KSnake

KSnake

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Milwaukee Rampage
http://www.prestonm....totw020112.html

"First they came for the Tampa Bay Mutiny, but I was not a BatFan so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Miami Fusion and the San Jose ClashQuakes, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Metro, but I was not a Metro so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me." (With apologies to Martin Niemoller) :angry:

LA CHUSMA

LA CHUSMA

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Metro

http://www.prestonm....totw020112.html

"First they came for the Tampa Bay Mutiny, but I was not a BatFan so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Miami Fusion and the San Jose ClashQuakes, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Metro, but I was not a Metro so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me." (With apologies to Martin Niemoller) :angry:

this is soooo weird! i was thinking about posting something like this, but with austria salzburg and scuderia minardi!
right on!

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
The amount of hand wringing is tremendous.

I think a serious sit-down with a shrink is in order for many people on here.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

LA CHUSMA

LA CHUSMA

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
Posted Image

KSnake

KSnake

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Milwaukee Rampage
Sweet.

Pebble: Remember you nonchalence when they take away something you care about ...

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
Remind me, why should I be upset about Red Bull changing the name of a Formula 1 team? Aren't they just based on sponsors anyway?

And does Red Bull buying the team mean there won't be an MLS team in the area?

Run, don't walk, to the nearest shrink and explain to them your problem.

#RedBullOut

LA CHUSMA

LA CHUSMA

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Remind me, why should I be upset about Red Bull changing the name of a Formula 1 team? Aren't they just based on sponsors anyway?

And does Red Bull buying the team mean there won't be an MLS team in the area?

Run, don't walk, to the nearest shrink and explain to them your problem.

minardi was am individually owned team. they were the LAST of their kind. people in F1 really appreciate that. i was one of the over 20,000 signatures they collected. i signed in the montreal GP, because minardi was what F1 used to be about. competition. now soccer is going the same way and you seem to be ok with that, but i'm not
you obviously don't know jack about F1 or its tradition, so keep it shut.

and yes, id rather have no pro-soccer in the area than a 'team' that only exists to promote a shitty drink.

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
You are correct. I know very little about Formula 1. I also don't care to know much more. Cars driving around an area. Yawn.

Car racing is flooded with sponsors. The team didn't dissappear it only changed owners. The same goes for Metros.

Metros existed to promote and grow AEG's concert venues so some Christian fundamentalist can gain more money and promote his fanatical agenda. Sorry if I don't cry over losing that ownership group.

The name changes yet it is still the same product. It is still a professional soccer team that plays in the NY/NJ market.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet."

#RedBullOut

dotThink

dotThink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Metros existed to promote and grow AEG's concert venues so some Christian fundamentalist can gain more money and promote his fanatical agenda. Sorry if I don't cry over losing that ownership group.

Really fucking good point!!!

We're free of Jesus at last!

Since the beginning...

ToddP25

ToddP25

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,752 posts
If I see Shakespeare quoted up here one more time...... :lol:

Minardi sold his team...end of story. Why would red bull keep the name of a previous owner on their car...I don't blame them at all for that.

LordGhoti

LordGhoti

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • Supports:USA, Metro, Celtic, Houston Dynamo

minardi was am individually owned team. they were the LAST of their kind. people in F1 really appreciate that. i was one of the over 20,000 signatures they collected. i signed in the montreal GP, because minardi was what F1 used to be about. competition. now soccer is going the same way and you seem to be ok with that, but i'm not

I do not know jack about F1 either (and could care less about motor "sports") but, if the owners of Minardi cared so much about their individually owned team, why did they sell it to Red Bull (or at least not without a promise to keep the name)?

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

You are correct. I know very little about Formula 1. I also don't care to know much more. Cars driving around an area. Yawn.

Car racing is flooded with sponsors. The team didn't dissappear it only changed owners. The same goes for Metros.

The name changes yet it is still the same product. It is still a professional soccer team that plays in the NY/NJ market.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet."

By those standards Knicks and Nets are the same teams. And so is Yankees and Mets.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts

By those standards Knicks and Nets are the same teams. And so is Yankees and Mets.

How do you make that leap of logic?

There is only one professional soccer team in the area. That is it. Now it has a new name.

#RedBullOut

LA CHUSMA

LA CHUSMA

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

I do not know jack about F1 either (and could care less about motor "sports") but, if the owners of Minardi cared so much about their individually owned team, why did they sell it to Red Bull (or at least not without a promise to keep the name)?

because in F1 you have to pay the FIA a shitload of $$ to race each year, and minardi couldnt afford it anymore, so what redbull bought wasnt so much the team, but their spot in the championship. the same thing red bull is doing here, buying the chance to be in MLS, that's all. by doing that killing the previous team.

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,450 posts
The previous team isn't "killed." It only exists under a new name.

Baltimore Colts became the Indianapolis Colts. The Cleveland Browns became the Baltimore Ravens.

Do you think the old fans of the Baltimore Colts didn't come back to support the Baltimore Ravens? What about the fans of the Cleveland Browns when a new team was placed there?

The team still exists, it is only under a different name. The sanctimonious attitude needs to end.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users