#31 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

The super softs from Friday were crumbling apart during practice. The camera zooming in would show how much of the compound had fallen off. I like rain racing Anthony, it makes for more exciting racing and strategy.

I do enjoy racing in the rain, however I think dry conditions are a little more exciting. If it is going to rain, I'd prefer to see it start as dry, rain in the middle or end of the race. That shows how well the teams can adjust to changing conditions, which I find very entertaining. The Schumi/Brawn/Todt team at Ferrari used to be the best at changing pit lane strategies, and a little rain would make them that much more dominant. It's seems to be a more level playing field (in terms of strategy) this year.

On another note, interesting article on Redbull/Brawn performance.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#32 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

I do enjoy racing in the rain, however I think dry conditions are a little more exciting. If it is going to rain, I'd prefer to see it start as dry, rain in the middle or end of the race. That shows how well the teams can adjust to changing conditions, which I find very entertaining. The Schumi/Brawn/Todt team at Ferrari used to be the best at changing pit lane strategies, and a little rain would make them that much more dominant. It's seems to be a more level playing field (in terms of strategy) this year.

On another note, interesting article on Redbull/Brawn performance.

You're right I do actually enjoy rain racing more when it's like how Malaysia was, in midrace. I liked that article about the tires. RedBull's car is pretty well engineered. Hopefully we dont see anymore rain as the Brawn cars arent as fast as some of the other top makes.

#33 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

More reasons to hate Bernie Ecclestone, he wants Beckham in F1.

either that or a female black jew.

Also, Ferrari is having a conniption about a 40 million pound spending limit. They are saying it might get them to drop out of F1.

#34 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

More reasons to hate Bernie Ecclestone, he wants Beckham in F1.

either that or a female black jew.

Also, Ferrari is having a conniption about a 40 million pound spending limit. They are saying it might get them to drop out of F1.

What he said about Brawn GP is fucked up.

#35 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

What will the series look like next year? Due to budget restrictions that the FIA is insisting they will implement, a number of teams are saying they will not participate next year.

Former champions Renault, Toyota and Red Bull's two teams have also said they cannot enter the 2010 championship under the regulations proposed while the FIA have pointed to a large number of would-be entrants eager to come in.

Ferrari may quit also

If these big teams drop out, Alonso will find something else to do

There are reportedly 8 teams interested in joining the series next year (Wirth Research, Lola, USF1, Epsilon Euskadi, RML, Formtech, Campos, iSport), but if the big teams drop out, will it be the same?

I've been a Ferrari fan since my dad would take me to F1 races at Long Beach, so if they drop out, I doubt I will keep watching the series. For me, it just wouldn't be the same.

How can I go about hiring a hitman to take out Bernie and Max? That's probably be the best for F1. <_<

#36 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:34 PM

How can I go about hiring a hitman to take out Bernie and Max? That's probably be the best for F1. <_<

Yes please. They can't die soon enough.

#37 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Best day of racing of the year in my opinion. Enjoyed the Monaco GP with Brawn dominating. Button and Rubens are just tearing the field apart.

The Indy 500 was anti-clamatic and I did have a feeling Helio was going to win. He was just in a class of his own during the last 50 laps.

#38 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Well, Mosley is demanding that teams sign an unconditional entries for next year. He admits that it is likely not all of the teams from this year will be involved next year.

Source

However, teams seem to be thinking they are going to win this stalemate, as all of the teams think that KERS should be scrapped for next year. I guess the confidence they show in that respect is encouraging.

But Flavio Briatore is already trying to make enemies of the new teams. The way I see it, unless things change drastically within FIA regulations, this season will be the end of F1 as we know it.

The sad thing is that it seems like all fans are against the proposed (from what I've read). If the current teams decide not to participate next year, will anyone watch?

Serious question, if Max and Bernie were out of the picture, would F1 be okay, or will F1 go broke because of the cost to develop cars?

#39 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

Well, Mosley is demanding that teams sign an unconditional entries for next year. He admits that it is likely not all of the teams from this year will be involved next year.

Source

However, teams seem to be thinking they are going to win this stalemate, as all of the teams think that KERS should be scrapped for next year. I guess the confidence they show in that respect is encouraging.

But Flavio Briatore is already trying to make enemies of the new teams. The way I see it, unless things change drastically within FIA regulations, this season will be the end of F1 as we know it.

The sad thing is that it seems like all fans are against the proposed (from what I've read). If the current teams decide not to participate next year, will anyone watch?

Serious question, if Max and Bernie were out of the picture, would F1 be okay, or will F1 go broke because of the cost to develop cars?

As long as I dont have to watch NASCAR, I'll be happy. However, F1 would never recover if it were to happen. There is too much money involved, though, for it to end the way that it seems it will

#40 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

They are getting closer to an agreement. FIA has increased the budget cap from £40 million to €100 million. Source

In the interests of peace and compromise, the FIA appears to have backed down and allowed for ‘certain amendments’ to be made to the 2010 F1 World Championship regulations – including a greatly increased €100 million budget cap rather than one of £40 million, dropping to €45 million in 2011...

However, Ferrari and Red Bull are still demanding no budget cap, and consistent rules with 2009. A lot of the issues that teams disagree with seem to be pushed off to 2011, but I see the exact same thing happening if they try to bring the rules in again.

It seems Mosley wants to turn F1 into a spec series, using 1 chassis type, 1 engine type, etc. similar to NASCAR. If that happens, I will definitely stop watching F1.

I personally prefer wide open development, as it ends up being much more exciting as the little innovations between teams forces everyone to stay on their toes. To me, that's one of the exciting things about F1, you sometimes see a car progress through a season, getting better as the team figures things out.

On a side note, did anyone watch LeMans coverage last weekend? Exciting stuff.

#41 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

F1 teams announce breakaway championship

From the BBC too

Wow.

It has become clear that the stables cannot continue to make compromises on the fundamental values of the sport

Well I guess I am going to start supporting a different racing series.

#42 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Now the FIA is taking legal action to prevent the Ferrari and other teams from forming their own racing series.

I wonder, if the teams are forced to race, will they put no effort in and spend far less than the cap amount to put a team out there. "Oops, we just aren't competitive this year. All of our efforts are focused on the new racing series for next year."

#43 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

Now the FIA is taking legal action to prevent the Ferrari and other teams from forming their own racing series.

I wonder, if the teams are forced to race, will they put no effort in and spend far less than the cap amount to put a team out there. "Oops, we just aren't competitive this year. All of our efforts are focused on the new racing series for next year."

Holy shit thats big! they should call their series Formula A just t o piss off eclesstone.

#44 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Mosley is out (thank god), and there will be a single F1 series next year, no breakaway series. FOTA essentially won the budgetary cap argument.

Good article

Former Ferrari boss Jean Todt could replace Mosley

Now if we could just get rid of Bernie.

#45 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

Bernie proves that he is an idiot by praising Hitler before the German Grand Prix.

"In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people, able to get things done."

That's right, whether it was killing nearly 6 million Jews or trying to take over all of Europe and Africa, he knew how to get things done. What a fucking idiot. I hope he is kicked out, loses all of his money and is forced to live on the streets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users