So now what's the ideal XI (and subs) from late August on?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
White
Royer-Kaku-Sims
Taxi-CCJ-Muyl
Tarek-Long-Parker
Robles

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Myul to RB begins now

If they had started it any earlier Id be on board, but its too late now. We need as many points as possible down the stretch and while I believe long term Muyl would be better there than Murillo short term hes gonna get caught positionally pretty frequently.

Give him a full preseason there and were ready to rock. I truly believe that.

Edit:

...but screw it, Murillo is gonna make just as many mistakes so...

White
Royer-Kaku-Murillo
CCJ-Davis
Taxi-Long-Parker-Muyl
Robles

Meara, Omir, Sims, Tarek, BWP, Rzatkowski, Buckshot

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Think Buck is going to be starting over Murillo quite a bit here... Last game made that possibility clear.  Murillo is clearly more talented but he's just been so bad defensively this year.

THink this is what we'll see ultimately.

---------White
Royer-Kaku-Sims
---CCJ--Davis
Taxi Long Parker Buck

Omir, Muyl, and BWP the notable subs.

Perhaps most notable is that unless something significantly changes Connor Lade and BWP's careers on this team are coming to an end after this year.

BWP bags 20 goals a season, he gets one injury where he misses significant playing time this year and all of the sudden his career is over? Lol

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

BWP bags 20 goals a season, he gets one injury where he misses significant playing time this year and all of the sudden his career is over? Lol

Last year of contract, age, new CBA, shaping up to be an important offseason. DPs may no longer exist, and it could be an opportunity for the gap between the spenders and non spenders to grow.

Either way cant imagine hes coming back unless hes willing to sit the bench and be a spot starter/late game sub.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If BWP was 24 years old, then yes it would an absolutely ridiculous notion to call his time here done after a bad injury. At 34, it's not all that unreasonable.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

new CBA ... DPs may no longer exist

What does this mean? No more DPs? No more cap?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What does this mean? No more DPs? No more cap?

I don't know about foregoing the cap altogether, but yeah apparently the MLSPA will be pushing for the removal of roster mechanics like DP spots, allocation money, etc... These rules give MLS too much leverage to deflate player's values, the players want clubs to pay whatever they feel is appropriate.

Parker spoke about it here, and he's got special interest in it after almost getting screwed out of his contract because MLS decided defenders don't deserve decent wages.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Never gonna happen.  MLS' current structure is great for owners and they aren't going to be giving much on those things. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i can see them keeping DPs, but getting rid of TAM and increasing the cap.  Removing DPs would make it very hard for the league to set an appropriate cap number for next season otherwise (besides the fact that some owners are cheap).  

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
When is this Sims cat arriving?

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Last year of contract, age, new CBA, shaping up to be an important offseason. DPs may no longer exist, and it could be an opportunity for the gap between the spenders and non spenders to grow.

Either way cant imagine hes coming back unless hes willing to sit the bench and be a spot starter/late game sub.

This isnt the type of team that would keep a legend on the bench at a reduced re-negotiated contract.

Ideally BWP would be used as a super sub for the next handful of years like Milan used to do with Inzaghi. Werder Bremen does the same thing with a 41 year old Pizzaro.

Even the wealthy teams out there have roles for quality vets to round out their roster

Winning hardware isnt on the bullet points on the mission statement for our club however.

Our ideal XI will always differ from ownerships Ideal Xl

5 year plan

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Who cares, honestly?

Clearly the players don't and neither does management... The announcers made that evident during the telecast last night.

Armas Out

Hammlett Out

CJ Out.

RB OUT

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Who cares, honestly?

Clearly the players don't and neither does management... The announcers made that evident during the telecast last night.

Armas Out
Hammlett Out
CJ Out.

RB OUT

Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Interesting take by Bobby Warshaw though I agree on 3331 but disagree in personnel

https://www.mlssocce...s-after-week-23

Id go 3331
BW/P
Royer Kaku Sims
Kemar CCJ Rza/Myul
Tarek Long Parker
Luis

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Yeah, personnel is way off. BWP as CAM is madness, even mentioning Lade in the graphic is worse, and if we trust anyone to be the lone CDM, it should clearly be Casseres over Davis. I still think we need to get Murillo on the pitch soon and hope he switches on and plays to last year's standard somehow.

The 3331 can work against certain teams, especially if we have a lot of the possession, but it's naturally not a cure-all.

We saw the best version of this NYRB roster over the last two games (~one half in each game), so the 4231 is not the main problem. Defense and playing a complete game seem to be, at the moment anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users