2019 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The funny thing is, if MLS waited a few years, the payoff would have been bigger. What did Charlotte pay, 325M?

maybe, but the price went up more because there were fewer expansion slots.   The last one or two were always going to go for a huge premium.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Part of me would find great humor in a South Ward filled with our supporters, supporting San Carlos (I know the SW is closed for the match).

Would be kinda cool if Red Bull gave all season ticket holder free tickets for the South Ward...

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

maybe, but the price went up more because there were fewer expansion slots.   The last one or two were always going to go for a huge premium.

What's the last one? Has that ever been mentioned by garber? I don't see an end in sight..

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Whats the over under on actual bodies in attendance?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What's the last one? Has that ever been mentioned by garber? I don't see an end in sight..

There's always a "last one" to drive up the price... until two years later when there's another "last one"

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

There's always a "last one" to drive up the price... until two years later when there's another "last one"

I still think that Garber gets a cut of each new franchise fee, so he will continue to sell them as long as there are billionaires willing to buy them.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Back in November he said “32 teams will happen at some point but it is not happening any time soon”

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Will BoyCity SGs boycott?
Show up late? (6 PM start)
https://www.prosocce...acaf-red-bulls/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Will BoyCity SGs boycott?

https://www.prosocce...red-bull-arena/

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

These guys are a bunch of tools! What would they do if NYCFC never get a stadium of their own "within the 5 boroughs" and end up sharing RBA with us? Will they abandon the team and stop supporting it? 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

These guys are a bunch of tools! What would they do if NYCFC never get a stadium of their own "within the 5 boroughs" and end up sharing RBA with us? Will they abandon the team and stop supporting it? 

They ignored MLS for 20 years. They'll have no problem ignoring it again. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I think a "boycott" just gives them an excuse for not attending a game most of them probably didn't want to go to anyway.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Yes, many would, and I wouldn't blame them.   Why not just follow us at that point?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
They'd probably support from home. Most of them arent new soccer fans, they just never followed MLS because "its shite mate". The excuse that they ignored RBNY for decades because we play in jersey was always a post-hoc justification.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Don't particularly blame them. When we hosted a cup game at Montclair, the crowd was significantly diminished compared to what it would have been at RBA. There's a lot to be said about not encouraging (their or our) FO with a high attendance at a different arena, in addition to the transport challenges in both cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users