12 replies to this topic

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Took my 2 year 2 month old boy to the match - his first. [Edit since topic change: 5/5/18 vs the Mighty Cunts of Macombs Dam Bridge]

He watches (half assed -- he's a toddler) games at home and "kick the ball" ,"soccer ball" and "goal!" etc are his words.

Got there a few mins prior to KO, and PA announcer was giving out lineup, music blasting, bulls on parade, fireworks, etc.

Add to being in a crowd etc, and his nap time is typically at 2pm he was a bit fidgety, scared/nervous, starting to whinge and close to losing it.

Wouldn't even take a bite of pizza.

I knew it was a roll of the dice to bring him, and it seemed I'd screwed up.

Then a miracle happened 1st min of match!

That first goal happened and  we stood and yelled "goal!" and clapped and gave high fives to folks around us. He was suddenly all smiles.

Second goal a couple minutes later and he was as happy as can be.  He was into it as 2-year old could be from there on in.

He sat, stood and clapped a bunch (when others clapped, and sometimes just to clap), said his words, stared at the supporters a bit as they did their thing, and we enjoyed the other two goals. Big smiles.

Absolute success of a day all around, and one I'd looked forward to and will remember for years to come.  (And with it the 4-0 ass whipping of the "one true team that represents my city and me unlike the pink cows that play in oooh jersey in a stadium i can't get too something something Newark" too!!)

From the walk out of the stadium through yesterday we've been asking him, "how many goals did we score?" and he counts off in toddler voice "two, three, four"

:D

Excellence Not Expectations

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Took my 2 year 2 month old boy to the match - his first. 

He watches (half assed -- he's a toddler) games at home and "kick the ball" ,"soccer ball" and "goal!" etc are his words.

Got there a few mins prior to KO, and PA announcer was giving out lineup, music blasting, bulls on parade, fireworks, etc.

Add to being in a crowd etc, and his nap time is typically at 2pm he was a bit fidgety, scared/nervous, starting to whinge and close to losing it.

Wouldn't even take a bite of pizza.

I knew it was a roll of the dice to bring him, and it seemed I'd screwed up.

Then a miracle happened 1st min of match!

That first goal happened and  we stood and yelled "goal!" and clapped and gave high fives to folks around us. He was suddenly all smiles.

Second goal a couple minutes later and he was as happy as can be.  He was into it as 2-year old could be from there on in.

He sat, stood and clapped a bunch (when others clapped, and sometimes just to clap), said his words, stared at the supporters a bit as they did their thing, and we enjoyed the other two goals. Big smiles.

Absolute success of a day all around, and one I'd looked forward to and will remember for years to come.  (And with it the 4-0 ass whipping of the "one true team that represents my city and me unlike the pink cows that play in oooh jersey in a stadium i can't get too something something Newark" too!!)

From the walk out of the stadium through yesterday we've been asking him, "how many goals did we score?" and he counts off in toddler voice "two, three, four"

:D

Cool stuff. Something for me to look forward to considering it was one of the first home games in a while I had to miss because I was taking care of my newborn daughter.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

that's awesome. glad the day worked out! lol 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Cool stuff. Something for me to look forward to considering it was one of the first home games in a while I had to miss because I was taking care of my newborn daughter.

Time to get your priorities straight.  What kind of example are you setting for your little girl, by missing the game????  I mean, how new is new?   Can't coddle the kid forever.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Time to get your priorities straight.  What kind of example are you setting for your little girl, by missing the game????  I mean, how new is new?   Can't coddle the kid forever.

Hah, new as in 2 weeks new.  Planning on bringing her to the May 26 game so that should be interesting.  Maybe a good set of earmuffs.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Hah, new as in 2 weeks new.  Planning on bringing her to the May 26 game so that should be interesting.  Maybe a good set of earmuffs.

CONGRATS! I got these for my 5-month old. Didnt get to use them at the game last weekend (first cold), but theyre great for him on the subway:
Baby Banz Earmuffs Infant Hearing Protection - Ages 0-2+ Years - THE BEST EARMUFFS FOR BABIES & TODDLERS - Industry Leading Noise Reduction Rating - S https://www.amazon.c...f=yo_pop_ma_swf

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
My little guy will be 2 end of this month. I'm going to start him at a USL game. If he loses it, I'll be okay to leave and less loud with the smaller crowd.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Expecting baby in late July, so am interested in rba experiences for very young set. May need new thread...

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Well, since we're on the subject...https://www.instagra...ken-by=jg_metro

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Count me firmly in the camp that believes sporting events are no place for children that can't walk on their own yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when I have kids one day, but it just seems very impractical for yourself and for your kid.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Count me firmly in the camp that believes sporting events are there's no place for children anywhere, anytime that can't walk on their own yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when I have kids one day, but it just seems very impractical for yourself and for your kid.

fify

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

Count me firmly in the camp that believes sporting events are no place for children that can't walk on their own yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when I have kids one day, but it just seems very impractical for yourself and for your kid.

https://www.youtube....h?v=XuxXSw_4R_c

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=KzANAr1V82c

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users