56 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts
  • Supports:Metro
4-0 to DC United on the road. That was 15 years of frustration (or at least part of it) delivered in a 90 minute beat down. I hope Hymen Moreno was watching this one, and the fact that Ben Olsen had a front row seat made it all the sweeter. This doesn't make up for the atrocities we've experienced over our years as fans (it will take much more than this to heal those wounds), but goddamn does this feel good.

I'm very happy right now. Metro just embarrassed DC on the national stage...Fuck DC.

#RedBullOut

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Plus Harkes had to sit there and call it :cheers:
What a douche bag. At least he admitted Agudelo's goal was a thing of beauty.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts
Ah yes, how could I forget about that fuck John Harkes.

#RedBullOut

fogs

fogs

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Tonight, my God is indeed an awesome God.

Fuck Moreno, Fuck Agoos, Fuck those clowns who attacked our fans a few years back, Fuck DC fans, Fuck RFK, Fuck Harkes, Fuck Olsen, Fuck Quaranta, Fuck Eskandarian.

Metro- you're cool.

(PS I know I am leaving out more Fucks but I only got so much in me right now)

#redbullout

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts
  • Supports:New York
Was there for the Eddie Gaven Goal. Was there for the Youri game winner. Was there for the win last year. Save the Open Cup elimination (was there at Yurcak for that one, sour apples duly sent home from Hub City that night) nothing against DC compares to this, and nothing IN DC even comes close.

Kudos to the team, and even more to those who were able to get down there on a week night to the game. All time epic road win. Nothing but love tonight.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,957 posts
The finest of beat downs.

This is the kind of win that has us set off to the races... speaking of which, top of the east once again where we belong!

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
:cheers: Man oh man.

Was there for the Eddie Gaven Goal. Was there for the Youri game winner. Was there for the win last year. Save the Open Cup elimination (was there at Yurcak for that one, sour apples duly sent home from Hub City that night) nothing against DC compares to this, and nothing IN DC even comes close.

Kudos to the team, and even more to those who were able to get down there on a week night to the game. All time epic road win. Nothing but love tonight.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Agudelo pointing to the fans after the final pimp smack (with baby powder) was poetic. A fucking beatdown. I've waited so long to see something like this. :cheers:

#RedBullOut

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,957 posts
All I asked for today was to see DC embarrased tonight on national television. That is what happened tonight an absolute beat down of the highest level.

One of the all time great performances in team history. Is this our biggest road win in team history?

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
HOLY FUCK! Can't beat that! Amazing game, what a night. My only regret was I couldn't be there.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts
  • Supports:New York

Is this our biggest road win in team history?

Only problem with that is it coming so early in the season and not really 'counting' for anything other than the 3pts. and pride of taking a gigantic shit in their house & telling their mom to flush.

Away at Houston & RSL in '08 have to be ahead of this as they were playoff games, and the final MBradley game in (iirc 2005) at Chivas to make the playoffs likely ahead of it too, just cause it allowed us to make the playoffs.

Other than that......? I think it may be.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,418 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
Calm down Beavis! Enjoy it, but calm the fuck down. We've been on the other end of countless of these beatdowns by them. Giving them one in return and getting all hyped up about is dumb when you figure theyve done this to us many times and in more crucual situations(Open cups, Playoffs, etc).

Its a win... enjoy....

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK

Only problem with that is it coming so early in the season and not really 'counting' for anything other than the 3pts. and pride of taking a gigantic shit in their house & telling their mom to flush.

Away at Houston & RSL in '08 have to be ahead of this as they were playoff games, and the final MBradley game in (iirc 2005) at Chivas to make the playoffs likely ahead of it too, just cause it allowed us to make the playoffs.

Other than that......? I think it may be.

toronto last year?...
“You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team.” – Eric Cantona

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT:

"This is a process, and, right now, [New York are] a better team than we are."

http://www.mlssoccer...ads-dc-downfall

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding
I'm watching Agudelo's goal on YouTube right now, and no exaggeration, my heart did that thing when you miss a step going down stairs. Stunning goal.

I love Metro.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users