1075 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,794 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Bedoya could be a great signing. NJ native and played in Sweden for Orebro. Cough***DISCOVERY PLAYER***cough.

Doesn't he play Dane's position?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,690 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Would be a legendary get to land a player like Bedoya via discovery... but at the same time, where would he play?

At some point you have to realize where would he play in that midfield? Too many guys in there.
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,004 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
love to see him here, but i think it's a bit far fetched. he'll probably end up somewhere else, like NE or CHI.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,346 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
US International, we just can't sign him.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Apparently Bedoya is a former childhood teamate of Barrajo when they played for the Clifton Stallions:
http://www.northjers..._U_S__spot.html

Currently we are #12 on the allocation draft order:
http://pressbox.mlss...ing-feb-16-2012

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,004 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Giovanni Moreno M plays for racing in Argentina . About 6'3 attacking mid, very fluid for his size, only 26.

Marcos Flores M 6'1 2011 MVP in australia, now in china ,only 26, makes about 800,000 a year there .

Atletico Nacional received a transfer fee for Moreno. There is a minimal chance that MLS would go against its own policy to buy a player. Loan maybe, but not an outright purchase. Would be nice since acquiring him would go along with MLS preference in getting Colombian players, but he sounds expensive.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Currently we are #12 on the allocation draft order:
http://pressbox.mlss...ing-feb-16-2012

#11 now since Montreal used their allocation on the Grown Ass Man

regardless, there is absolutely no way we're getting Bedoya (or Bocanegra) unless MLS somehow gives either one or both to us directly

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
Bedoya never impressed me when he suited up for the nats. He'll require trading cash or assets to move up im the allocation order. Not worh it.

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

Atletico Nacional received a transfer fee for Moreno. There is a minimal chance that MLS would go against its own policy to buy a player. Loan maybe, but not an outright purchase. Would be nice since acquiring him would go along with MLS preference in getting Colombian players, but he sounds expensive.

Moreno is out of the question . Jose Pekerman the new DT for Colombia has compared him to Riquelme and its likely after watching Colombia beat Mexico 2-0 and the formation Pekerman used at the end in that match a 4-1-4-1
that G Moreno may be a focal point of the national team. if thats the case, a national team player that is in his prime already playing for a bigger club in a higher profile league will unlikely come to the MLS.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

http://www.express.c...sts/view/306099

mentions Carlos Bocanegra and David Healy, i like watching those guys play, wod love if Metro landed them, feels far fetched tho
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,794 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Any international slots left to grab Swedish U-21 attacking mid Mervan Celik from the Rangers?

http://sports.yahoo....angers_20120306

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts
  • Supports:Metros
For what it's worth, if they can't get Rodgers back I would take a long, long look at Zach Schilawski. His confidence was destroyed in New England, but his off the ball movement was always excellent, and hey, if Oduro and Wondolowski can come out of nowhere, who's to say this kid can't?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,690 posts
  • Supports:Metro

For what it's worth, if they can't get Rodgers back

Prediction on what happens here?
"If they asked me to go back to the academy and coach the U-14s (I would have). I care about this club. It was never false, it always rings true.’" - Red Bull New York Head Coach Michael Petke

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

For what it's worth, if they can't get Rodgers back I would take a long, long look at Zach Schilawski. His confidence was destroyed in New England, but his off the ball movement was always excellent, and hey, if Oduro and Wondolowski can come out of nowhere, who's to say this kid can't?

I agree - i think the kid has talent. Do you think he is better then Hertzog or the other two trialists?

Although, if i was Zach i would go to a team like San Jose, Columbus or Houston. I think those teams need help up top and he could break through and shine.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Would be a legendary get to land a player like Bedoya via discovery... but at the same time, where would he play?

At some point you have to realize where would he play in that midfield? Too many guys in there.

Play a 4-3-3, move Marquez to CB.

Henry-Cooper-Richards
Lindpere-Tainio-Bedoya

Miller/Lade-Conde-Marquez-Solli

Just kind of spitballing the idea.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users