• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

I love Tyler but I don't think he was our best player last year by any means.  Top 3 was debatable although I could buy into that.  Would have personally put BWP and Long over him without any doubt about it.

And pointing to anything Tyler has done this year doesn't matter to last year's impact on the team.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The last time Red Bull fired a coach mid-season was JCO in 2009.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
There really isn't an excuse for Armas being the coach tomorrow.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

There really isn't an excuse for Armas being the coach tomorrow.

Seconded.

The team absolutely sucks. Cant score. Cant defend. Cant even connect a pass. Passing the ball out of bounds on a fucking SET PLAY.

Kaku throwing temper tantrums like a grade schooler. Murillo standing around like a traffic cone. Lade being trotted our time and again when hes clearly past it. Zero production at all from the wings. One of the leagues most deadly goal scoring threats colder than a witches tit. Only signing of note in the off season playing like shit for RB2. Our best player in CCJ sitting on the sidelines to start the year.

Armas has no pulse on this team. Doesnt know who to play and the guys he does play are all under performing. Tactics? What tactics? There is no clear game plan. Guys look lost and demoralized out there. Just completely confused as to what they should be doing or when they should be doing it.

I dont know when he lost this team (or if he ever had them to begin with), but he doesnt have any sort of control whatsoever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
What tools has Hamlett given Armas? Seriously?

Our MLS signings since Armas took the helm all played with NYRBII today (Epps, Jorgensen, Nealis and Koffi). Omir Fernandez is a rookie that would have signed with this club regardless of Sporting Director.

Based on the rumblings I have heard Armas has asked numerous times for players to be moved or to bring in certain players and Hamlett isn't getting it done. Meanwhile, Hamlett is in bed with Austria and in a safe spot.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

What tools has Hamlett given Armas?

None. And that is a problem.

But there is also a lot of talent already on this team. They shouldnt be this bad.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Our MLS signings since Armas took the helm all played with NYRBII today (Epps, Jorgensen, Nealis and Koffi). Omir Fernandez is a rookie that would have signed with this club regardless of Sporting Director.

Based on the rumblings I have heard Armas has asked numerous times for players to be moved or to bring in certain players and Hamlett isn't getting it done. Meanwhile, Hamlett is in bed with Austria and in a safe spot.

That's fair, but the team playing in a style that would not be out of place in 1998 MLS is entirely on the coach.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

I agree it's time for Armas to go, but what is captain Robles doing during this run of horrible form? Have there been any player-only meetings?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Hamlett is a disgrace as sporting director. He is just as much at fault as Armas.

If Hamlett had any integrity, he would quit his job in protest for the way Red Bull Global has been penny-pinching with this club.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Hamlett is a disgrace as sporting director. He is just as much at fault as Armas.

If Hamlett had any integrity, he would quit his job in protest for the way Red Bull Global has been penny-pinching with this club.

further on this the fact that we haven't formally replaced our head scout who we (deservedly fired) ahead of a transfer window where we have to do some reconstruction is very bad.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

That's fair, but the team playing in a style that would not be out of place in 1998 MLS is entirely on the coach.

Have to agree Armas search for new tactics is badly misplaced after 7 MLS games and 4 CCL
If its not working after 6 games I need Togo back to pressing. Pressing cant be all bad considering success of the last few years with without Tyler

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,655 posts

I love Tyler but I don't think he was our best player last year by any means.  Top 3 was debatable although I could buy into that.  Would have personally put BWP and Long over him without any doubt about it.

And pointing to anything Tyler has done this year doesn't matter to last year's impact on the team.

This tells me all I need to know about your tactical understanding of what Tyler Adams actually did for this squad. You're just flat out wrong.

Tyler's midfield ability is largely what made our system work. The defense was RARELY exposed because Tyler was in front of them cleaning up messes created by the wings or stopping out counter attacks.

#RedBullOut

colinh9

colinh9

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

L

O

L

rhactl7

rhactl7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Since Armas took over, we have not been the same team offensively. Even last year when he took over, we were getting results, but we definitely had a decrease in scoring chances. We weren't playing that well (by our standards) but were still getting results so everyone was fine with it. Armas said he was "tweaking" Jesse's system, partly so that we could play differently in the playoffs if we needed to. This coincided with Kaku's drop off in assists. He was doing more work defensively. But now the results aren't coming, and we are playing even worse.  We aren't creating any chances. We aren't forcing turnovers, which is what our style was built on.

Its 7 games into the season now and we have 1 win. Losing games at home to horrible teams. This is unacceptable for us.

Yes, Tyler Adams was a huge piece that we didn't directly replace. Yes, BWP is a year older. Yes, Taxi has been out and we don't have a suitable replacement. Yes, we could use another attacking player. But still...this is a team that set a fucking points record last year. We have 10 of 11 starters back. Last year we went into every single game realistically expecting to win. Now we look like one of the worst teams in the league. For there to be this much of a difference in play, that has to be on the manager.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Yes, Tyler Adams was a huge piece that we didn't directly replace. Yes, BWP is a year older. Yes, Taxi has been out and we don't have a suitable replacement. Yes, we could use another attacking player. But still...this is a team that set a fucking points record last year. We have 10 of 11 starters back. Last year we went into every single game realistically expecting to win. Now we look like one of the worst teams in the league. For there to be this much of a difference in play, that has to be on the manager.

All of this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users