• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
I can't remember the last time we've had such a loud crowd for a non-doubleheader.

If this was Alexi's job, good job.

JonnyG

JonnyG

Now with a blog!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Supports:USA, RBNY
Aris, I thought you said that you would abstain from posting on these boards until Wednesday...

Of all the games to have 27k, this was probably the worst.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Aris, I thought you said that you would abstain from posting on these boards until Monday...

Nope :

LA 5. Metro 0 in front of 40k at GS.

That game lost about 30k potential fans

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Aris, I thought you said that you would abstain from posting on these boards until Wednesday...

Yea well...I really need to get some sort of treatment for my Metrositis or whatever it is. It's really gotten bad under Bradley.

Just such a weird story. Bradley actually cares about the team, and tries his best, and yet he fails. And other coaches whom we've had, who do nothing, just float on.

LA CHUSMA

LA CHUSMA

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Supports:Metro
27,000 turned into 10,000 very quickly after that 3rd goal. what a nightmare last night was!

MetroKilla

MetroKilla

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Keeping it rill.
  • Supports:Metro and USMNT

27,000 turned into 10,000 very quickly after that 3rd goal. what a nightmare last night was!

I was one of the 17,000 refugees. No masochist am I.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,985 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I can't remember the last time we've had such a loud crowd for a non-doubleheader. If this was Alexi's job, good job.

Yeah, Alexi signed Fredy for DC! :D

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid
i did a good job ..Alexi should give me a credit, i brought 22 people who never been to a Metro game before...my entire college team and few girls from our womans team...

but after this result i dont know how many of them would go to a Metro game again
(i dont even wanna mention how 2 of them went to DC fans section in the half time and asked to play on their drum totaly clueles that those are not Metro supporters

JonnyG

JonnyG

Now with a blog!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Supports:USA, RBNY
Probably three reasons why there was such high attendance:

1. it was DC... Freddy Adu
2. Last home game of the season
3. The last home game was an exciting 5-4 win against the best team in the East

Dubya2

Dubya2

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
And it also had to do with the fact that pretty much every youth team in NJ was there last night. Did they get some discount tickets or something?

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC
I was glad to see a full parking lot and people that really seemed interested in being there. It's too bad that the match went the way it did, I think that those individuals may have actually shown up for a playoff match if We'd won.

Now most of htem may not even know We did if we do, because they won't be following the team.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Supports:METRO
People still care about the team. Sure they arent at every game but this was a huge game. Its just hard not to be fed up with all the problems metro has and continues not to fix. Nothing like 27k chanting FIRE BOB... see they do care.

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

Nothing like 27k chanting FIRE BOB... see they do care.

aah, just like watching a Knicks game.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

1. it was DC... Freddy Adu

Aint no 27k fans going to a game becuase of Adu. Hes an overrated sack of shit 16 year old that falls to the ground when anyone touches him. 27k people will go out to see adu eventually...not now.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,863 posts
i think several thousand "closet metro fans" came out of the woodwork to give this team one last shot....and they were pissed on as usual. Adu couldnt draw 27k on his own, freddy mania is over.

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users