• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,699 posts

If RZA is okay (for Tuesday), sure but if he is not the moving parts make us need to turn over the roster a ton.

No RZA or Davis Tuesday, then Adams has to start in CDM (and shouldnt play) .  

Adams is one of our primary wingback alternative with Lade, so if he is locked in @ CDM cant afford to have Kemar or Amir get hurt, so at least one of them has to rest to be safe. 

I would be okay with both Long and Parker playing, but in case we go 3 in the back want Collin and/or Escobar to get 90 minutes in against a real team, so in any formation at least one of Long/Parker should rest.

Kaku and Etienne need 90 minutes so they will come in for 2 of BWP, Royer, Muyl, Adams (since Davis slides down to fill the 6 spot).  And arguably Rivas but him getting 90 is less important because he is not in direct contention for a starting role like Kaku and Etienne imo.

That i think has it at at least 4 subs (Adams, 1 wingback, 1 CB and 1 attacker).  Our potential injuries and suspensions make it tough to not rotate.

A) It is early in the season. Few of our players should be considered in need of a major rest (injuries aside).

B) Both games are at home, so no travel issues for us, but long travel for both opponents.

C) While I never like to lose and it is the home opener, the season is just starting and not time to stress over one game.

D) Weather in the 30's Tuesday night could make Tijuana uncomfortable.

E) The grass will play to our advantage against the Xolos. 

F) Having a 2 road goal advantage gives us a lot of leverage strategically. The pressure will be on them.

G) A tie or loss to Portland does not award points to an Eastern Conference rival.

H) We have yet to "release the Kraken" (Kaku)

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I really want to see guys like Ettiene and Valot start and get extended minutes. Also Rivas as well as Redding. Let's see what we have - perhaps someone will emerge as a solid contributor that play some good minutes on Tuesday and going forward. Kaku needs some PT as well.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts

A) It is early in the season. Few of our players should be considered in need of a major rest (injuries aside).
B) Both games are at home, so no travel issues for us, but long travel for both opponents.
C) While I never like to lose and it is the home opener, the season is just starting and not time to stress over one game.
D) Weather in the 30's Tuesday night could make Tijuana uncomfortable.
E) The grass will play to our advantage against the Xolos. 
F) Having a 2 road goal advantage gives us a lot of leverage strategically. The pressure will be on them.
G) A tie or loss to Portland does not award points to an Eastern Conference rival.
H) We have yet to "release the Kraken" (Kaku)

Agree with most of this but we playing 3 games in 1 week plus cross country travel. Rest most starters to avoid overstressing

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
Rest Royer and BWP, I'd even say rest Robles Parker and Long and Taxi and Adams.

For sure rest Royer and BWP.

It's the first game of the season. The CCL means more than the first game of the season let the bench guys start. Give Kaku some minutes in the second half.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
3 games so close together, rest people. It's just the first game of the season. Iy makes a difference come Tues night when it's the 85th minute whether or not you just played 90 minutes 3-4 days earlier.
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Result don't matter!

*clap clap clap-clap-clap

Play the kids!

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I really want to see guys like Ettiene and Valot start and get extended minutes. Also Rivas as well as Redding. Let's see what we have - perhaps someone will emerge as a solid contributor that play some good minutes on Tuesday and going forward. Kaku needs some PT as well.

Looks like Valot will have to start on Tuesday because there are no other midfielders. Would you risk playing him 90 on Saturday and again on Tuesday? Im not sure what I would do. Maybe start Bezecourt against the Timbes?

I agree with starting Rivas for BWP, he needs a rest. You dont want to see Redding out three though, trust me, Ive watched him play.

I can definitely see Kaku, Etienne, Escobar and Lade starting so other guys can rest.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Keep a close eye on today's update of the MLS official roster. Thinking we will see some changes with Duncan/Moreno and some movement with INTL slots for the weekend.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

--------------Rivas

Etienne--Bezecourt--Valot

-------------Davis

Taxi------------------------------Lade

---Escobar--Collin--Parker

---------------Robles

Davis can't play against Xolos, so give him a full 90.

Adams and Rza have slight knocks, so don't play them if you don't have to.

Parker is young and needs more reps with the team. he can go 90 again and 90 vs Xolos.  

BWP and Royer as 2nd half subs if we need extra firepower.

Edit - Kaku as a 2nd half super sub, and then afterwards give him a full 90 against Xolos

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts

I think Adams is OK.  That looked more to me like cramping or something odd going on.  

Rza though looked like a hamstring. My general rule with hamstrings is a month but there's an old saying that high on the hamstring is good for healing, and low is bad.  Rza was grabbing pretty high on his hamstring so hopefully only misses a couple weeks.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
BTW you can pick up your SUPER DUPER RED MEMBER HOODIE~! at the game.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,709 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

you can pick up your SUPER DUPER RED MEMBER HOODIE at the game.

If they have my size ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

If they have my size ...

Well you ARE Big Jake!!!! But will they have ones big enough for Bigger Jake and his son Biggest Jake???
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,709 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

will they have one big enough for Bigger Jake

Mine is for him.
I dont wear or consume any RB products.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Mine is for him.
I dont wear or consume any RB products.

I wear or consume them when they are free (The lone exceptions are that Beat DC shirt I got on clearance, an Henry shirt because Henry and possibly this years replica red shirt personalized with BWP or Tyler). And I find that the AriZona energy drink is just as good, you get twice the amount as a can of RB and is only a buck.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users