MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I like where this thread is going...

With Thelwell now involved... I get the feel his job will be he picks the players and does the persuading and such and he has hamlett to lean on to make sure they can do it by abiding MLS convoluted rules......

I expect him to poach talent that are underrated as he has with Wolves....

I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in out of favor players from the Premier League
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,807 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I like where this thread is going...

With Thelwell now involved... I get the feel his job will be he picks the players and does the persuading and such and he has hamlett to lean on to make sure they can do it by abiding MLS convoluted rules......

I expect him to poach talent that are underrated as he has with Wolves....

I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in out of favor players from the Premier League

Judging by previous targets, I'm thinking players from the Championship no more than U23. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
I'm really hoping for Ivan Periić I his effort and work rate and I also would love Pedro guy's a World Cup winner and eas among the best in the world and he would be All Star level even at this point of his career....

Maybe Giroud as well... He'd be amazing here....

I'm trying to be hopeful and positive and dreaming for the best

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Okay, now your dealing with my part of the world. Periić is nasty, obviously. Mourinho was trying to get him to come to Man U for 2 solid years for $50M Euros....unsuccessfully. He is on loan at Bayern Munich with an option to buy. He might be a bit out of reach.

Pedro is a perfect target. Hes not part of Chelseas plans, not playing and when he has played the past couple of months, hes been terrible. He may realize that its time to leave Europe. Hed be a major asset to any MLS team.

Giroud badly wants to go back to France. With the Euros come f up this summer, that rules him out most of the season. And with so much competition to play for France (Mbappe, Griezman, LaCazette, etc.), it would be a hard pill to swallow for him to retire from European football and retain his starting place in Frances Euro 2020 line-up.

Now we have a British SD, Ill put on my Milo hat and come up with many good names for us.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts
Okay, heres a good one, thats definitely doable. Lyndon Gooch.

He was an up and coming winger in the US set-up. Well thought of prospect that was getting some minutes in the Premirship when he was 20.

He got caught up as Sunderland went into the shitter at the wrong time of his career. Sunderland have dropped all the way to League 1 (3rd Division) and hes been getting regular minutes and has been playing well.

Get his ass out of Englands 3rd division now!

Would be much better for him to be seen in MLS, right in front of Berhalter. That way he could get his US Nats career back on track. It would be a good move for him.

3rd division players are definitely affordable for us. Id actually rather have him than Sims.

He just turned 24 and is entering him prime.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Supports:Metro

He was an up and coming winger in the US set-up. Well thought of prospect that was getting some minutes in the Premirship when he was 20.

He got caught up as Sunderland went into the shitter at the wrong time of his career. Sunderland have dropped all the way to League 1 (3rd Division) and hes been getting regular minutes and has been playing well.

Would be much better for him to be seen in MLS, right in front of Berhalter. That way he could get his US Nats career back on track. It would be a good move for him.

3rd division players are definitely affordable for us. Id actually rather have him than Sims.

Playing time, Goals and assists look okay. More yellow cards than I would like to see.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts
2 more Euro names that are available on a free transfer this summer. Matic from Man U and Muituidi from Juve. Both play CDM and would be massive upgrades. Theyre both veterans (31 & 32 respectively) and would really be able to teach a guy like Caceras a lot.

Matic doesnt have the legs anymore to cut it at the top level. Muituidi can still cut it at the top level but maybe one of these players would be ready to kick it down a notch and live in NJ.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
I like the idea of getting Gooch... I always like the of bringing US Nat players back to MLS...

I'll throw a name out there Watford has Juan Camilo Hernández rights he did great in second division Spain, played La Liga last season could only muster a handful of goals during a injury prone season and was loaned to another club... I think in MLS considering it's a different pace i think he'd do very well here.

He's already scored more goals in Red Bull Arena than some guys on the roster as he had a brace with Colombia in a friendly there....

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Steven Enna.

Ran across him the other day. He's a 24-year-old American striker who played at Drake, 6'4", and scored a goal every other game in the first half of his debut professional season in the Danish second tier.

Would be cheap, might provide depth, would count as domestic.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Steven Enna.

Ran across him the other day. He's a 24-year-old American striker who played at Drake, 6'4", and scored a goal every other game in the first half of his debut professional season in the Danish second tier.

Would be cheap, might provide depth, would count as domestic.

Is he a member of your family?

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Is he a member of your family?

I wish I had those height genes.

I was looking at a list of American strikers in Europe on Transfermarkt and he was the 6th-most valuable. Weirded me out that I had literally never heard of him.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

I wish I had those height genes.

I was looking at a list of American strikers in Europe on Transfermarkt and he was the 6th-most valuable. Weirded me out that I had literally never heard of him.

I think you literally do the same amount of scouting as the Red Bulls front office........pull up websites and recommend players theyve never seen or heard of.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,413 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Steven Enna ... in the Danish second tier.

He may be signed into 2021:
https://www.transfer.../spieler/682171
He is currently top scorer for his club, with 8.
FC Fredericia may only be semi-pro.
Just 1,400 seats in their ground.
Currently 2nd, would it even be eligible for promotion?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The issue with Gooch is that he's got both a UK and Irish passport. He may want to stay in Europe, and teams won't be penalized by taking a shot on him.

That being said, he would be a good pick up. Our reputation with turning players' careers around plus our connections abroad should be attractive to anybody looking for a chance of scenery while keeping their options open.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts
When I saw the Pavon goal today for Galaxy all i can think was i wish he had signed with Metro...

I haven't given up on seeing Everton Soares dribbling through 3 MLS defenders and scoring for while wearing a RBNY jersey..... Him on one side and Jorge Carrascal on the other.... Both under 24

If not Everton Soares.. Then Sebastián Villa..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users