30 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Not been following too closely, but can i assume this is the organization not taking a cup competition seriously again? Why are they sending out a team of reserves and back-ups in a CCL game that is essentially a must win to have a shot to advance (or draw at least)? 

I don't get it, hell i have never got it in the years Red Bull has owned this team, how they can so casually dismiss going balls out in cup competitions. The fans to some extent have adopted that mentality. I never used to read many posts about the USOC or CCL being not as important as MLS league play, now its the norm outside of a few handcores. This team has never won an official trophy, ever. The only semi-official trophy they won was the supporters created and owned SS last season. How can they be so blase' about the CCL?

Does the South Ward plan any major protests or backlash against the franchise for taking this game less than serious? Where is the pressure on the organization from the fans?

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

This team has never won an official trophy, ever. The only semi-official trophy they won was the supporters created and owned SS last season. 

come on... 

This feels like a bit of goalpost moving. Technically true, but it feels like Philly fan logic. The league tacitly recognizes it as an "official" trophy by awarding a spot in the CCL to the team that finishes with the best regular season record.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Not been following too closely, but can i assume this is the organization not taking a cup competition seriously again? Why are they sending out a team of reserves and back-ups in a CCL game that is essentially a must win to have a shot to advance (or draw at least)? 

I don't get it, hell i have never got it in the years Red Bull has owned this team, how they can so casually dismiss going balls out in cup competitions. The fans to some extent have adopted that mentality. I never used to read many posts about the USOC or CCL being not as important as MLS league play, now its the norm outside of a few handcores. This team has never won an official trophy, ever. The only semi-official trophy they won was the supporters created and owned SS last season. How can they be so blase' about the CCL?

Does the South Ward plan any major protests or backlash against the franchise for taking this game less than serious? Where is the pressure on the organization from the fans?

Why do you give a fuck about the South Ward? When the groups comprising the South Ward don't give a fuck about South Ward. Keep your thoughts about the team/ownership. Let the supporters of the team do what we do.
Thanks.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
"Not been following too closely, but can i assume ..."

Huh? You follow EVERYTHING regarding RBNY.
You're obsessed just admit it. If you weren't you wouldn't post here, you'd post on those hopping Cosmo boards.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

come on... 

This feels like a bit of goalpost moving. Technically true, but it feels like Philly fan logic. The league tacitly recognizes it as an "official" trophy by awarding a spot in the CCL to the team that finishes with the best regular season record.

I agree, which is why i called it semi-official. Don't worry, not saying it doesn't count.  Just pointing out generally the franchise is in no position to be treating competitions with actual official trophies up for grabs so callously. Which is why I have always, goign back several years, been dumbfounded over their treatment of the USOC and CCL. They treat MLS games in league play as the only thing worthy of their effort. Its not a good mentality to have, especially from a fans perspective.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Why do you give a fuck about the South Ward? When the groups comprising the South Ward don't give a fuck about South Ward. Keep your thoughts about the team/ownership. Let the supporters of the team do what we do.
Thanks.

Well, im still a card carrying member and support ESC. But if supporters truly are not happy with how the team approaches these fixtures, is anything being done about it? Can anything be done? Or is the multi-group South Ward to fractured to accomplish any meaningful protest to sending a fullt eam of reserves out in a big CCL game? Honest question, i've been away from the day to day group stuff to long to know the answer.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Well, im still a card carrying member and support ESC. But if supporters truly are not happy with how the team approaches these fixtures, is anything being done about it? Can anything be done? Or is the multi-group South Ward to fractured to accomplish any meaningful protest to sending a fullt eam of reserves out in a big CCL game? Honest question, i've been away from the day to day group stuff to long to know the answer.

Well, something can be done about it. But to answer the question of if something will be done about it is a completely different issue that I don't think anyone knows the answer to. I have my opinion on the "protest/no protest" debate and what I think should be done but it's not up to me, obviously.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I honestly want them to win CCL but at this point with so many games they literally cannot play everyone. Come on sack, you know better.

Sandman527

Sandman527

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I just checked the membership list, you are not on it. So please refrain from claiming to be a "card carrying member".

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Why do you give a shit? 

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

I just checked the membership list, you are not on it. So please refrain from claiming to be a "card carrying member".

I guess $20 bucks doesn't buy you what it used to. Consider it a donation then. 

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Why do you give a shit? 

I am always interested in protests against Red Bull. Frankly, you should be too.  Change up top isn't going to happen remaining idle. Maybe the problem is you have weak dick leadership like Sandman who spends more time tracking down whether i have a card # than organizing efforts of ESC to do important things. Maybe you can pry him away from spreading FO cheer and propaganda long enough, maybe not.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

To fill you in, there are a few 'injury concerns' for the likes of Henry/Cahill/BWP, and as always a visa issue with a good foreign player (Oyongo). Added in is the fact that they are playing an absurd amount of games in a short period of time and we still have work to do keep a playoff spot.  So they do have a few legit "excuses" for this game.

Unfortunately it seems they always end up with excuses to half ass the Open Cup and CCL games.  They clearly don't really care.

My biggest grief with you has not been you hate Red Bull, but that you choose to make us miserable rather than make Red Bull miserable.  I would respect you putting effort into anti-Red Bull protesting that they would take note of.  But to answer another question, yeah, the South Ward is way to dysfunctional to ever organize a legit anti-Red Bull campaign.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I really want to be excited about CCL and the Open Cup, but how can I be when this club clearly does not care?!?  It's frustrating as hell.  Times like these I'm happy I no longer own season tickets.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

MLSNYC4

MLSNYC4

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Supports:MLSNYC4, New York Skyliners

Why go out of your way to call the SS "semi-official", and say that the team's never won an official trophy like USOC or CCL, if you're not demeaning the SS? If somebody tried to pull that kinda shit after the Open Cup game, you would have shit your pants and rubbed it all over your face. Go fuck yourself.

#RedBullOut until the job is done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users