Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

so this is a June signing? ugh. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Is he a starter at his current club? If not they might be fine just cutting him loose a few months early

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

According to his Instagram, it looks like he goes by Jazzy. I'm cool with that.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Is it? I didn't think you had to wait if a player is out of contract.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Just curious, how do you know that he is a massive downgrade on Taxi?

we sold Lawrence for what, a million? I doubt this guy cost that much.

But Ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he can be as good as taxi.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Because Taxi was the best LB in MLS and maybe concacaf, and has since moved to Anderlect.

This guy was a non starter for a 12th place team in Ligue 2.

He could end up being fantastic all im saying were a worse team by losing taxi and adding this guy.

I also said, good pick up so im not upset at this move just saying were still a worse team than day 1 last season and we had an away playoff game, not sure how the FO honestly thinks we can win anything.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I dont think so, the wording was weird but he should be here this window.

He had been a starter last season and early this season, but Sochaux-Montbéliard brought in a LB on loan from Marseille who has been starting most of the matches since September.

Looks like Pendant was playing some CB after that as well

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's possible that he can equal the best left back in league history, but it's probably unlikely. This guy could be a stud and still fall short of what Taxi brought to the table.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

It is certainly true that we cannot expect magic from every signing, but Taxi was not at all viewed as an upgrade when we got rid of Oyongo, who was very possibly the best left back in the league at the time we got rid of him.   When we traded Oyongo he was getting serious interest from Ligue 1 teams and we replaced him with a trialist from Red Stripe Premier League who DC United turned down.

Look at all these incredibly negative takes on the signing of nobody Kemar Lawrence from 2015. I am not naming names but there are strong prefences for Connor Lade over Kemar Lawrence expressed. 

There is a good sarcastic take that "Now we have the final piece of the puzzle for MLS Cup."  Little did we know he would literally be the missing piece of the puzzle for MLS Cup in the 2018 playoffs.  

http://www.soccerpub...opic=48327&st=0

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Kemar was no where near the best LB in MLS last season. Stop obsessing over what guys were, time to move forward. Last season the team was mediocre and Kemar was very much a part of that. Glad they addressed this position. Hopefully he can play.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

He could end up being fantastic all im saying were a worse team by losing taxi and adding this guy.

Taxi is gone regardless of whether or not we sign Pendant. It's not like we traded Taxi for Pendant. The question is, are we better off after signing this guy? Is he an improvement over going with Seagrist or Amro Tarek at LB?  We won't be worse for signing Pendant...and we may actually be better than we are right now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sounds good on bribing him in.

Autocorrect?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Autocorrect?

Could be bribing him in if we're talking about Daniel Sturridge

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Because Taxi was the best LB in MLS and maybe concacaf, and has since moved to Anderlect.

This guy was a non starter for a 12th place team in Ligue 2.

They put in their article that he rejected their contract extension, so there is some comfort that his team still wanted him.  Defenders are weird because since so much of their success comes down to tactical fit, so i try not to judge them until i see them play.  that said our track record with defenders is a lot better than with forwards/attacking mids so i am optimistic.  

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Lawrence already had some big performances for Jamaica when we signed him? Not a knock on Pendant, just saying there was already some stuff on Lawrence's resume that indicated he could ball when we signed him.

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users