113 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Cant say I'm too torn up about losing LaCava, the USL to MLS pipeline for strikers has always been a struggle.

The trade situation is a really curious one though. You figure Miami's GM would have called Hamlett first rather than jump through expansion draft hoops to get LaCava.

im confused why everyone thinks Miami would have traded with us before the expansion draft for a player they would then have to protect.  Same thing happened to NYCFC last season, charlotte traded their guy for 400k, LAFC lost Blackmon who was traded for $425k for the same reason.  Only mistake is protecting Barlow and Wiki over Lacava.  But no way miami trades with us before the draft, that would be stupid by them

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

im confused why everyone thinks Miami would have traded with us before the expansion draft for a player they would then have to protect.  Same thing happened to NYCFC last season, charlotte traded their guy for 400k, LAFC lost Blackmon who was traded for $425k for the same reason.  Only mistake is protecting Barlow and Wiki over Lacava.  But no way miami trades with us before the draft, that would be stupid by them

Would St Louis actually have taken LaCava because they wanted him? I assumed Miami specifically was interested and drove the trade but that's just an assumption.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Hamlett asslicker Ben Cork

Is this necessary?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Ppl are frustrated with the sporting side of the team and its constant mis-steps at every turn. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Would St Louis actually have taken LaCava because they wanted him? I assumed Miami specifically was interested and drove the trade but that's just an assumption.

i know Miami drove the pick due to interest but Miami was not going to trade with us before the expansion draft so they have an additional player to protect.  Its why there were not that many trades completed during the first trade window.  the Lacava draft and trade move happens every expansion draft.  we just are dumb for making him available in first place but Miami was never trading with us.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Is this necessary?

Absolutely

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Is this necessary?

Whats the old saying? If the shoe fits, wear it.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i know Miami drove the pick due to interest but Miami was not going to trade with us before the expansion draft so they have an additional player to protect.  Its why there were not that many trades completed during the first trade window.  the Lacava draft and trade move happens every expansion draft.  we just are dumb for making him available in first place but Miami was never trading with us.

The whole asset management for the draft is bizarre.

Barlow or manoel should have been made expendable instead of LaCava.

I am not saying that LaCava is the better player.

What I am saying is that Barlow is technically an expensive player for what he does on the field. He gets paid 188k to score every 270.3 minutes while Lacava's contract has him at 65k.

We also protected Elias manoel who might not be with us next season. Why!?!?

This is without considering that we exposed nocita. A guy rbny spent 100k on allocation money to draft and sserwadda who had solid performances on the first team. Both are on team friendly contracts at 84k and 65k. Yet, we protect harper who doesnt have a define role on this team and earns 276k per season. That is a lot of money for a guy that doesnt play.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,799 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Makes sense.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users