34 replies to this topic

exaccardi

exaccardi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Petke has referred to this week's CONCACAF Champions League game as an opportunity for players to prove their worth for 2015, which raises the question - who will be cut in this offseason? Not only do we have the question of Henry's pending retirement, but there's also gonna be a shakeup in the front office. Last time we got a new sporting director, he rolled out the guillotine for the majority of the roster. Which younguns have failed to impress? Who will we sell off for cash? Who will be taken away in the expansion draft, and who do we protect?

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
People I'd like gone:

Armando
Convey
Eckersly
Perinelle
Sene
Lade
Cahill
Kimura
Sekagya

Olave, Alexander and Luyindula should stay but only as bench options. Olave took a step back this year as he's taken too many stupid cards/penalties and he's not scoring. Luyindula is getting old and the team can do better than Alexander as a starter.

Basically that would leave, for the defense:

Miller
Duvall
Miazga
Olave (bench)

Roxburgh left the team in a mess with the horrendous job he was done lately as sporting director.

exaccardi

exaccardi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I think in terms of defense there's gonna be a smoldering crater by the time cuts are over - Petke does like Armando for some reason, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him back. Duvall could potentially be on the trading block because this club has a wonderful record when it comes to retaining young players with potential.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Petke likes Armando but not Holgersson evidently?  Maybe he should coach the Chiefs.  

Armando puts on the foil every match.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

exaccardi

exaccardi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Petke likes Armando but not Holgersson evidently?  Maybe he should coach the Chiefs.  

Armando puts on the foil every match.

http://www.mlssoccer...ew-york-derby-c

And we wonder why...

I'd love to see that headbutt/Kreis flop immortalized in tifo for the derby next season by the way

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I hate doing this before our season is officially over. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Too early

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Agreed. Still have a bit of soccer to play before really evaluating where we are and what we need going forward.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

http://www.mlssoccer...ew-york-derby-c

And we wonder why...

I'd love to see that headbutt/Kreis flop immortalized in tifo for the derby next season by the way

Heard it all from the 4th row that night. Petke told Kreis to "back the fuck off, motherfucker". Doesn't have much bite coming from a guy with peroxide hair and a breathe right strip but whatever works.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

This thread just shows the psyche of our fan base.  We all know it's inevitable, might as well get a little head start.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
There's going to be a complete overhaul of the roster in the offseason. Time to rebuild again.

exaccardi

exaccardi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I hate doing this before our season is officially over. 

Just starting it in response to Petkes comments regarding tomorrow's game: http://www.mlssoccer...g-youngsters-fi

"“Tomorrow’s game is going to be an opportunity for all the players who haven’t had much playing time,” said Petke after training at Red Bull Arena on Tuesday. “To be quite honest, to put a little bit of pressure that we’re going to have to make decisions towards the end of the year."

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA
The organization hasn't shwon me that they learned from the mistakes of the past. In that sense I don't expect anything more than a first round exit. So why not start this thread :

Gone:

Alexander
Segaya
Olave
Alexander
Kimura
Eckersley
Perinelle
Lade

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Silly me I thought those were red and white flags that they handed out on Sunday, I didn't realize they were just white flags.

exaccardi

exaccardi

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

This thread just shows the psyche of our fan base.  We all know it's inevitable, might as well get a little head start.

The idea that this thread represents a surrender is indicative of the psyche of our fan base... we've been talking about whether or not Henry will be back next season for ages (in fact, it's the poll on the front page of this website). Why isn't that speculation considered to be defeatist like this thread? Why is speculation about certain players ok, but other players not? Although I'd love just as much as the rest of you for the Montreal game to be more than a friendly, ignoring the fact that the 2015 lineup is a major storyline of the game is childish, and suggesting that the discussion of roster moves equals surrender is exactly what makes it seem that way. The negativity of our fanbase often appalls me, and to be honest, the best way to retain fans going into next season is to change that tone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users