LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro, Celtic, Houston Dynamo

who says that the MLS is a MUST?

It is not but because there is no such thing as promotion in the US you will never have the hope of the "new MetroStars" moving up to the highest division.

Also, while the USL is looking secure now, these lower divisions of sports (even major sports like basketball and, to a lesser extent, hockey) are often fly-by-night ventures with teams constantly folding and leagues often doing the same within a few decades.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
Wow. This really is going to suck. At least I got an extra seat this year so that I could bring a freind and get them intersted in soccer. :ph34r:

Maybe they'll get techno music and a laser lights show at the same time. :)+

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

Wow. This really is going to suck. At least I got an extra seat this year so that I could bring a freind and get them intersted in soccer. :ph34r:

Maybe they'll get techno music and a laser lights show at the same time. :)+

I have been to multiple arena football games and nothing there bothered me. They played music in between plays (something common to all American sports when there is downtime) and flashed lights and/or fireworks after touchdowns (and boy were there a ton of those).

If they only do the techno light shows after goals I have no problem with it.

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

I have been to multiple arena football games and nothing there bothered me.  They played music in between plays (something common to all American sports when there is downtime) and flashed lights and/or fireworks after touchdowns (and boy were there a ton of those).

If they only do the techno light shows after goals I have no problem with it.

you have no soul.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,849 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Maybe it's high time the ESC form a partnership with the renmant supporters club of Salzburg ? They fought the battle and lost, but with their experience in dealing with this...... maybe........

S*it Bull

S*it Bull

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Supports:Austria Salzburg
well to be honest if someone says that techno music and laser shows doesnt bother him thats fine for him.

but to me that has got nothing to do with soccer. the new fanclubs at red bull had to sign a paper that they would behave just like the way red bull wants, if they do  they get cheaper tickets for the drive to away matches, if not  i dont know...

its ridiculous

its not just the name, our team isnt called austria salzburg since the 70s, but thats a sad normality in austria (what do you think would happen if red bull or some other company wants to rename ac milan, ..). so what identification points does a fan have? the players change every year, so do the sponsors and coaches.
at the end its the colors and the respect to the fans, which were gone since the red bull takeover. and thats it

so please stop red bull for destroying another team

PS: here are pictures of our "good bye" to red bull
http://www.ultras.at/news/081.shtml#

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,849 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

well to be honest if someone says that techno music and laser shows doesnt bother him thats fine for him.

but to me that has got nothing to do with soccer. the new fanclubs at red bull had to sign a paper that they would behave just like the way red bull wants, if they do they get cheaper tickets for the drive to away matches, if not i dont know...

its ridiculous

its not just the name, our team isnt called austria salzburg since the 70s, but thats a sad normality in austria (what do you think would happen if red bull or some other company wants to rename ac milan, ..). so what identification points does a fan have? the players change every year, so do the sponsors and coaches.
at the end its the colors and the respect to the fans, which were gone since the red bull takeover. and thats it

so please stop red bull for destroying another team

PS: here are pictures of our "good bye" to red bull
http://www.ultras.at/news/081.shtml#

purple haze. nice

cept we can't even throw paper.........

metrofanatic88

metrofanatic88

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Ive never been to a game at GS so i do not know the conditions with yellow shirts and all but if everyone in the section is doing it what can they do?

DrNO

DrNO

Cosmos. Metro. RedBull.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Metros have 10 years of LOSING tradition, if you can call it a tradition.

A change, any change is probably a good thing.

tkgunn

tkgunn

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT
if you've never been to a game then shut the fuck up

ChinoMoreno

ChinoMoreno

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Red Bull is not a company that likes to buy advertising space. Instead it tends to invest its millions in those participating in events and thus gain publicity by being involved in an activity. This gives the company the image of being an organization that does things rather than riding to success on the achievements of others. This is very successful but it does irritate some, notably TV companies which would like to be getting Red Bull advertising dollars rather than being forced to, in effect, advertise for free. It is in some ways similar to the policy of Benetton a few years ago which decided that it made no sense to be a sponsor when it could be a team owner. Now Red Bull has extended that policy into soccer, having bought control of the Austrian club SV Salzburg.

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has, however, warned that he will be working to tight budgets even if the long-term goal is to take the team to success at international level.

Mr. Jordan

Mr. Jordan

Pedro Alvarez's Agent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Leicester City

"Red BULL Red BULL!!!!"
or e.g in future you even wouldnt shout
"Kentucky Fried Chicken Kentucky Fried Chicken!!"

I don't know why I started laughing hysterically when I read this, but I did.

Anyway, thank you to Violett-Weiss fans for your support and solidarity

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

You have no soul.

I should have clarified by what I said by throwing in a "in theory" there. I do not want to have this post split off so, for an explanation of what I meant, read this: http://www.theonionb...=0

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

Maybe it's high time the ESC form a partnership with the renmant supporters club of Salzburg ?

I'd be totally up for that!

I can't believe all the things Red Bull has done to the loyal supporters of Austria Sazlburg. It's terrible to see such dedicated fans have their souls sold away to a fuckin soft drink! Obviously if we fight this we will lose, but to me that is no reason not to do so!! We need to stand up for the football club we love and fight this forever.

Good Luck to all the guys who try to stop red bull! never stop your fight, and if you stop it, do it for the only good reason: rebuilding the new york metro stars some leagues lower!

The only chance we have at getting a "new Metro" is if MLS gives us one of the new sides in 2007

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts
  • Supports:Metro
A Salzburg supporter sent in this:

Posted Image
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users