82 replies to this topic

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Good teams win games when they play poorly. Yesterday wasnt that- we just got lucky, but Ill take it. Giving up 26 shots at home is embarrassing, but 3pts is 3pts, kudos to the guys for pulling it out. We dropped points when we couldve earned them in the loss vs Philly, yesterday we stole some when we shouldve lost. Lets not let that happen again.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Least deserved 3-1 win I can recall

Also Nicolas onside when shot was hard t but offside when ball rebounded equals onside? Hum

He was onside when the ball is played.

He was not offside when the ball rebounded because to be offside the player must be closer to goal than both the ball and the 2nd to last opponent.  Nicolas was 'onside with regards to the ball' per the laws of the game, as the shot was in front of him and bounces back to him, he is never closer to goal than the ball after the initial shot.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He was onside when the ball is played.

He was not offside when the ball rebounded because to be offside the player must be closer to goal than both the ball and the 2nd to last opponent.  Nicolas was 'onside with regards to the ball' per the laws of the game, as the shot was in front of him and bounces back to him, he is never closer to goal than the ball after the initial shot.

Not sure why the position when the ball hits the bar or when he gets the ball, or the position relative to the ball when the ball rebounds are even being discussed.

He wasn't offside when the shot happened, that's all that matters.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Is there a way for both the US and Jamaica to lose? I want Long and Taxi back so i never have to watch that kind of defending again. Could the Red Bulls give the up any more space then they did Friday? 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
MLSSOCCER write up Brian White has that uncanny ability to be in the right place right time. Watched his goal again he set up Royer who then set him up - he should have a secondary assist on that play plus the goal

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

MLSSOCCER write up Brian White has that uncanny ability to be in the right place right time. Watched his goal again he set up Royer who then set him up - he should have a secondary assist on that play plus the goal

he's done extremely well holding up the fort during this period.  we are very lucky to have a backup like him.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

he's done extremely well holding up the fort during this period.  we are very lucky to have a backup like him.

Our depth is really good almost across the board, except LB (and we only really go three deep at CB). The problem this season has been starting performance at CM/wing/CAM, so hopefully those guys can step up soon.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I'm not a fan of the Davis - Rzatkowski, this is a very poor defensive heat map for the two. That's two tackles even attempted all game and they didn't win possession with either. This remains a huge skillset that we lost with Adams. CCJ does a decent job but I'd love to see a legit destroyer come in this summer.

hUBzZwT.png

don't know how i missed this, but I will admit I underestimated how big of an issue this would be to start the year.  At the game in the second half it felt like the Fire could just waltz through the midfield at will with no resistance.  In a system like ours where we leave defenders on an island when your midfield gambles to win the ball they have to get it sometimes.  Final count says we only won ~41% of duels during the match.  For a pressing team passing sub 65% during the game that's unacceptable.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users