'Fans' Throwing Rocks at Philly Buses ...

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders
Posted Image

MPF

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

fatcatnyc

fatcatnyc

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Supports:SATAN & nyrb

I know you are being sarcastic a little bit here, but this is part of the problem. MLS 2.0 Supporters (Philly , Seattle*) do a very good job of cultivating the media - mostly because they had to to get the Don's attention in the first place. Unfortunately, those same people doing the cultivating within the group are ALSO a bunch of nancy boys with little teensy sized ball bearing balls. Basically any of the Old School teams would have schluffed it off.

Add it to a mix of old dinosaurs still running mass media - especially the print side and for the next decade as more nancy boys come into MLS and the society continues it CYA/no accountability slide (referring to te Section 8 "contract" here) expect to see more of this low level bullshit.

*edit - upon further review, I'm not so sure about Toronto whinging over something like this.

actually i m not. why cant we throw some mud right back like a political campaign. when we go there if i break a nail im callin the media.phuck it . they are tryin to make us look bad. im tellin you man. one splinter im calling the times aahahhahahahhaa

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys
Apparently I should have called FSC after the Gold Cup Final last year......... <_<

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

actually i m not. why cant we throw some mud right back like a political campaign. when we go there if i break a nail im callin the media.phuck it . they are tryin to make us look bad. im tellin you man. one splinter im calling the times aahahhahahahhaa

Without condoning Redknapp's orgy of destruction, I've got to say that the attention this fucking bus window has gotten is mind-boggling. The DOBs are worse media whores than the Screaming Eagles. I suppose that they feel like the reason they got a team in the first place is because a few guys who would watch soccer at a bar created a petition to get an MLS team and claimed every name on the petition as a member of the supporters club, then took that to the press and got an insane amount of attention, so now they assert that the reason a team exists at all is because of them (and not because of the millionaires who own the team or the state of PA for funding their stadium).

As a result, they already have contacts in the media who will amplify their whining about us. Never mind that we have had bus windows broken before, that our members have had bottles and fists thrown at us, that our supporters have been surrounded and beaten up in stadiums and parking lots, that the GSS got fucking tear gassed in New England. A tiny crack in a window is clearly a sign that NY supporters are out of control, poor Philly fans are the victims, and dread hooliganism has come to America.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

Without condoning Redknapp's orgy of destruction, I've got to say that the attention this fucking bus window has gotten is mind-boggling. The DOBs are worse media whores than the Screaming Eagles. I suppose that they feel like the reason they got a team in the first place is because a few guys who would watch soccer at a bar created a petition to get an MLS team and claimed every name on the petition as a member of the supporters club, then took that to the press and got an insane amount of attention, so now they assert that the reason a team exists at all is because of them (and not because of the millionaires who own the team or the state of PA for funding their stadium).

As a result, they already have contacts in the media who will amplify their whining about us. Never mind that we have had bus windows broken before, that our members have had bottles and fists thrown at us, that our supporters have been surrounded and beaten up in stadiums and parking lots, that the GSS got fucking tear gassed in New England. A tiny crack in a window is clearly a sign that NY supporters are out of control, poor Philly fans are the victims, and dread hooliganism has come to America.

It was only a message by me to Nicko that I am still waiting for my free beer in 16A.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

As a result, they already have contacts in the media who will amplify their whining about us.

Yeah, that just ain't right. We have to show them that we can whine about us 10x better than they can. :blink:

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Now the Philly fans have something else to talk about :lol: :
http://sports.yahoo....?urn=mlb,238457

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users