146 replies to this topic

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

pretty dumb.  deserves a nice fine and suspension. 

will he even be available before Copa America?

If he gets 5 games, he comes back on May 19.  Not sure of the timeline for Copa America, but maybe he plays one or two games before leaving.  Of course, he could get  more or less than 5 games.  Good chance we see little or nothing of him until July.

His reaction when walking off the field was pretty pained.  Kind of a recognition that he had just done something really dumb, it looked like he was nearly in tears.  It seemed like he was thinking now I've added to my problems (most of which are self-inflicted).  He kind of clapped for the fans, which was weird since I doubt there were too many RBNY fans there, and touched the badge.  Maybe he was trying to apologize, I don't know.  He just seems pretty messed up emotionally right now.  

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,709 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I'm glad he apologized....saw he posted something on IG.. When things go bad temperamental players really go off the rails... NYRB go on a winning streak i doubt this happens...

But what a lack of concentration.. He's certainly letting the team's poor start get to him and by the way NY looks flat or out of ideas I'd say he isn't the only one frustrated and or lacking confidence
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,924 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It was the at the Galaxy IIRC with those cool navy jerseys se used to have. Had he connected with the kids face there would have been major problems.

I was at that game. It has been a while, but IIRC the ball may have struck an LA fan. I do not recall her being injured, but think I held my breath until I saw yellow instead of red.
Acting out & retaliation never end well.
Edit: Brian just posted the video:
https://m.youtube.co...eature=youtu.be
She ducked and was not struck by the ball.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Anyone else remember a similar incident with Luke Rodgers during the 2nd leg of the LA playoff series. Narrowly missed or grazed a ball kid (we're I'd argue risk would come into play) and got a yellow. I think one of the pundits got majorly po-ed about it and wanted a red, but the incident was pretty much forgotten as soon as the final whistle blew.

https://youtu.be/BAs8st0iFBY
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,861 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The ironic thing is that I fully believe Rodgers actually intended to hit a fan, whereas Kaku just missed the advertisement boards.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

His reaction when walking off the field was pretty pained.  Kind of a recognition that he had just done something really dumb, it looked like he was nearly in tears.  It seemed like he was thinking now I've added to my problems (most of which are self-inflicted).  He kind of clapped for the fans, which was weird since I doubt there were too many RBNY fans there, and touched the badge.  Maybe he was trying to apologize, I don't know.  He just seems pretty messed up emotionally right now.  

His reaction is typical of your average Argie player. Although he plays his International game for Paraguay, he is born and raised Argentinian. Which means, emotional baggage comes along. Argentina has the most psychological doctors, per quota, in the World. Why? Because Argentinians are insecure, machismo contradicts!! Kaku has literally worn his heart on his sleeve and exerted his feelings accordingly. Now, it is all catching up to him. He needs to chill out and mature if he wants to be this God-send player. He is literally living under the shadow of Almiron on the Paraguay national team. Maybe it is too much for him to deal with!? Which goes back to the fact that Argentina has the most psychological doctors per quota....maybe RedBull needs to get him a shrink so he calms the fuck down!

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

His reaction is typical of your average Argie player. Although he plays his International game for Paraguay, he is born and raised Argentinian. Which means, emotional baggage comes along. Argentina has the most psychological doctors, per quota, in the World. Why? Because Argentinians are insecure, machismo contradicts!! Kaku has literally worn his heart on his sleeve and exerted his feelings accordingly. Now, it is all catching up to him. He needs to chill out and mature if he wants to be this God-send player. He is literally living under the shadow of Almiron on the Paraguay national team. Maybe it is too much for him to deal with!? Which goes back to the fact that Argentina has the most psychological doctors per quota....maybe RedBull needs to get him a shrink so he calms the fuck down!

RIP my IQ level reading this. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

RIP my IQ level reading this. 

Why? Are you Argientinian? Does the truth hurt?

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He was clearly admitting his mistake and apologizing.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
When can we expect to hear what the discipline is?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Doesn't the league usually announce that on Wednesdays?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Doesn't the league usually announce that on Wednesdays?

It's been a little bit since I've been dreading the Disco decision, but Wednesday/Thursday sounds familiar.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Everytime I see the title of this thread, it makes me smile.

God bless whom ever came up with it. (Im guessing it was MF)?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Everytime I see the title of this thread, it makes me smile.

God bless whom ever came up with it. (Im guessing it was MF)?

I modified it from the original... forgot what it was.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,924 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I modified it from the original... forgot what it was.

Perhaps just the first two words?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users