to?

If we've made other offers, we would know.  What are they waiting for?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

my view is at that time they were assuming Kaku would get sold in Jan.  Now they have a drawn out legal case on their hands.  The cynical person in me thinks Haksa deal fell apart when they realized they wouldnt get the Kaku money this window.  Otherwise its strange for Dyer to get leak that the deal is close, and then it falls apart over $1mm.  Thats sketchy. 

I still have an unsupported feeling that the Haksa deal might not be done... seems like Haksa would have a better shot at a top 5 league through RB network than his current spot. No one else picked him up, so it seems that RB might have had their cost assessment correct.

I really want Haksa here, but I don't put this as them being cheap (or waiting on a transfer), but rather them being shrewd.      

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Why?  We need a DP with or without Kaku.  If he leaves, that just opens up one more spot and the money to go with it.

because Kaku at minimum was bringing the club $3mm and now we may get 0.  i would think that materially impacts the transfer budget for a team that usually spends what they receive.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

because Kaku at minimum was bringing the club $3mm and now we may get 0.  i would think that materially impacts the transfer budget for a team that usually spends what they receive.

As long as RB thinks Kaku's claim has no standing (which sounds like they do), then not bringing a player in would be cutting off their nose to spite their face. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

But he wasn't for sale.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

esp76

esp76

New Signing

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Barca
Kaku leaving if anything will make the team look for a replacement for him. They already were pursuing attacking options when he was still in the team plans.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

If we've made other offers, we would know.  What are they waiting for?

Dont agree with this at all. As annoying and boring as it makes most days in the off-season, we hear almost no rumors. Most of the guys weve signed this off-season, rumors only swirled a day or so before the deal was done or usually there were no rumors at all.

esp76

esp76

New Signing

• Pip
  • 22 posts
Did you know about the Fabio move?

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona
I think Scouse is talking about DP level signings, if we're going to drop a few mil then I agree odds are good it'll kick up the rumor mill like it did with Haksabonivic

esp76

esp76

New Signing

• Pip
  • 22 posts
The Fabio move was a big move as top flight Brazilian clubs were after him and we didnt hear about it until it happened.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

But he wasn't for sale.   

As of Jan 20, Oeste was negotiating with a Brazilian club to take Fabio link

Then on Jan 23rd Dyer says Haksa talks are dead link

Then we swoop in to sign Fabio that week

Honestly i think they knew we need some attacking help and when Haksa fell through got Fabio as a cheaper alternative that allows them to reassess what we will do in the summer based on our budget.  They are not the same player but both help the attack nonetheless.    I hope I'm wrong though. 

Half of the people here scream from the rooftops that RB is cheap, so i'm surprised so many think RB is above doing this if they perceive the risk of losing a 3-6mm asset for free.

esp76

esp76

New Signing

• Pip
  • 22 posts

As of Jan 20, Oeste was negotiating with a Brazilian club to take Fabio link

Then on Jan 23rd Dyer says Haksa talks are dead link

Then we swoop in to sign Fabio that week

Honestly i think they knew we need some attacking help and when Haksa fell through got Fabio as a cheaper alternative that allows them to reassess what we will do in the summer based on our budget.  They are not the same player but both help the attack nonetheless.    I hope I'm wrong though. 

Half of the people here scream from the rooftops that RB is cheap, so i'm surprised so many think RB is above doing this if they perceive the risk of losing a 3-6mm asset for free.

The Haksa and Fábio move have nothing to do with the other, the players play completely different positions.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts

The Haksa and Fábio move have nothing to do with the other, the players play completely different positions.

if our base formation is 4-1-2-1-2 they play the same position (forward), just different styles.  Clark is our 10.  but moving on from the dead horse. We will see what happens.

esp76

esp76

New Signing

• Pip
  • 22 posts

if our base formation is 4-1-2-1-2 they play the same position (forward), just different styles.  Clark is our 10.  but moving on from the dead horse. We will see what happens.

No they dont, Fábio is center forward. Haksa was not coming to play center forward, he has never played that position. Dont know where you got that from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users