23 replies to this topic

Shibboleth

Shibboleth

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey folks!

I'm moving to Harrison this April and want to start going to soccer games at Red Bull. Didn't watch much soccer in the US (besides a few games in DC when I worked there). But giving the proximity of the stadium, I'm really looking forward to go there every game during the season. 

Here are some questions. Is it better to buy a season plan or just get single game tickets from stubhub? What sitting sections are preferable? Are there any gatherings before/after the game?

I have many more other questions, but I think that's enough for the start :)

Cheers,

Shib

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Season ticket is relatively cheap and includes some other incentives like additional friendlies, priority in post-season sales, and a scarf. That's what I would do. The supoorter's sections are in what's known as the South Ward. Which is literally behind the southern goal (section 101 and adjacents). If you are more interested in watching the game quietly, try the upper deck. Even the furthest seat from the pitch is still a decent seat.
As for pre/post game, others can give better info.

Cheers and welcome
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
First things first. Lose the DC logo.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Season tickets are pretty cheap but buying single tickets off the secondary market like stub hub is even cheaper. For someone just getting to know the team, I would go the stub hub route.

There are a few official gatherings before each game. The one i go to the most is at Catas restaurant in Newark. It is about a 10-15 min walk to the stadium, but the supporters groups in attendance march to the game together so you don't really feel it.

The team usually opens up a family friendly series of events outside the stadium (soccer games for kids, music, food vendors, free gifts) when the weather is warmer. There is also an outdoor beer garden immediately outside one of the stadium gates.

In terms of seats, I would try and get anything in the "South Ward " of the stadium (any section near 101 on either the top or bottom levels). That is where all the supporters sit and where you'll have the best time in terms of atmosphere. Maybe don't sit in 101 unless you want to stand and sing the entire time. Try 201 - the sight lines are great and you can still enjoy the atmosphere. If you decide you really love the team you can always become a member of one of the supporters groups and join them below.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

First things first. Lose the DC logo.

If he's going to support Metro I have no quarrel with him being a fan of the Gnats. The only quarrel I have is that he should use Teddy in the avatar because who doesn't love Teddy? Frankly I want them to add either Cleveland or Coolidge (My favorite president besides the founding fathers) to the presidents race.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Welcome Shib! A lot depends on your age and what kind of experience you’re looking for when you go to a game. There are lots of options.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

kidtelex

kidtelex

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Season tickets are pretty cheap but buying single tickets off the secondary market like stub hub is even cheaper. For someone just getting to know the team, I would go the stub hub route.

Welcome Shib! A lot depends on your age and what kind of experience you’re looking for when you go to a game. There are lots of options.

Might be worth stubhubbing on the cheap in different sections, see which section you like best then potentially by some sort of half season package after?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I would buy single-game seats on Stubhub.  My preferred area of the stadium is the first few rows of section 201.  You get a great tactical view of the field, you get the noise of the supporters groups without any obstructed views, and the tickets are usually really cheap.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
WELCOME!

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Might be worth stubhubbing on the cheap in different sections, see which section you like best then potentially by some sort of half season package after?

I think thats good advice...check out the stadium from a few different perspectives before jumping into a season long commitment.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
dupe

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

One massive word of advice, im not sure where you are coming from but leave early to get to the games.  Takes me about 15 minutes to get to Harrison and another 15-30 to find parking, walk to the Arena, and get what ever i need from concessions before kick off. Double that for NYCFC games. 

Also second that there isn't a bad seat in the house, i use to sit in 133 next to the Viking Army then moved to the north side behind goal and im back next to the GSU this year with a few times sitting at midfield on both the first and second level. Nothing beats sitting near the supporters though. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Nothing beats sitting near the supporters

Except being one!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

welcome

Echo the advice:

Stubhub different sections and see which you like.

Great views from all seats just depending how close you like to be to the action or prefer to oversee the field.

get half season package

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
In my opinion just from a pure best value and best vantage point view you can't do better than the upper deck behind the goal. Just the absolute perfect spot to watch a match and be able to see play develop.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users