ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

FYI

I just purchased tickets at ticketmaster for the She Believes Cup. When I checked the tickets in the app, the barcodes are rotating. Which means you will not be able to send a screen shot of a ticket anymore. Tickets can only be transferred using the transfer button the ticketmaster app, ticketmaster website, red bull app, or red bull website. The tickets will only be able to be viewed on the ticketmaster app, or red bull app at RBA. I contacted my rep about this and this will be the technology used for all events in 2020 and the forseeable future. This technology was used this year in the NFL to a high degree of success and it seems like ticketmaster will be trying to roll it out across all venues in 2020. The only con about this tech is that you need a internet connection either wifi or mobile data. You can still have your tickets printed on paper stubs by visiting the box office, or contacting your rep.

Hope this helps everybody.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Thanks for the heads up. Very annoying but makes sense for TM.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
How does this make it easier for fans?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It doesn't, it makes it so Ticketmaster can collect more emails. Sucks, but that's how TM operates.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It doesn't.  Its a complete pain in the ass, especially when the wifi/internet connectivity at the gate sucks, which it always does.   I got in the habit of taking a screen shot of all my tickets for that exact reason.    SO much easier to forward a screen shot to whoever is with me than to make them get the app and deal with all that.   Was there really a problem with duplicate tickets being used?    Doubt it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

It doesn't.  Its a complete pain in the ass, especially when the wifi/internet connectivity at the gate sucks, which it always does.   I got in the habit of taking a screen shot of all my tickets for that exact reason.    SO much easier to forward a screen shot to whoever is with me than to make them get the app and deal with all that.   Was there really a problem with duplicate tickets being used?    Doubt it.

Duplicate tickets is the kayfabe reason the TicketScammer bastards give. The real reason is to control the tickets and kill the secondary market (Think Mr Burns blocking out the sun to create eternal darkness in Springfield to force everyone to use lights all the time). They are allowed to do this because of all the politicians that they have bought off to do their bidding.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Yeah this means no more quick and easy stubhub market and everything will
Be controlled by Ticketmaster ...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

FYI ... Hope this helps everybody.

Thanks. It is going to take a while for me to figure out everything else that you said.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Install the TicketBastard app in your phone and download the tickets before going to said venue. I had to do that for the Giants game I attended this season. Everyone else was struggling downloading the tickets while I coast straight thru.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Yeah this means no more quick and easy stubhub market and everything will
Be controlled by Ticketmaster ...

Stubhub will have a mobile transfer option, that's their workaround for this. Then you just enter the buyers email address and transfer them. It's not easier than simple screenshots but it's still easy enough.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Thanks. It is going to take a while for me to figure out everything else that you said.

I was thinking of the conversation we had about this in August over some beers at Bellos  before the match. You were telling me then how it will be a bigger head ache for you. My suggestion would be to request paper tickets to be mailed to you or have the tickets printed at the box office at the first match at the beginning of the season.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Some good changes in here, especially the bracelets since I never bothered wearing a lanyard cause I find them annoying...

https://www.newyorkr...bullarena/entry

All Red Members will receive section-specific wristbands for the 2020 season. When you wear your wristband on matchday, you can show it to the usher for quick and easy entry into your section. No need to juggle your phone to get to your seat!

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Just got off the phone with my Rep. They will Charge $10 to have tickets printed out at the Box Office or to have them mailed to you this season. Got the response that it was MLS mandated. Such a crock of crap.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Also if your smartphone is NFC technology enabled (Most are built in the last few years), you can attach your seats to your Android Google Wallet or Apple Pay and the ticket will work simmilarly to OMNY in the NYC Subway and Buses. Supposedly that tech doesnt require wifi because the Google Wallet or Apple Pay is physically in your phone. Red Members will also receive wrist bands for their section number so they dont have to show the usher the phone every time you go in and out of the section.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Not having Apple Wallet support was infuriating last year, particularly because it would have been so easy to implement (I created my own using an app called Pass2U). Really glad they've added that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users