179 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,355 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

edelman needs to be more aggressive on set pieces. he ball watched too much and allowed colorado to get on headers. he looked out of gas around the 60thish minute.   should have been subbed out.

Didnt he come in in the 60?

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

It really is time to say after this game that Kimala should be permanently be on the benched as the # 1 forward.  This game showed that he should be shown the door after the end of the season as Fabio & Fletcher was. As bad as Barlow is he has proved that he should be our #1 striker until we acquire someone else.  

The Falcon

The Falcon

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

It was a game of bounces and deflections that fell to the right spot. We got a couple. They got more. I'm sure Coronel is kicking himself about the fifth goal. Maybe he saw the guy right there and wouldn't have punched it right to him, maybe he didn't see him? I agree the team has to be tired but I don't think we should sound the end of season alarm just yet guys. It's first week of August, got the All-Star break coming up. Hopeful team catches up on rest. Of course we could be doing better but we've all said, on paper, this team isn't cup worthy, so with that, I'd say we're performing a lot better than expected? I'm not ready to give up on them. We're still capable of scoring good goals, winning games and making the playoffs. Few adjustments here and there but we're not in desperation mode.

Forza!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

It was a game of bounces and deflections that fell to the right spot. We got a couple. They got more. I'm sure Coronel is kicking himself about the fifth goal. Maybe he saw the guy right there and wouldn't have punched it right to him, maybe he didn't see him? I agree the team has to be tired but I don't think we should sound the end of season alarm just yet guys. It's first week of August, got the All-Star break coming up. Hopeful team catches up on rest. Of course we could be doing better but we've all said, on paper, this team isn't cup worthy, so with that, I'd say we're performing a lot better than expected? I'm not ready to give up on them. We're still capable of scoring good goals, winning games and making the playoffs. Few adjustments here and there but we're not in desperation mode.

Forza!

yes definitely game of bounces and deflection - that is a months worth in one game.

Beyond that play was not good in midfield by multiple players, attack was not dangerous again, right back not good

Subs choices not good.  

Mentalilty of team is also not good to go up 2 on 2x and lose it. 

That Austin performance feels like it was from a different year.

Not giving up but the feeling from Wednesday 7/27 before USOC and today 8/3 is night and day. 

There are multiple things that must improve from players coaches and front office.

Forza as well

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

It really is time to say after this game that Kimala should be permanently be on the benched as the # 1 forward.  This game showed that he should be shown the door after the end of the season as Fabio & Fletcher was. As bad as Barlow is he has proved that he should be our #1 striker until we acquire someone else.  

Your second sentence is true. Your first and third sentences would be a crime against the squad. Were not watching the same games

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Klimala is so much better than Barlow, it's not even close. The play dies when it ends up on Barlow's foot. Klimala can at least put a cross in and provide a decent layoff. He is just a crap finisher, but so is Barlow. 

Assuming they get no impact players this window, but retain Edwards, this is our best shot come the stretch run: 

*Assuming that the guy saying Ngoma is back by end of August or so is accurate

-------Ngoma----Klimala

--Morgan----------Luquinhas

-------Amaya--------CCJ

Tolkin---Reyes--Long---Edwards

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Didnt he come in in the 60?

it was a joke. he did but he looked off. he was too passive. looked like he ran a marathon before the game. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Also not sure if it was mentioned but that was Colorado's 1st road win all season lols.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

it was a joke. he did but he looked off. he was too passive. looked like he ran a marathon before the game. 

Yes not a good game for him.

Amaya should have been the sub considering how crazy that game was going. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

last goal called off

barlow - should have taken 1-2 steps to get back on side and would have been in better position for the head.  Instead sits and watches ball loop over his head. Work to get back on side.

also, Clark was on side and in better position to finish than Barlow.  

We deserve to lose but sometimes you just want to escape by skin of you teeth.

ugh

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,727 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

This was most fucked up loss since Nicola Caricola. 
At least stadium was full for that one  :)+

Not even 60%! 47K/80K
I do not know if we have ever recovered from that.
Hope this lost does not set us back another decade.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Supports:Metro

last goal called off

barlow - should have taken 1-2 steps to get back on side and would have been in better position for the head.  Instead sits and watches ball loop over his head. Work to get back on side.

also, Clark was on side and in better position to finish than Barlow.  

We deserve to lose but sometimes you just want to escape by skin of you teeth.

ugh

Can't fault Barlow there. Things are moving fast, he does his best to get his head on the ball... yes, it was offside, but it was close. What can you do.

It's the 20 minutes of mental breakdown prior to injury time that you need to do something about.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

Can't fault Barlow there. Things are moving fast, he does his best to get his head on the ball... yes, it was offside, but it was close. What can you do.

It's the 20 minutes of mental breakdown prior to injury time that you need to do something about.

fair enough and it was incredibly incredibly close.  

Yes those 20 minutes were a meltdown.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,727 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the feeling from Wednesday 7/27 before USOC and today 8/3 is night and day.

False hope before, crashed back to earth after.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts

zing

Brian Schmetzer on scoring a second goal against FC Dallas during the second half: “A 2-0 doesn’t guarantee you a win. Just look at the New York Red Bulls”. The #RBNYMLS_2022_Team_RBNY_2022.png collapse will serve as a lesson to every locker room during the next days. #SoundersMLS_2022_Team_SEA_2022.pngMLS_2022_Team_SEA_2022.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users