• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Tarek played to his capabilities, which is simply not good enough to be a primary back-up. Last year he was a fringe starter for the worst defense in MLS history. We need to do something to shore up that spot. Parker and Long will not be able to play every game this season. Yellow cards, cups, international duties, potential injuries to our two starting CBs necessitate more competent back up than this pathetic scrub. Last year we had 3 players on the bench/RB II who are better than him in Collin, Escobar, and Ndam. Last night we got fortunate that his numerous mistakes didn't result in more goals allowed, but FO needs to seriously look at that spot and improve it or we will pay the price.

Ehh
it was shaky for everyone last 10 min
Nealis s boatang and if anyone can improve a defender it NYRB

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Tarek played to his capabilities, which is simply not good enough to be a primary back-up. Last year he was a fringe starter for the worst defense in MLS history. We need to do something to shore up that spot. Parker and Long will not be able to play every game this season. Yellow cards, cups, international duties, potential injuries to our two starting CBs necessitate more competent back up than this pathetic scrub. Last year we had 3 players on the bench/RB II who are better than him in Collin, Escobar, and Ndam. Last night we got fortunate that his numerous mistakes didn't result in more goals allowed, but FO needs to seriously look at that spot and improve it or we will pay the price.

Yawn...already writing him off when he has been in our system such a short time. Thank god you are not involved in our club.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Yawn...already writing him off when he has been in our system such a short time. Thank god you are not involved in our club.

Right, like it would be much better to have someone like you involved: lots of blabber, very little substance. True showcase of quantity over quality.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Right, like it would be much better to have someone like you involved: lots of blabber, very little substance. True showcase of quantity over quality.

Blah blah troll

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Blah blah troll

Wow, so I am a troll because I am concerned about CB spot after Tarek was terrible last year and was off to a bad start of us? I've been a fan of Metrostars since the team's inception. Now days looks like anything but a rose colored glasses makes a lifelong fan a troll. It is becoming rather apparent that fan quality has diminished over the years.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Incredible result. Just incredible. Road goal and tie against a playoff team playing our scrubs? Yes please thank you very much.

The good:
Ivan - Active and dangerous in different ways all game. But Im not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet because of how terrible he seemed last season. Poor players are inconsistent. This could have been just 1 good game. Need to see more.
Casseres - This guy can play.
Omir - This guy can play.
Valot - We already knew this guy could play.
Duncan - Very impressive playing out of position and coming back from injury. Speaking of which...

The bad:
Murillo - Another dumb mistake that cost us followed up by more dumb mistakes. Hes going to lose his job and at this point Im fine with it.

The meh:
Backup CBs - Got the job done but if either of them have to play meaningful minutes were in trouble.
Epps - Nothing really good. Nothing really bad. Theres a logjam at this spot so he may have lost the chance at more minutes in the immediate future.
Bezecourt- Ditto. Casseres and/or Valot play over him if Rza or Davis are out.

Finally, gotta give Armas points for this one. Well done.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

LOL the MLS website game recap named Murillo man of the match:

MAN OF THE MATCH: Michael Murillo's relentless box-to-box work from his right back spot helped the Red Bulls make up for the star power they were missing in the attack.

https://www.mlssocce...mls-match-recap

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

LOL the MLS website game recap named Murillo man of the match:

MAN OF THE MATCH: Michael Murillo's relentless box-to-box work from his right back spot helped the Red Bulls make up for the star power they were missing in the attack.

https://www.mlssocce...mls-match-recap

If being inconsistent over 90 minutes and making boneheaded errors earns you MOTM well...

Dont get me wrong when hes good hes good, but when hes bad...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Wow, so I am a troll because I am concerned about CB spot after Tarek was terrible last year and was off to a bad start of us? I've been a fan of Metrostars since the team's inception. Now days looks like anything but a rose colored glasses makes a lifelong fan a troll. It is becoming rather apparent that fan quality has diminished over the years.

yawn

only negative posts until now.  try something like this

incredible result. Just incredible. Road goal and tie against a playoff team playing our scrubs? Yes please thank you very much. 

The good:
Ivan - Active and dangerous in different ways all game. But Im not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet because of how terrible he seemed last season. Poor players are inconsistent. This could have been just 1 good game. Need to see more. 
Duncan - Very impressive playing out of position and coming back from injury. Speaking of which...

The bad:
Murillo - Another dumb mistake that cost us followed up by more dumb mistakes. Hes going to lose his job and at this point Im fine with it.

The meh:
Backup CBs - Got the job done but if either of them have to play meaningful minutes were in trouble. 
Epps - Nothing really good. Nothing really bad. Theres a logjam at this spot so he may have lost the chance at more minutes in the immediate future.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Very impressed with Fernandez, couple of times he had the ball in the attacking third and would attempt to dribble through some defenders. Normally, our guys would get dispossessed, but not Omir. Was eye-opening. I can see why he's been given the run out while White and Etienne are out. 

I like Casseres, he fits well. Like his game now that he's with the 1st team. I knew I liked Duncan in the limited minutes he had from last yr, him playing LB was great. 

Well impressed with a road result on the road, against a team that has our number every so often. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Epps looked to be injured around the tenth minute. He typically is one of the fastest players on the field. Yesterday, he was one of the slowest. He was holding his leg when he was subbed off. I wouldn't write him off yet.

I dont think Tarek looked as awful as some here. Guy is a beast. Needs a bit more time to gel with the team. Final 10 minutes he struggled, but we pretty much always have when we move to 5 in the back, regardless of who is on the field. Comparisons to Redding are a bit laughable.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

yawn

only negative posts until now.  try something like this

incredible result. Just incredible. Road goal and tie against a playoff team playing our scrubs? Yes please thank you very much. 

The good:

The bad:

The meh:

Thanks for the tip, Sensei! You read all my posts? Did you like my take on the Atlanta loss - I was actually quite complimentary to the team, in spite of losing?

By the way, good analysis on the game you gave above, well thought out.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Thanks for the tip, Sensei! You read all my posts? Did you like my take on the Atlanta loss - I was actually quite complimentary to the team, in spite of losing?

By the way, good analysis on the game you gave above, well thought out.

Dont mention it
Guess we agree on ATL loss last year

Replay on now - Ivan offside was close
How poor is Pedro Santos ?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Epps looked to be injured around the tenth minute. He typically is one of the fastest players on the field. Yesterday, he was one of the slowest. He was holding his leg when he was subbed off. I wouldn't write him off yet.

I dont think Tarek looked as awful as some here. Guy is a beast. Needs a bit more time to gel with the team. Final 10 minutes he struggled, but we pretty much always have when we move to 5 in the back, regardless of who is on the field. Comparisons to Redding are a bit laughable.

I also noticed that injury, he might have tried to push through it knowing he's not gonna get many chances.

Agreed with you on everything else, Tarek was fine. He's not the greatest passer but the tools are there to work in our system.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

I want to know all the other MLS teams that have starter-level quality centerbacks on the bench.

I do now know that when you get a draw on the road with a 80% rotated team the thing to do is to attack the new player, and if people don't like that, attack those people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users