237 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,577 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Lets do this then... Can we have a sample letter on Metrofanatic... and people just have to sign and put there address on it and mail it in?

The goal is to force MLS to take a position and deny the offer

No.

MLS will NOT NOT NOT deny the offer. Think about it. If someone gives you... I dunno, 30M? Would you even think about what 50? 100? 200? fans think.

And a form letter will not do it here. Again, the Minardi example. I think the only thing which might have a chance is to write the letter yourself. I am doing so now.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Antman28

Antman28

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Supports:Metro, QPR
As much as I hate to ask, does th league have any say in this? Can't AEG just sell if they want to? Do the other teams have to approve the sale like in other sports? If so, we should get other team's support on this. This could happen to any team.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Lets do this then... Can we have a sample letter on Metrofanatic... and people just have to sign and put there address on it and mail it in?

The goal is to force MLS to take a position and deny the offer

What like the "Fire Nick" petition? :)+ My fooking name still comes up in google searches because of that damned useless petition.

cmurt

cmurt

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
"Red Bull Metros" or as you mentioned, the fans and media can still use the "Metros" nickname aren't that bad. Keep the colors red & black, the Metros songs will remain the same. Maybe we'll be the first team in the league to actually have a corporate logo on the front of our shirts like the rest of the world (sans Barcelona).

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
On the one hand I am happy to get away from AEG, on the other what the fuck. I'm a Metrostars fan, and I seriously don't know if I can follow the team as Red Bull NY or whatever.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
i doubt MLS will let them put Red Bull in the name(the SEM board of Maoist directors might have something to say about that)....what happens if they decide to sell the franchise another 3 years from now? change the name again? i dont think so.

we should just expect just some big ass Red Bull advertrisments on our jersey's and maybe they'll slap the Red Bull name on AEG's new stadium as part of the deal.

my major concern is if red bull will pony up cash for a marquee player if the "beckham exception" ever comes into play

5 year plan

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
If they change the colors or the shield or the name I'm done. I cant support the New York Red Bull corporate whores. I would be ashamed to cheer for the red bulls.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts

If they change the colors or the shield or the name I'm done. I cant support the New York Red Bull corporate whores. I would be ashamed to cheer for the red bulls.

cya later then

5 year plan

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,376 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
I'll be drafting up my letter to Garber. I'll let him know that I am a season ticket holder since day one and will not support the change.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,577 posts
Posted Image -> Posted Image

Posted Image -> Posted Image

Posted Image ->
Posted Image

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
times are a changin'.....we better get used to corps slapping their names on anything and everything

5 year plan

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts
  • Supports:New York
I agree that we have to root for "Metro" in whatever incarnation, and not the brand of Red Bull.

To everyone who is vehemently opposed to this, I think you have to take a moment to find out what their actual plans are. Is it better to be owned by a reclusive christian fundamentalist billionaire than by maniacal soft drink peddlers? I can't really say. I want to root for a soccer team, not a corporate entity, I know that, but...who knows.

The MLS head office is in New York though, and if we want to "do something" it likely makes more sense to make our feelings known on the ground at their head office than it does in e-mails that they'll receive and delete.

I'm free at say 2pm tomorrow to meet at the Stout in NYC on 33rd street and discuss possible fan club reaction, for those of you interested in getting out behind the keyboard and actually "doing" something about it. PM me if you want to go.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,577 posts

times are a changin'.....we better get used to corps slapping their names on anything and everything

Fine. That much is true. Just keep a link to the past.

Metrosct

Metrosct

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I like their logo and wouldn't mind seeing it on the jersey. And I actually like Red Bull Metro. Most importantly, I'm excited about getting owners in here to give this team the resources it deserves. We are the team from the NY Metro area and have not been treated as such. Frankly the move to the new stadium combined with a motivated owner makes for an exciting future.

As Dan has stated, somehow it needs to be impressed upon Red Bull that the Metrostars name (in some shape or form) should be incorporated (actual name or formal nickname) into that future.

When can I buy the new jersey?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,577 posts

And I actually like Red Bull Metro.

But will it be "Red Bull Metro"? If any indications from Red Bull takeovers are, it's not. "Red Bull NY"? "NY Red Bull"? "NJ Red Bull"? "NY/NJ Red Bull"? Or "Red Bulls"?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users