48 replies to this topic

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
I've been MIA for a very long time and this news makes me very sad. You are truly missed brother.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The problem was with all the smoke from the stupid fucking pyro nobody at the stadium saw it. I swear the people who run this team are too fucking stupid to survive. And the first few minutes of the game were shit because the place was covered in a cloud of smoke. But they got to set off more explosions than the bombing of Baghdad. Idiots.

Literally the most negative dude I have ever come across. Seek help. You won't see 50 at this rate.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Literally the most negative dude I have ever come across. Seek help. You won't see 50 at this rate.

*yawn*
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Seriously, some of y'all need to switch to decaf or something:

https://twitter.com/...516990377971712

That's great but I am not saying they acted out of malice, they acted without thinking. This was literally the most important tifo we have ever done and unless you were on that side of the stadium you couldn't see a thing. I was super pissed because I went to the other side of the stadium specifically to get a picture of it and the pyro prevented me from seeing it, much less getting a picture. They should've thought this out.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the most negative dude I have ever come across.

How long have you been on Metrofanatic?
Edit: I checked: 5+ years.
Mike's not even in my top 10 for despondent fans, although some of the classic commentators have reduced their contributions in recent years or vanished entirely.
Hyperbole aside, Mike was legitimately upset that he couldn't get an opposite-field view and photo of the tifo. He was in 101 pre-game, and told me that he was going to the north side uppper deck to take photos. He was obviously unhappy with the smoke. I taped the game, and the broadcasters blamed the delayed start on the smoke, and were still talking about it 15 minutes into the game.
Personally, I was disappointed that I did not see any images of Glenn's tifo on the broadcast. A lot of heartfelt effort went into creating it, and even if it wasn't discussed, it could have been shown. I felt that a conscious effort was made to avoid showing the South Ward on TV while the tifo was up.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
The smoke was a result of doing something special for pride night and damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. Maybe weather conditions made it linger longer too, I'm not sure

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They acknowledged Glenn's passing on the MLSSoccer website Extratime live podcast. they showed the tifo. That's MLS HQ, folks. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Nice gesture, at 42:10 of the podcast.
More than our own club or MSG did.
Stephen Keel sighting as well.
https://m.facebook.c...ve-8-pm-et&_rdr
Also interesting to hear that games in Chicago are now selling out. Apparently Bridgeview isn't that hard to get to, when the team is winning.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Small world.
At the airport in Cincy this morning, someone saw our group and asked if we knew Glenn! She is friends with his niece, who had sent her the photo of the tifo.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Props to those who stopped by yet another salute to Glenn yesterday, at one of his favorite local bars.
You know who you are. 🍻

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
It has been a year. Time has not healed this wound.
https://www.legacy.c...y?pid=186320846
RIP

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Can't believe it's been a year already. He really was the ambassador of the ESC and like many of you he was one of the first people I met in Lot 16A. I was also fortune to move close-by  and, over the last year and a half of his life, got to hang with him a couple times a week at the local watering hole. Miss you brother.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Can't believe it's been a year already. He really was the ambassador of the ESC and like many of you he was one of the first people I met in Lot 16A.

Calcio was welcoming to us crew of newbie kids back in 16A. To be honest we were all a bit nervous until he gave us big bear hugs after a goal. He was an incredibly kind soul, and the very first person to make me feel like a member of ESC. Calcio was a legend within ESC. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

It has been a year. Time has not healed this wound.

3 years. Still had to dry my eyes this morning.
RIP, Brother. Wearing the STAMPede shirt today.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Miss him like crazy. He would always make fun of me for being fat and a conservative but it came from a good place. He loved Metro and every single fan in the southward. I bet ya anything he smiling at us and thinking same ole Metro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users