276 replies to this topic

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

There's a guy in my section who spends most of every match screaming at Muyl about how much he sucks, so I enjoy it a little extra every time he scores.

201? LOL think I know the guy

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

129. Guess there are multiple lol.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

It wasn't just the goals that he scored yesterday, his general play was more impressive. From the moment he entered due to Valot's injury, the game turned. He seemed to be a field general that organized the players into a team, similar to what Tyler Adams does. The 2 goals were just icing on the cake.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It wasn't just the goals that he scored yesterday, his general play was more impressive. From the moment he entered due to Valot's injury, the game turned. He seemed to be a field general that organized the players into a team, similar to what Tyler Adams does. The 2 goals were just icing on the cake.

I wouldnt mind seeing him as an 8 at some point. Or as an outside back. But to be fair the best performances Ive seen from him have all been off the bench. And that is NOT a bad thing.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sometimes I think we forget that Muyl is still 23 years old. He's only going to get better. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Sometimes I think we forget that Muyl is still 23 years old. He's only going to get better. 

I hope we see a highly motivated something to prove I need to keep Valot and omir on the bench Myul
Bring out the best in all

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

There are many instances of this not being true, but sure.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Good goals. Glad to see him come of the pines and play well.  Love to see him keep it up.

Still pronouncing his name Mule. #forevermule

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Royer got robbed! Thought he was the driver for just about all our decent attacks, Muyl just got the final touch.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,138 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Royer got robbed! Thought he was the driver for just about all our decent attacks, Muyl just got the final touch.

Agree, but if you get a brace, you're gonna get MoTM 10/10

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Being in the right place to score even if at close range is not always just luck. If we are going to go all the way we need so many players to deliver. Let's be happy they both did their job.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I think Muyl is one of those players that has better instincts than he has raw talent. We've had a number of these guys over the years that can grind it out and be in the right places...but maybe won't blow you away with their footwork or passing ability. It's not always the option you need, but a solid option. Especially in games where physicality may be more necessary than finesse.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,138 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Being in the right place to score even if at close range is not always just luck. If we are going to go all the way we need so many players to deliver. Let's be happy they both did their job.

I think Muyl is one of those players that has better instincts than he has raw talent. We've had a number of these guys over the years that can grind it out and be in the right places...but maybe won't blow you away with their footwork or passing ability. It's not always the option you need, but a solid option. Especially in games where physicality may be more necessary than finesse.

He is probably the most divisive player we've ever had (help me out, Metro historians), though its very imbalanced.   The fans are mostly reasonable in their expectations and assessment of him, but the haters are frighteningly hateful.    I've seen them just get foul-mouthed, red-faced apoplectic over nothing.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

he wasn't a good soccer player a year or two ago.  this year he has shown flashes of getting better, even putting the 2 goals aside (of which 1 was due to good positioning - the 1st goal.  the 2nd was just dumb luck that it bounced to him).

he has a good motor, and he's shown a willingness to try creative things out near the touchline.  that to me speaks miles more than bagging 2 ho-hum goals.  i am willing to give him a shot this year

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

i am willing to give him a shot this year

You don't get a vote

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users